1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    12 Jul '18 22:081 edit
    I get the fear. Don't get their attention. Float under the radar. I'm white, don't wear a turban, and I'm pretty good at skating. I'm not the droid you are looking for.
  2. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    12 Jul '18 22:21
    Originally posted by @apathist
    I'm not the droid you are looking for.
    LOL
  3. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 08:22
    I get the fear. Don't get their attention. Float under the radar. I'm white, don't wear a turban, and I'm pretty good at skating. I'm not the droid you are looking for.
    But, you could be a "replicant".

If you see undercover cop, Harrison Ford...hide!
  4. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 20:04
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    But, you could be a "replicant".

If you see undercover cop, Harrison Ford...hide!
    Or, give him a lay. He will forget about killing slaves for a while.
  5. Playing with matches
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 21:471 edit
    they aren't your friend

We are in a world where you can go learn. Why aren't you doing this.
    People are inherently self serving creatures wired for survival. The level of “civilized” behavior is directly proportional to how complete Maslow’s hierarchy of needs is fulfilled. Safety/security is a fundamental part of this hierarchy. Take it away and the pyramid collapses. Chaos ensues. Dogs and cats living together. Cannibals roaming the streets.

That being said, minimizing your exposure to those that provide said security by enforcing the law is a strong policy. Can’t zip your wiener up in your fly if you ain’t wearing pants.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 22:321 edit
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    I'm sure cops are proportionally just as racist, bigoted, and abusive as the rest of us.
    When white dudes get to be cops they sometimes are on a power trip, and their biases works against blacks and browns. How many white folks got killed by white cops V black folks killed by white cops when the suspects are totally unarmed.

There was a recent case, not lethal fortunately, where a black kid was told to sit down on the curb and stick legs out, he did that but had knees partially bent. Because of that the white cop tazed him and was video taped by a resident there. You think that had nothing to do with white cop V black kid? I am 100% sure if that had been white cop, white kid, there would have been no tazing. That black kid was doing absolutely nothing disrespectful, was not swearing at the cop or anything like that, just had his knees partially out, legs half extended. For that he got tazed. Clearly a cop on a power trip.
  7. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 22:431 edit
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    When white dudes get to be cops they sometimes are on a power trip, and their biases works against blacks and browns. How many white folks got killed by white cops V black folks killed by white cops when the suspects are totally unarmed.

There was a recent case, not lethal fortunately, where a black kid was told to sit down on the curb and stick legs ou ...[text shortened]... s knees partially out, legs half extended. For that he got tazed. Clearly a cop on a power trip.
    I will not argue that such horrible things have happened and are happening.

But, the great majority of cops, be they white, yellow, brown or black...are men and women of solid integrity.

Let's not state things that could be roughly equivalent of: Because a black man robbed and murdered the Korean owner of a Bedford-Stuyvesant liquor store, that all Brooklyn black men are bad guys who hate Koreans.
  8. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    14 Jul '18 02:32
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    But, the great majority of cops, be they white, yellow, brown or black...are men and women of solid integrity.

Let's not state things that could be roughly equivalent of: Because a black man robbed and murdered the Korean owner of a Bedford-Stuyvesant liquor store, that all Brooklyn black men are bad guys who hate Koreans.[/b]
    Definitely. But what percentage of criminal cops should we tolerate?
  9. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    14 Jul '18 02:34
    And does that number change when it is your face they are in?
  10. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    14 Jul '18 05:47
    Originally posted by @hand-of-hecate
    People are inherently self serving creatures wired for survival. The level of “civilized” behavior is directly proportional to how complete Maslow’s hierarchy of needs is fulfilled. Safety/security is a fundamental part of this hierarchy. Take it away and the pyramid collapses. Chaos ensues. Dogs and cats living together. Cannibals roaming the streets. ...[text shortened]... forcing the law is a strong policy. Can’t zip your wiener up in your fly if you ain’t wearing pants.
    You are going over my head. Are you saying you are happier naked?
  11. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    14 Jul '18 10:24
    Originally posted by @sonhouse

There was a recent case, not lethal fortunately, where a black kid was told to sit down on the curb and stick legs ou ...[text shortened]... s knees partially out, legs half extended. For that he got tazed. Clearly a cop on a power trip.
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/7264/5-statistics-you-need-know-about-cops-killing-aaron-bandler
  12. Playing with matches
    Moves
    14 Jul '18 16:07
    You are going over my head. Are you saying you are happier naked?
    Isn’t everyone?
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Jul '18 16:43
    Isn’t everyone?
    Well, not during a business meeting.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Jul '18 21:20
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Well, not during a business meeting.
    I guess that depends on just what business is being discussed🙂
  15. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    15 Jul '18 00:17
    Isn’t everyone?
    Oh. Maybe. I'm in a desert though. Clothes that let your balls breathe while shading your head works better here.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree