1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Oct '15 20:36
    Originally posted by divegeester
    All "thumbs down" you receive will also trigger sending you an email notification, so I'd switch your spam filter to "turbo" if I was you.
    Au contraire; an exponential number of "thumbs down" on these public forums indicates considerable levels of interest and readership.
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    14 Oct '15 23:56
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    And did you feel this same way about 'Recs'? Was that a "waste of space" too?

Or do you only feel this way about downvotes?

Each thread half-filled with "Agree" or "Disagree" would be even more boring.
    Yes, I did feel the same way about Recs, as it happens.

I read something, I like it, I don't feel the need to run to someone and say "look what I found!" If people want to read forums, they can. If they find something interesting in a forum thread, they can post something in that thread for others to read.
    If they can't be bothered, why do we need to pick out the "good stuff" for them?
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Oct '15 00:18
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Yes, I did feel the same way about Recs, as it happens.

I read something, I like it, I don't feel the need to run to someone and say "look what I found!" If people want to read forums, they can. If they find something interesting in a forum thread, they can post something in that thread for others to read.
    If they can't be bothered, why do we need to pick out the "good stuff" for them?
    How about because a lot of you live on RHP and have more time than others?

-VR and the way I see it!!!
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Oct '15 07:30
    Please at least give people the option of turning alerts on or off. So annoying man.
  5. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Oct '15 09:29
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Please at least give people the option of turning alerts on or off. So annoying man.
    I have never given you so many thumbs up.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Oct '15 11:30
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I have never received so many - who would of thought they could be so annoying?
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    15 Oct '15 12:07
    I have never received so many - who would of thought they could be so annoying?
    Could it be that the amount of annoyance you receive is a reflection of the amount of annoyance you post?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Oct '15 15:28
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Could it be that the amount of annoyance you receive is a reflection of the amount of annoyance you post?
    one would think that according to the law of Karma such a scenario to be correct, however the annoyance is not that people recommend posts but that one needs to be made aware of it every time they do. Other forums that i frequent state who liked a post and how many people liked a post below the forum post itself. This would be a much better option than being reminded every time someone recommends a post. The outcome of the present debacle is that one must wade through pointless alerts to find the ones that are of importance, for example when a clan bounces a challenge.
  9. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    15 Oct '15 15:48
    one would think that according to the law of Karma such a scenario to be correct
    i apologize for getting off topic, but i really am curious about this 'law of karma' of which you speak...
    is it written???
    will you please point me in the right direction???
    thanks...
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Oct '15 15:55
    Originally posted by rookie54
    i apologize for getting off topic, but i really am curious about this 'law of karma' of which you speak...
    is it written???
    will you please point me in the right direction???
    thanks...
    Yes watch every episode of 'My name is Earl', it contains everything you need to know about Karma
  11. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    15 Oct '15 15:58
    Yes watch every episode of 'My name is Earl', it contains everything you need to know about Karma
    okie dokie...
    i have watched the entire series twice, have it on dvd, too...
    i never realized that i could become so intensely enlightened by a television show filled with juvenile violence and rampant sexual innuendo...

crap,
    i've become bostobobbo...
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '15 16:18
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Au contraire; an exponential number of "thumbs down" on these public forums indicates considerable levels of interest and readership.
    Shame you didn't read my post oh contraire one.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Oct '15 16:18
    Originally posted by rookie54
    okie dokie...
    i have watched the entire series twice, have it on dvd, too...
    i never realized that i could become so intensely enlightened by a television show filled with juvenile violence and rampant sexual innuendo...

crap,
    i've become bostobobbo...
    who or what is this bostobobbo
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Oct '15 16:19
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Shame you didn't read my post oh contraire one.
    shame? you mean good fortune.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '15 16:19
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I'm going to thumb up every one of his posts just to annoy him.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree