1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 08:27
    Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
    This saying is for people who won't back up their words with action. For people who will, the words can have the same power as an action.
    Indeed sir.

Old Rusty, locked in as he is to taking everything literally, hears the expression 'the pen is mightier than the sword' and can't get beyond the image of two people standing in a room, one armed with a broadsword and the other with a Biro.

Communication is more powerful than violence. It is about time, as a species, we learned this lesson.
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 09:48
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Well I assumed that ... but within a word?

Just checked ... we cannot discuss Scu nthorpe on this site!
    Filters which fail on this are mater-copulating worthless. People who employ them are self-pleasurers and the ends of virgules, with their heads auto-defecatorily positioned.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 13:121 edit
    Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
    This saying is for people who won't back up their words with action. For people who will, the words can have the same power as an action.
    Words are still just word UNLESS backed up with action. 😉

By themselves in my opinion words mean nothing. You can tell me you are going to beat the crap out of me, those are only words and I would laugh at you for being so silly.

-VR
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 13:151 edit
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Indeed sir.

Old Rusty, locked in as he is to taking everything literally, hears the expression 'the pen is mightier than the sword' and can't get beyond the image of two people standing in a room, one armed with a broadsword and the other with a Biro.

Communication is more powerful than violence. It is about time, as a species, we learned this lesson.
    I see you are still trying to squirm your way out of saying the Pen is Mightier than the sword.

Ever think you just might be wrong, also not quoting who actually said that was using someone else's quote.

The actual statement of saying that the Pen is mightier than the sword is just plain silly.

-VR
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 13:50
    Damn.😠😲😉
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 13:52
    Originally posted by @great-big-stees
    Damn.😠😲😉
    It is rare that I curse unless you want to count Hell as cursing. 😉 😛

-VR
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 14:401 edit
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    I see you are still trying to squirm your way out of saying the Pen is Mightier than the sword.

Ever think you just might be wrong, also not quoting who actually said that was using someone else's quote.

The actual statement of saying that the Pen is mightier than the sword is just plain silly.

-VR
    The pen is mightier than the sword is more than a quote, it is an expression that has found its way into everyday language. Think of Shakespeare and the hundreds of quotes that have found their way into common usage, such as 'wild goose chase,' 'pure as the driven snow,' 'you've got to be cruel to be kind.' - When people repeat these words, do you really expect them to conclude with, 'as said by William Shakespeare?'

What you did is quite different. You cut and paste a large amount of text and didn't make clear it wasn't your own work. That is just poor show in an internet forum.

And again, 'communication' is more effective than 'violence.' The only silly thing about the 'pen being mightier than the sword' is your apparent inability to understand it.
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 14:41
    Originally posted by @shallow-blue
    Filters which fail on this are mater-copulating worthless. People who employ them are self-pleasurers and the ends of virgules, with their heads auto-defecatorily positioned.
    Filth.
    Go wash your mouth out with soap and water!
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 14:502 edits
    'What you did is quite different. You cut and paste a large amount of text and didn't make clear it wasn't your own work. That is just poor show in an internet forum.
    It was quite obvious I didn't type the piece which everyone would know by the punctuation used. Also it was on most news sites, people did have access to it if they looked!!!
    Andy did!!! 😛 😉

THE END
    -VR
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 15:00
    It was quite obvious I didn't type the piece which everyone would know by the punctuation used. Also it was on most news sites, people did have access to it if they looked!!!
    Andy did!!! 😛 😉

THE END
    -VR
    Talking to you sir is like communicating with Jello.
  11. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 16:01
    Andy did!!! 😛 😉

THE END
    -VR
    Yes, it was obvious you didn't compose the statement.

But aside from authorship, an important reason for citing the source of a quoted post is to check for accuracy and reliability.

There are many spurious "news" sites out there spreading misinformation.
  12. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 20:58
    Words are still just word UNLESS backed up with action. 😉

By themselves in my opinion words mean nothing. You can tell me you are going to beat the crap out of me, those are only words and I would laugh at you for being so silly.

-VR
    As well you should, since it would be idiotic of me to threaten to beat people up over the internet.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    23 Mar '18 03:24
    The pen is mightier than the sword is more than a quote, it is ...
    The only silly thing about the 'pen being mightier than the sword'
    is your apparent inability to understand it.
    I'm sorry I could only give this one thumb.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Mar '18 21:38
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    I'm sorry I could only give this one thumb.
    I could give you a middle finger but that wouldn't be kind! 😛 😉

-VR
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Mar '18 21:39
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    Yes, it was obvious you didn't compose the statement.

But aside from authorship, an important reason for citing the source of a quoted post is to check for accuracy and reliability.

There are many spurious "news" sites out there spreading misinformation.
    Andy,

I see so you think the quote I pasted was false information? Why not just say so if that was the case! 😛 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree