1. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    08 Aug '18 22:00
    Originally posted by @harrykane140693
    and do you try to find out these meanings.
    do you play chess or just dream of chess?
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    08 Aug '18 23:52
    Originally posted by @whodey
    I've often dream about people I have not seen in a very long time, and then I meet them again soon afterwards.

Very odd.
    That your dream effects future events is very odd indeed.

Do you have any other super powers?
  3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Aug '18 07:171 edit
    Originally posted by @whodey
    I call it more of an annoyance.

It just weirds me out. 😲
    I recall an account on the radio of a man who had popped out for lunch and was passing a public telephone box, when it started ringing. He decided to answer it and was greatly surprised that it was his secretary on the line who casually began speaking to him as though she had expected him to pick up. - Turned out that his secretary had intended to ring him on his mobile but had inadvertently dialed some random reference number, which just happened to be the number of the public phone box he was walking past at the time.

Coincidences happen.
  4. Gothenburg
    Moves
    09 Aug '18 08:141 edit
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    I don't think, myself, there is much (if any) meaning in dreams. I think they are just the brain's way of clearing out unnecessary data, which explains why they are often random and why we usually forgot them shortly after waking. - That said, things or worries we have been preoccupied with during the day can make their way into our dreams, but that's the extent of it.
    I too believe it's a clearing process but I also believe it may serve more than one purpose. My theory is there is a rational self and an emotional self. Our rational self is easier to understand than the emotional self - we have a much more complex emotional life than we know and in our dreams, I think our emotions - good and bad sides of ourselves - are more evident with some help.
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    09 Aug '18 09:55
    It's not so much what a dream is in itself, as what one is prepared to interpret into it.
  6. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    09 Aug '18 12:21
    Originally posted by @harrykane140693
    and do you try to find out these meanings.
    No
  7. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    11 Sep '18 07:05
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    It's not so much what a dream is in itself, as what one is prepared to interpret into it.
    One can only remember dreaming that is fitting to ones personality (open or hidden). Hopefully interpretation is out of it not into it. That would be suggestion or manipulation, don't you think?
  8. Gothenburg
    Moves
    11 Sep '18 07:192 edits
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    One can only remember dreaming that is fitting to ones personality (open or hidden). Hopefully interpretation is out of it not into it. That would be suggestion or manipulation, don't you think?
    It's the hidden part of our personality, of course, that we try to find out more about.
  9. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    11 Sep '18 08:21
    Originally posted by @torunn
    It's the hidden part of our personality, of course, that we try to find out more about.
    The wonderful world of the human psyche ~ such fun to explore.
  10. Gothenburg
    Moves
    11 Sep '18 08:36
    Originally posted by @drewnogal
    The wonderful world of the human psyche ~ such fun to explore.
    So True, no matter how rational we think we are, there are other sides of ourselves that we sometimes deny.
  11. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    11 Sep '18 09:53
    So True, no matter how rational we think we are, there are other sides of ourselves that we sometimes deny.
    Ah yes ... the fascination with oneself never dies. πŸ€”
  12. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    15 Sep '18 09:24
    ..and which still domiatem our decisions (which we can explain of course quite rationally )
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Sep '18 09:32
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    I dreamt I was a sock puppet once.
    yeah that's how the rest of the world sees u.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Sep '18 09:37
    On a serious note I did dream a winner in a horse race about a month back, told the missus named the gee gee, first race there it was put all I could put together on it about£75 nicker it just got up on the line 4-1 BOOM get in.
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Sep '18 10:40
    Originally posted by @badradger
    yeah that's how the rest of the world sees u.
    How does the world see you? Oh that's right you don't really care! πŸ˜›

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree