1. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    30 Sep '13 21:39
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    The wealthiest 20% and the poorest 20% of society should be ineligible to vote.

(Work it out yourselves)
    HA! 😵

Thats the best post in the thread and I type that with sincerity.
  2. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 09:53
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    The fact that S Africa is a troubled and divided country is hardly an argument for letting the rich get their snouts even further in the trough by disenfranchising the poor.

The poor argue that they should have more votes than the rich because they are more likely to be adversely affected by incompetent government and thus treat the electoral process with more gravitas.
    rich get their snouts even further in the trough

Their snouts?
  3. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 09:55

(Work it out yourselves)
    If you want the country to collapse, then that's the way to go. The rich employ people and own most of the businesses. If they have no say, where does that leave us?
  4. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 14:54
    Originally posted by Tygert
    If you want the country to collapse, then that's the way to go. The rich employ people and own most of the businesses. If they have no say, where does that leave us?
    Ignorant boob! Do you really think that the rich would have no say simply because they have no vote?

His post was a joke, if only the middle class could vote the results would likely be exactly what they are now.
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 15:401 edit
    Having no say in government wouldn't stop them from being able to employ people.
  6. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 16:39
    Originally posted by vivify
    Having no say in government wouldn't stop them from being able to employ people.
    While it may not, if they cannot have a part in running the country (remembering that the rich are the ones who pay the tax that keep the country running) Bad things like nationalisations are going to happen. One of the leaders in this country, Julius Malema, wanted the government to take full control of the mines. (this was just before he was convicted of embezzlement and fraud) The mines are what keep the country's economy afloat and prevent South Africa from becoming a Zimbabwe.
  7. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 17:08
    While it may not, if they cannot have a part in running the country (remembering that the rich are the ones who pay the tax that keep the country running) Bad things like nationalisations are going to happen. One of the leaders in this country, Julius Malema, wanted the government to take full control of the mines. (this was just before he was convicted of em ...[text shortened]... es are what keep the country's economy afloat and prevent South Africa from becoming a Zimbabwe.
    They run the country with their money not with their votes. For them, voting is just P/R. Ignorant boob!
  8. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    06 Oct '13 03:41
    [b]rich get their snouts even further in the trough

Their snouts?[/b]
    Yes! their snouts! as in greedy pigs!
  9. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    06 Oct '13 03:44

(Work it out yourselves)
    I know, I know, you are middle class.😏

I wish there was a smiley for putting your hand up.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree