General Forum

General Forum

1. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jul '13 09:001 edit
    I am convinced that serving tea is quite ceremonial, at least in some cultures. Here in Glasgow we have what are termed tea rooms, some designed by world famous designers such as Charles Rennie Mackintosh, with high backed chairs and breathtaking interior design, anyway, tea comes in many manifestations, Turkish tea, thick, black and very sweet served in small cups the size of whiskey shot glasses, Indian tea, served with cinnamon and cardamom, generally made with milk instead of water, sweet and fragrant, Chinese green tea, the ultimate minimalist choice or the refined afternoon high tea of Devon, served with scones, clotted cream and some berried jam,

how do you take your tea,
  2. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    30 Jul '13 09:481 edit
    Earl Grey black tea with milk.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jul '13 15:551 edit
    Originally posted by lolof
    ahhh yes, fragrant and tasteful! There is Lady Grey too I believe. I love tea after a particularly hot curry, the tea brings to the fore the spices once again.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jul '13 15:59
    I am always thankful for an anonymous thumbs down, if proves that haters really are gonna hate regardless, as if it needed proving, therefore anonymous hater, I sup my Ceylon afternoon tea to your health!
  5. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    30 Jul '13 16:092 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I am always thankful for an anonymous thumbs down, if proves that haters really are gonna hate regardless, as if it needed proving, therefore anonymous hater, I sup my Ceylon afternoon tea to your health!
    Sad to see a thumbs down for such a nice and innocent thread. I really should try having tea in different ways than just one, such as those you suggested.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Jul '13 16:13
    Sad to see a thumbs down for such a nice and innocent thread. I really should try having tea in different ways than just one, such as those you suggested.
    Hi, lolof, black and steaming hot works for me.
  7. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    30 Jul '13 16:16
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Do you mean 'black tea' or tea without milk - I don't know how to order tea 🙂
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Jul '13 16:171 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Ceylon or Constant comment and for regular black tea, Red Rose brand with 2 tea bags and 3 teaspoons of sugar. MUCH better that that garbage from Lipton.
  9. England
    Moves
    30 Jul '13 16:33
    Black, very sweet, weak, and with choc digestive
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Jul '13 16:401 edit

Do you mean 'black tea' or tea without milk - I don't know how to order tea 🙂
    ... 'without milk' or cream (ugh). Ordering tea from tea bags, request
    their package unopened. Do so yourself, when you're ready, then leisurely steep
    to your own liking of strength. Return the water if it's the least bit tepid.
  11. Joined
    22 Dec '11
    Moves
    30 Jul '13 16:57
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    ahhh yes, fragrant and tasteful! There is Lady Grey too I believe. I love tea after a particularly hot curry, the tea brings to the fore the spices once again.
    Perfect companion to a Fish Supper as well, (that's breakfast tea with or without milk, not a Curry).

'Red Bush' is a nice naturally decaf option.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jul '13 17:25
    People in Serbia and in Balkan generally drink tea only when they are sick.
    They are basically two kinds of tea - against diarrhea and against nervosity (and sinsomnia).
    I ussally go to English tea shops to take flu- and sughing powder dissolved in a nice cup of tea.

😉
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Jul '13 18:01
    This is my choice as well.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Jul '13 18:02
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Ceylon or Constant comment and for regular black tea, Red Rose brand with 2 tea bags and 3 teaspoons of sugar. MUCH better that that garbage from Lipton.
    Red Rose tea bags are awesome, when I can find it here in the southwest, I make 'sun tea' from it.
  15. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    30 Jul '13 18:27
    c\_/