General Forum

General Forum

  1. Unknown Territories
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    11 Jun '16 14:00
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    Coriolis effect demonstrated on a small scale inside a room.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt_XJp77-mk
    Thanks for that.
  2. Unknown Territories
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    11 Jun '16 14:05
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Have no fear, the freak will ignore this video and anything else that goes against his flatass fantasy.
    Here is what is truly epic.
    While you and other objecting are bent on making me out to be the fool (instead of simply looking at the evidence which goes against your claims), you make yourselves out to be complete fools who post things in favor of what I am saying.
    Did you wholeheartedly think this video supports your claim?
    Too precious.
    Airplanes and missiles appear to follow curved trajectories when seen by observers on Earth as the planet rotates underneath.

    That's from your proof, this video.
    Kinda funny, huh.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52913
    11 Jun '16 14:18
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Here is what is truly epic.
    While you and other objecting are bent on making me out to be the fool (instead of simply looking at the evidence which goes against your claims), you make yourselves out to be complete fools who post things in favor of what I am saying.
    Did you wholeheartedly think this video supports your claim?
    Too precious.
    Air ...[text shortened]... the planet rotates underneath.

    That's from your proof, this video.
    Kinda funny, huh.
    I'll give you a hint: Scoffing does not win arguments. Counter evidence wins arguments and you have produced nothing but scoff.
  4. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    11 Jun '16 14:341 edit
  5. Unknown Territories
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    11 Jun '16 14:37
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I'll give you a hint: Scoffing does not win arguments. Counter evidence wins arguments and you have produced nothing but scoff.
    I've provided literally countless pieces of supporting evidence and you refuse to address them.
    To concede to one of your counter arguments which you've thrown back in lieu of addressing the two questions I put forth, I offered this thread to address one of those thrown.
    Instead of considering the facts I put forth, you engage in name-calling, ridicule and scorn... so you'll forgive me if I ridicule you in return when the traps you set ensnare you repeatedly.

    So, to this video which you insisted I watch in the hopes of reason finally getting through to me: did it get through to you?
    The "experts" who put this video together claim that airplanes are affected by the CE, as I reported they should be, were the earth spinning.
    What say you now?
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52913
    11 Jun '16 14:472 edits
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    I've provided literally countless pieces of supporting evidence and you refuse to address them.
    To concede to one of your counter arguments which you've thrown back in lieu of addressing the two questions I put forth, I offered this thread to address one of those thrown.
    Instead of considering the facts I put forth, [b]you
    engage in name-cal ...[text shortened]... ] affected by the CE, as I reported they should be, were the earth spinning.
    What say you now?[/b]
    Are you totally daft or just pretending we haven't already gone over this? YES AIRPLANES ARE AFFECTED BY CORIOLIS EFFECT. Why would you think I said otherwise? You need to take your memory meds, you are losing it. This makes at least 3 times you have brought this up with the answer always being YES planes feel the effect of Coriolis but the atmosphere is moving more or less the same velocity as the Earth so the effects will be more subtle but still there:

    https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/the-coriolis-effect-and-air-travel.705337/

    Missiles flying above the atmosphere BETTER take Coriolis into effect because now the atmosphere and the missile are disconnected and it is going to be off by a lot, Earth spinning about 1600 km/hr and a missile maximum flies about 20 minutes so if it just goes in a straight path it will miss the target by over 500 Km.

    You can take THAT one to the bank Frank.
  7. Unknown Territories
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    11 Jun '16 15:08
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Are you totally daft or just pretending we haven't already gone over this? YES AIRPLANES ARE AFFECTED BY CORIOLIS EFFECT. Why would you think I said otherwise? You need to take your memory meds, you are losing it. This makes at least 3 times you have brought this up with the answer always being YES planes feel the effect of Coriolis but the atmosphere is m ...[text shortened]... aight path it will miss the target by over 500 Km.

    You can take THAT one to the bank Frank.
    While I appreciate your fixation on all things Freaky, I read everyone's responses, not only yours.
    You're saying they must take the CE into account, others are saying no.

    I've already provided the math of the rotational speed in ground covered for the earth, a bullet and two types of planes.
    So this goes back to the original question related to the effect.
    If a bullet must be fired with the CE in mind, how is it that a plane takes just as long to go from Seattle to Boston as it does from Boston to Seattle?
    With the earth spinning "out and underneath" it at a rate of 1007 mph, how could a 500 mph plane ever make it to Boston from Seattle?
    Every hour, that poor plane is 500 miles further behind!
    Conversely, at those rates, it would take less than two hours to get to Seattle from Boston... and yet it takes less than six both ways.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52913
    11 Jun '16 15:19
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    While I appreciate your fixation on all things Freaky, I read everyone's responses, not only yours.
    You're saying they must take the CE into account, others are saying no.

    I've already provided the math of the rotational speed in ground covered for the earth, a bullet and two types of planes.
    So this goes back to the original question related to th ...[text shortened]... e less than two hours to get to Seattle from Boston... and yet it takes less than six both ways.
    What part of 'the atmosphere is moving about the same rate as Earth' do you not understand? Do you really need remedial reading classes? We have also said that over and over again only to be deflected yet again by your obtuse nature.

    Did you also not understand the flight of missiles above the atmosphere? They will miss their mark by many miles if Coriolis is not taken into account.

    What part of THAT do you not understand?
  9. Unknown Territories
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    11 Jun '16 15:44
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    What part of 'the atmosphere is moving about the same rate as Earth' do you not understand? Do you really need remedial reading classes? We have also said that over and over again only to be deflected yet again by your obtuse nature.

    Did you also not understand the flight of missiles above the atmosphere? They will miss their mark by many miles if Coriolis is not taken into account.

    What part of THAT do you not understand?
    We can address the atmosphere moving with the earth later, since it doesn't appear to impact the bullet... at least not as much as it does either plane, one of which is traveling a portion of the speed while the other is over double the bullet's speed.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52913
    11 Jun '16 15:49
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    We can address the atmosphere moving with the earth later, since it doesn't appear to impact the bullet... at least not as much as it does either plane, one of which is traveling a portion of the speed while the other is over double the bullet's speed.
    Conveniently skipping over the bit about ballistic missiles ABOVE the atmosphere. So how long do you intend to ignore that bit?
  11. Unknown Territories
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    11 Jun '16 16:00
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Conveniently skipping over the bit about ballistic missiles ABOVE the atmosphere. So how long do you intend to ignore that bit?
    Already said we could address the atmosphere at a later point, but what missiles are you imagining "above the atmosphere"?
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52913
    11 Jun '16 16:52
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Already said we could address the atmosphere at a later point, but what missiles are you imagining "above the atmosphere"?
    Ah, you mean YOU are in charge of this discussion. And all along I was operating under the false impression there was dialog going on here. Do you know of the Soyuz rockets re-supplying the ISS? You do know they also carry people back from ISS also, right?

    So when they come back, they have to take Coriolis into account since Earth is spinning underneath them.

    And any guided missile test that has ever been done has had to take that into account.

    Of course, you being an expert on all things ballistic, know otherwise, know more than 100 years of rocket science.

    So lets see your Phd papers on the lack of Coriolis effect. Let's have them since you are obviously an expert and MUST have written dozens of papers on the subject.
  13. Unknown Territories
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    11 Jun '16 17:14
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Ah, you mean YOU are in charge of this discussion. And all along I was operating under the false impression there was dialog going on here. Do you know of the Soyuz rockets re-supplying the ISS? You do know they also carry people back from ISS also, right?

    So when they come back, they have to take Coriolis into account since Earth is spinning underneath ...[text shortened]... ve them since you are obviously an expert and MUST have written dozens of papers on the subject.
    So the Soyuz rocket is one of the missiles to which you referred?
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52913
    11 Jun '16 19:07
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    So the Soyuz rocket is one of the missiles to which you referred?
    It does the same exact thing as a missile.
  15. Unknown Territories
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    11 Jun '16 19:12
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    It does the same exact thing as a missile.
    And you are aware, of course, that ISS is reportedly IN earth's atmosphere?
Back to Top