Did you know?

Did you know?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
11 Feb 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
*Woosh
Not at all. What you are attempting to do is entirely transparent.

Moves
11 Feb 23

@fmf said
Not at all. What you are attempting to do is entirely transparent.
In fairness, I am a ghost.

ENGLAND

Moves
11 Feb 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Am I meant to accept that at face value when your own response to personal information is to try and weaponize it?
You can do with it whatever you want old chap.

Moves
11 Feb 23

@divegeester said
You can do with it whatever you want old chap.
Why did you edit out the following:

Pretty sure you once told me you were a salesman. That doesn't seem to fit with what you are now claiming. I've always imagined you going door to door trying to flog encyclopedias.

F

Moves
11 Feb 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said

Pretty sure you once told me you were a salesman. That doesn't seem to fit with what you are now claiming. I've always imagined you going door to door trying to flog encyclopedias.
What's more interesting is, why are you repeating it by reposting it like this.

Moves
11 Feb 23

@fmf said
What's more interesting is, why are you repeating it by reposting it like this.
Sorry, is it only Dive who is allowed to discredit what someone does for a living?

ENGLAND

Moves
11 Feb 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said

Same reason I edit most posts I respond to, to tease out the text I’m replying to and ensure that respondent is clear about what I’m referring to. Which in this case was me dismissing your silly rhetorical question asking “what you are meant to do with [my previous comment]” by writing a reply which explicitly explained my lack of interest, your freedom to choose and a my latent inference to perhaps shove it.

Hope that helps 🙂

Moves
11 Feb 23

@divegeester said
Same reason I edit most posts I respond to, to tease out the text I’m replying to and ensure that respondent is clear about what I’m referring to. Which in this case was me dismissing your silly rhetorical question asking “what you are meant to do with [my previous comment]” by writing a reply which explicitly explained my lack of interest, your freedom to choose and a my latent inference to perhaps shove it.

Hope that helps 🙂
And not to dodge the uncomfortable?

F

Moves
11 Feb 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Sorry, is it only Dive who is allowed to discredit what someone does for a living?
What divegeester and I remember you saying about the job you were doing in 2018 is based on what you told us at that time. If that job description "discredits" you, then that is a matter for you. If you have been promoted in some way in the meantime, then good for you.

F

Moves
11 Feb 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You imagine that forum banter about him "going door to door trying to flog encyclopedias" makes him "uncomfortable"?

ENGLAND

Moves
11 Feb 23
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I’m not discrediting what you do for a living, not at all. I’m discrediting your assertions about what you claim to do, in particular the level of authority you hold.

I am sufficiently experienced in people management to know that when someone talks about the regular team meetings being “dreaded” that they are not line manager of that group.

ENGLAND

Moves
11 Feb 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
The uncomfortable what…Your silly comment about door to door selling of books?

Moves
11 Feb 23
1 edit

@fmf said
What divegeester and I remember you saying about the job you were doing in 2018 is based on what you told us at that time. If that job description "discredits" you, then that is a matter for you. If you have been promoted in some way in the meantime, then good for you.
Same job I'm doing now. Still work in the community, not a hospital or clinic. No promotion or alien abduction.

Edit:
And no need to rely on your memory. It's right there in Dive's vault.

F

Moves
11 Feb 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Same job I'm doing now. Still work in the community, not a hospital or clinic. No promotion or alien abduction.
So you keep saying. But, I for one do not think the job description you gave in 2018 "discredits" you.

Moves
11 Feb 23

@fmf said
So you keep saying. But, I for one do not think the job description you gave in 2018 "discredits" you.
Cool.