1. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Sep '14 17:101 edit
    Originally posted by redbadger
    there are things greater than your hatred of the English Zen Master,it is not cool to make heroes out of cheats. the badger is very grumpy now
    but i don't hate our English cousins I simply find them culturally vacuous because they have lost their Englishness, Maradonna is the greatest footballer we are likely to see in out lifetime, except for James MacFadden and as he pointed out England are not above bending the rules themselves.
  2. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    25 Sep '14 10:23
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    but i don't hate our English cousins I simply find them culturally vacuous because they have lost their Englishness, Maradonna is the greatest footballer we are likely to see in out lifetime, except for James MacFadden and as he pointed out England are not above bending the rules themselves.
    I am old enough to remember Pele & Best so I think your claim is your personal choice, as an Englishman born and bread in the north east I do not feel I have lost my Englishness.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Sep '14 10:404 edits
    I am old enough to remember Pele & Best so I think your claim is your personal choice, as an Englishman born and bread in the north east I do not feel I have lost my Englishness.
    Are you still bitter because Diego gave England a whuppin in the 1986 World cup? I cannot remember George or Pele although I have seen videos of them, I still think Diego is the most naturally gifted.

But to the philosophical question of has England lost its Englishness, what was it that made England great? was it not their mannerliness and their sense of fair play? has this not given way to a nation of lager louts and divers?

I remember cycling along Great western road in Glasgow near the Grosvner hotel and a mini bus full of Geordies on the same road opened their windows and they started to threaten me and spit on me, I knew at that point England had lost its Englishness.
  4. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    26 Sep '14 11:211 edit
    Are you still bitter because Diego gave England a whuppin in the 1986 World cup? I cannot remember George or Pele although I have seen videos of them, I still think Diego is the most naturally gifted.

But to the philosophical question of has England lost its Englishness, what was it that made England great? was it not their mannerliness and their ...[text shortened]... ey started to threaten me and spit on me, I knew at that point England had lost its Englishness.
    come on Robbie everyone knows a Scotsman is a Geordie WITH HIS HEAD KICKED IN.on a more serious football note why did the Scotland V England games get banned...because the Scots got drunk and wrecked everything littering Trafalgar square with cans and haggis wrappers eating the pigeons destroying rail carriages leaving carnage behind them God knows How things would have been if they had lost.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Sep '14 11:47
    come on Robbie everyone knows a Scotsman is a Geordie WITH HIS HEAD KICKED IN.on a more serious football note why did the Scotland V England games get banned...because the Scots got drunk and wrecked everything littering Trafalgar square with cans and haggis wrappers eating the pigeons destroying rail carriages leaving carnage behind them God knows How things would have been if they had lost.
    I don't know why they got banned, probably cause you couldn't handle our humanity, we came down there and were too friendly, you were not used to it and banned us cause we are too friendly, what else is there?
  6. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    26 Sep '14 11:54
    I don't know why they got banned, probably cause you couldn't handle our humanity, we came down there and were too friendly, you were not used to it and banned us cause we are too friendly, what else is there?
    I went to a rangers celtic match with my Bro 20 years back both supports were animals.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Sep '14 12:281 edit
    I went to a rangers celtic match with my Bro 20 years back both supports were animals.
    So did I , I have never been back since and I used to follow Celtic in Europe 😀
  8. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    26 Sep '14 12:33
    So did I , I have never been back since and I used to follow Celtic in Europe 😀
    so before JW you were catholic ?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Sep '14 13:092 edits
    so before JW you were catholic ?
    My father is Catholic, but I went to non denominational school, lets just say I had certain sympathies, after all, any religion that has pancake Tuesday cannot be all bad 😀
  10. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    26 Sep '14 13:14
    My father is Catholic, but I went to non denominational school, lets just say I had certain sympathies, after all, any religion that has pancake Tuesday cannot be all bad 😀
    it was pancake day everyday when I was a brat cheap as chips we even had them with gravy on.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Sep '14 14:071 edit
    it was pancake day everyday when I was a brat cheap as chips we even had them with gravy on.
    LOL, seriously, that son of yours is a pampered one! So is mines, they should be put on a pancake and gravy diet.
  12. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    26 Sep '14 14:36
    LOL, seriously, that son of yours is a pampered one! So is mines, they should be put on a pancake and gravy diet.
    yeah spalfy was spoilt compared to me but did have to endure the pancakes and fishcake and chips in the months before we holidayed so we ate cheaply so we could afford a weeks hols, as he got older he thought nothing of raiding the booze cabinet whilst we slept.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Sep '14 18:57
    YouTube
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Sep '14 18:57
    yeah spalfy was spoilt compared to me but did have to endure the pancakes and fishcake and chips in the months before we holidayed so we ate cheaply so we could afford a weeks hols, as he got older he thought nothing of raiding the booze cabinet whilst we slept.
    aye you would have done it yourself Badger!
  15. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    30 Sep '14 12:43
    aye you would have done it yourself Badger!
    true Zen Master I raided my dads stash as often as I could.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree