1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Mar '18 21:24
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    That fails on so many levels. Where to start?

😞
    You could start on explaining how you think The pen is mightier than the sword? (By all accounts).

You use words, and I'll use a sword lets see who wins that battle. 😉

-VR
  2. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    21 Mar '18 21:29
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    You could start on explaining how you think The pen is mightier than the sword? (By all accounts).

You use words, and I'll use a sword lets see who wins that battle. 😉

-VR
    you verbally dueling with the 3 time winner of the prose competition is like a mouse trying to eat a tiger
  3. The World
    Moves
    21 Mar '18 21:321 edit
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Words are just words. Or are they?
    To me it is how words are said that are key. The same sentence can have different meaning based on emphasis, body language, situation etc.

A conversation held on a building site, or in a lawyers chambers would have utterly different meaning.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Mar '18 21:401 edit
    Originally posted by @lemondrop
    you verbally dueling with the 3 time winner of the prose competition is like a mouse trying to eat a tiger
    NO, wrong again Gertrude. Saying the pen is mightier than the sword is like comparing a mouse trying to eat a tiger! 😛 😉 That is just plain stupid!!!

-VR
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Mar '18 21:44
    Originally posted by @paul-a-roberts
    To me it is how words are said that are key. The same sentence can have different meaning based on emphasis, body language, situation etc.

A conversation held on a building site, or in a lawyers chambers would have utterly different meaning.
    Unfortunately body language, situation, etc., etc., can not be seen in words.

-VR
  6. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Mar '18 21:46
    NO, wrong again Gertrude. Saying the pen is mightier than the sword is like comparing a mouse trying to eat a tiger! 😛 😉 That is just plain stupid!!!

-VR
    "The pen is mightier than the sword" was first written by novelist and playwright Edward Bulwer-Lytton in 1839.

Take it up with him.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Mar '18 21:531 edit
    "The pen is mightier than the sword" was first written by novelist and playwright Edward Bulwer-Lytton in 1839.

Take it up with him.
    goad,

He didn't know what the hell he was talking about, too bad I can't tell him personally. Too bad I couldn't tell you personally, but at least you can see this he can not. Man probably never saw a sword if he thought the Pen was mightier! 😉

OH and when you are quoting someone else apparently you are suppose to give them credit when doing so, not after the fact. 😛 😉

-VR
  8. The World
    Moves
    21 Mar '18 21:54

Take it up with him.
    Would the modern version be, "the internet is mightier than the tank"?
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Mar '18 21:59
    Originally posted by @paul-a-roberts
    Would the modern version be, "the internet is mightier than the tank"?
    Probably so and he would still be wrong! 😉

-VR
  10. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Mar '18 22:00
    goad,

He didn't know what the hell he was talking about, too bad I can't tell him personally. Too bad I couldn't tell you personally, but at least you can see this he can not. Man probably never saw a sword if he thought the Pen was mightier! 😉

-VR
    Why not have a genuine attempt to decipher his meaning? It might just alter you on a profound level. (Reflect perhaps on what has changed the world more, the written word or the bullet? )

Report back to us tomorrow.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Mar '18 22:021 edit
    Why not have a genuine attempt to decipher his meaning? It might just alter you on a profound level. (Reflect perhaps on what has changed the world more, the written word or the bullet? )

Report back to us tomorrow.
    I'll reply to you now...The pen is not mightier than the sword, the word does not hurt more than a bullet. The President of the United States should not be tweeting sillyness at 3:00 a.m. he should be sleeping unless something major is happening.

Trumpster has made himself look bad on more than one occasion with words!!!

-VR
  12. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Mar '18 22:05

OH and when you are quoting someone else apparently you are suppose to give them credit when doing so, not after the fact. 😛 😉

-VR[/b]
    It is an 'extremely' famous quote that I thought every man and his dog was aware of, and I indicated so with the words 'By all accounts'.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Mar '18 22:08
    It is an 'extremely' famous quote that I thought every man and his dog was aware of, and I indicated so with the words 'By all accounts'.
    You still didn't say the source so don't try and weasel your way out of it. Andy nailed me and I nailed you, nothing either of us can do about it now. 😛 😉

I also thought my quote was quite obvious to every man and his dog, apparently not to Andy! 😉

-VR
  14. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Mar '18 22:13
    You still didn't say the source so don't try and weasel your way out of it. Andy nailed me and I nailed you, nothing either of us can do about it now. 😛 😉

I also thought my quote was quite obvious to every man and his dog, apparently not to Andy! 😉

-VR
    My source was 'my memory' (due to it being a quote/expression only you on the entire planet apparently hadn't come across).
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Mar '18 22:25
    The pen is mightier than the sword. (By all accounts).
    Ay bro!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree