Did you know?

Did you know?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
09 Feb 23

@divegeester said
“Was”? You lost it!

How did the fretful team meeting go?
Genuine question. Why do you pounce on anything related to a poster's real life, even if those comments weren't directed at you?

ENGLAND

Moves
11 Feb 23
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Genuine question. Why do you pounce on anything related to a poster's real life, even if those comments weren't directed at you?
Because my “fingerprints are all over it..”

Remember that lie?
I won’t forget.

ENGLAND

Moves
11 Feb 23
2 edits

@ghost-of-a-duke said
But here’s the thing Ghosty; if you’re the “manager” of these people and your team meetings are “dreaded” then the problem lies with you, not them.

However if you don’t “manage” them directly I.e. they don’t report to you as their boss, then all you are is a workload triage clerk who gets feedback for being at the team meeting for being crap at his job.

Yes, I can see why my observation needles you.

Moves
11 Feb 23

@divegeester said
But here’s the thing Ghosty; if you’re the “manager” of these people and your team meetings are “dreaded” then the problem lies with you, not them.

However if you don’t “manage” them directly I.e. they don’t report to you as their boss, then all you are is a workload triage clerk who gets feedback for being a bit crap at the team meeting.

Yes, I can see why my observation needles you.
I don't like team meetings. Pretty sure I am not alone in this. Shall we run a poll?

ENGLAND

Moves
11 Feb 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I don't like team meetings. Pretty sure I am not alone in this. Shall we run a poll?
Sure, if it helps you get over this little curtain flap.

ENGLAND

Moves
11 Feb 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I don't like team meetings.
I’ve been a multilevel manager of people (and I mean “manager” in the sense that people report to and rely on me) for decades, and find team meetings to be an excellent collaborative tool, creative, inspiring and essential for driving meaningful forward momentum.

Moves
11 Feb 23

@divegeester said
I’ve been a multilevel manager of people (and I mean “manager” in the sense that people report to and rely on me) for decades, and find team meetings to be an excellent collaborative tool, creative, inspiring and essential for driving meaningful forward momentum.
I find 1-1's more effective.

ENGLAND

Moves
11 Feb 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I find 1-1's more effective.
All weak managers and poor leaders do.

Moves
11 Feb 23

@divegeester said
All weak managers and poor leaders do.
Weird reply. Will come back to this later.

ENGLAND

Moves
11 Feb 23
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Weird reply. Will come back to this later.
Sure, I’ll put some time in for a 1-1.

Have a great weekend 👍🏼

Moves
11 Feb 23

@divegeester said
I’ve been a multilevel manager of people (and I mean “manager” in the sense that people report to and rely on me) for decades
Am I meant to accept that at face value when your own response to personal information is to try and weaponize it?

Pretty sure you once told me you were a salesman. That doesn't seem to fit with what you are now claiming. I've always imagined you going door to door trying to flog encyclopedias.

F

Moves
11 Feb 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Pretty sure you once told me you were a salesman. That doesn't seem to fit with what you are now claiming. I've always imagined you going door to door trying to flog encyclopedias.
Ouch. For a moment there I thought you were suggesting you oppose trying to "weaponize personal information".

Moves
11 Feb 23

@fmf said
Ouch. For a moment there I thought you were suggesting you oppose trying to "weaponize personal information".
Be honest, has Dive ever tried to flog you an encyclopedia?

F

Moves
11 Feb 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Be honest, has Dive ever tried to flog you an encyclopedia?
I thought you were against trying to "weaponize personal information". You've known full well what his corporate position has been for decades and now here you are riffing on "encyclopedias"?

Moves
11 Feb 23

@fmf said
I thought you were against trying to "weaponize personal information". You've known full well what his corporate position has been for decades and now here you are riffing on "encyclopedias"?
*Woosh