1. Standard memberempovsun
    Adepto 'er perfectu
    Moves
    31 Jul '13 15:01
    Originally posted by lolof
    Sad to see a thumbs down for such a nice and innocent thread. I really should try having tea in different ways than just one, such as those you suggested.
    indeed, as it is rather childish behavior

i love green teas, earl grey, and white teas
    with a bit of honey and a bit of milk. no sugar 🙂

anyone ever try bubble tea? thank you vietnamese peoples for this tasty, frozen delight!
  2. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 08:35
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yes, there are scores of ways, my wife makes it entirely with milk, kind of boils the tea in the milk.
    I saw a travelogue programme on differing ways of taking tea and one popular method was making it in a big cauldron / oil drum and it was boiled up with lots of condensed milk, it looked yummy, I think it was India but I could be wrong.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 08:50
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    I saw a travelogue programme on differing ways of taking tea and one popular method was making it in a big cauldron / oil drum and it was boiled up with lots of condensed milk, it looked yummy, I think it was India but I could be wrong.
    yup sounds like India, they do all sorts of things with old oil drums, from cooking samosas to making tea!
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 08:51
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Pinkie out.
    Lol, there is definitely something rather refined about the process me thinks old boy! pip pip! 🙂
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 18:09
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Do you get Twinnings in America? They have some delightful teas.
    Who?

Do you mean Twinings?
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 18:14
    Originally posted by MontyMoose
    Well here in Texas, US when you order tea, you get iced tea with a straw! Yes, I will do the walk of shame while you throw teabags at me. 😳
    Yes, in Arizona if you do not specify, that is what they bring you here, too.

You would have to specify "hot tea" to get a teabag and hot water. And then they ask "lemon?" It's like pulling teeth to get them to bring you a little milk for your tea, that's why I usually have my tea at home.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree