1. Green Boots Cave
    Moves
    24 Jan '14 18:53
    They have banned Marmite!!!!
    Not only that - Irn Bru as well.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/marmite-and-irnbru-supplies-seized-in-canada-after-they-fall-foul-of-food-additive-rules-9081234.html
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    24 Jan '14 18:59
    Originally posted by biffo konker
    They have banned Marmite!!!!
    Not only that - Irn Bru as well.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/marmite-and-irnbru-supplies-seized-in-canada-after-they-fall-foul-of-food-additive-rules-9081234.html
    Well as a non-crazy Canadian I tried to get there and was unable (must be some technical problem) but if it's true...GOOD. Horrible stuff the two of them.
  3. Green Boots Cave
    Moves
    24 Jan '14 19:17
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Well as a non-crazy Canadian I tried to get there and was unable (must be some technical problem) but if it's true...GOOD. Horrible stuff the two of them.
    Lovely stuff,Marmite.Puts hairs on your chest.

Maybe the government has censored the link so that the people don't take to the streets in protest!
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    24 Jan '14 19:24

Maybe the government has censored the link so that the people don't take to the streets in protest!
    As it turned out it was but a temporary issue although I was unable to find any mention of those two foul products therein. As for Marmite putting hair on ones chest that is the last thing I need thank you very much. Now had you said that it worked wonders at the removal of said hair I might have bought some and slathered on my chest.
  5. Green Boots Cave
    Moves
    24 Jan '14 19:35
    As it turned out it was but a temporary issue although I was unable to find any mention of those two foul products therein. As for Marmite putting hair on ones chest that is the last thing I need thank you very much. Now had you said that it worked wonders at the removal of said hair I might have bought some and slathered on my chest.
    It looks like it's called Marmart in Canada.

If I had said it removes chest hair you could not have bought any because it has been banned!
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    24 Jan '14 19:39

If I had said it removes chest hair you could not have bought any because it has been banned!
    I will only worry when they say that they'll (the powers that be) ban single malt scotch and haggis. Then I'll lead a protest march on Parliament Hill.
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    25 Jan '14 00:21
    We need to put a warning out for Scottish people not to view this thread.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Jan '14 00:28

Sure, but only for women!
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    25 Jan '14 01:29

British Marmite (lovely) is called My Mate in New Zealand. The Marmite name is used by a disgusting impersonator!!
  10. Green Boots Cave
    Moves
    25 Jan '14 15:07
    I will only worry when they say that they'll (the powers that be) ban single malt scotch and haggis. Then I'll lead a protest march on Parliament Hill.
    Can you buy haggis from Scotland? It's banned in the US.
  11. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    25 Jan '14 15:20
    And they accuse us Brits of living in a nanny state devoid of personal freedom's and a sense self determination.

I'm having haggis today, always have one late january to celebrate 'Rabbies' birthday, mind you I have the sliced version most sunday's with me breakfast. why in the name of sanity would you ban Marmite n Irn Bru?
  12. Green Boots Cave
    Moves
    25 Jan '14 15:31
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    British Marmite (lovely) is called My Mate in New Zealand. The Marmite name is used by a disgusting impersonator!!
    Just looked it up on Wiki.They put sugar in it!!!

The Wiki page is quite interesting - I did not know about the 2012/3 Great New Zealand Marmite shortage - Marmageddon! (the NZ Marmite company is owned by Seventh-day Adventist church)
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    25 Jan '14 17:20
    I thought this thread would be about Justin Bieber.
  14. old pueblo
    Moves
    25 Jan '14 17:25
    Originally posted by JS357
    I thought this thread would be about Justin Bieber.
    We need a code for Insert Gagging Sound. Maybe I'll take it to Site Ideas.
  15. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    25 Jan '14 20:07
    Say what? Seriously?? Is there any reasoning behind that?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree