1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 Jun '23 02:18
    @divegeester said
    Other people have called you out for your lies about yourself.

Try lying better, see how it goes.
    Mchill had some words of wisdom for you that you'd do well to think hard about.

I’ve been doing my research and watching a few things carefully and I’m ready to show my hand on something a few here might be interested in.

If I may humbly suggest, maybe should allow Russ and the administrators of this site do the research and watch these things carefully, while you (and a few others here who will go unnamed) should start focusing on improving your chess skills and winning tournaments. I would be ashamed to be on this site for over a decade with a skill level little more than that of a beginner. What about you? Aren't you tired of simply moving pieces on a chessboard with little thought as to the outcome, losing games you could have won, if only you had spent some time and effort on them? Why don't you - just as an experiment- take 1 year off of your back-alley philosophy and wistful posts on the meaning of life, grab a tactics book, start some serious study, take your tournament games more seriously, and start winning.

You might just find that you like it! 😲
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '23 02:291 edit
    @divegeester said
    This is the thread for insights; post yours here.
    Did you know that, technically speaking, as instructed by the U.S. military command in the Pacific, the British "occupied" Indonesia after the Japanese surrender in 1945 until the pre-war rulers, the Dutch, were able to get their war-torn act together and return to their colony in early 1946 and so resume their rule over the archipelago. So much for the war having been fought for the right for Asian self-determination!
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '23 07:101 edit
    When homosexuality was classified as an illness in Sweden, Swedes used to call in sick saying they felt gay.
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    04 Jun '23 11:24
    @very-rusty said
    Mchill had some words of wisdom for you that you'd do well to think hard about.

I’ve been doing my research and watching a few things carefully and I’m ready to show my hand on something a few here might be interested in.

If I may humbly suggest, maybe should allow Russ and the administrators of this site do the research and watch these things carefully, while you ...[text shortened]... your tournament games more seriously, and start winning.

You might just find that you like it! 😲
    I think I may fall into the “unnamed” as I’m in my 19th year here and as can easily be seen, in spite of all those years, my chess skill set has, if anything, gone in the opposite direction one would expect. Does it concern me that I win or improve? Not on your life. I enjoy “playing at chess” but more importantly, for me, it’s the friendships and banter that keeps me here.👍😁
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jun '23 11:281 edit
    @great-big-stees said
    I think I may fall into the “unnamed” as I’m in my 19th year here and as can easily be seen, in spite of all those years, my chess skill set has, if anything, gone in the opposite direction one would expect. Does it concern me that I win or improve? Not on your life. I enjoy “playing at chess” but more importantly, for me, it’s the friendships and banter that keeps me here.👍😁
    Very Rusty’s chess game has gone the same way, but that doesn’t seem to deter him from continually making a fool of himself as he tries to score cheap points about chess ratings.

Well said btw.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree