1. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Feb '23 09:16
    @fmf said
    I imagine that 5 or 6 of them were given by the person who used to post as @executionerbrand. He created new accounts under the names @cinder23, @reservation247, @pompas, @smokiethebear and @windy ~ and probably several others ~ in 2022 alone. He's currently lurking as @lonestranger with his 'one game in progress' and probably has half a dozen other thumbing accounts. That is just one example.
    Again, a post that gets several green thumbs will appear on the Recommended post page and will reach a wider audience, often attracting additional thumbs.

It's not rocket science.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '23 10:00
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Again, a post that gets several green thumbs will appear on the Recommended post page and will reach a wider audience, often attracting additional thumbs.

It's not rocket science.
    Nor is it "rocket science" to realize that there are posters here who have multiple accounts for thumbing purposes like Executioner Brand and that Stella who was using upwards of 6 accounts to cause a storm of thumbs at the time Duchess64 self-destructed.
  3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Feb '23 13:12
    @fmf said
    Nor is it "rocket science" to realize that there are posters here who have multiple accounts for thumbing purposes like Executioner Brand and that Stella who was using upwards of 6 accounts to cause a storm of thumbs at the time Duchess64 self-destructed.
    Sure, but far less impactful than the Recommended Posts page which is always active.
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    02 Feb '23 13:211 edit
    @fmf said
    That’s not a problem with the thumbs feature, that’s simply a violation of TOS.

Removing the thumbs feature just because one or two posters abuse it is silly and unfairly penalizes the rest of the posters here who don’t abuse it. That’s like cities which remove park benches to keep bums from sleeping on them, thereby depriving the rest of the population of a place to sit. Pfui !
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Feb '23 13:30
    @moonbus said

Removing the thumbs feature just because one or two posters abuse it is silly and unfairly penalizes the rest of the posters here who don’t abuse it. That’s like cities which remove park benches to keep bums from sleeping on them, thereby depriving the rest of the population of a place to sit. Pfui !
    Before thumbs we had recs, same thing. As much as i find it funny there's really little point to them.
  6. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Feb '23 17:27
    @trev33 said
    Before thumbs we had recs, same thing. As much as i find it funny there's really little point to them.
    I don't think green thumbs help in one's transcendental journey into eternity, but you never know.
  7. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    02 Feb '23 17:35
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I don't think green thumbs help in one's transcendental journey into eternity, but you never know.
    Too many red thumbs means you will spend eternity reading through the 'Did you know' thread having to start at the beginning every time you reach the end.
    Like some poor benighted RHP Sisyphus.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '23 21:15
    @moonbus said

I think the anonymous thumbs feature should be jetisoned because it is infantile not because it is abused by an unknown number of posters.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    02 Feb '23 21:25
    @moonbus said

fmf & dive are complaining about the thumbs down because they get so many of them. Like I told the gooster, I'll say to fmf try being nice to people but it isn't going to happen over night. I don't think they've stopped to think they may very well be the cause of ALL THE RED THUMBS they get.

-VR
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    02 Feb '23 21:26
    @fmf said
    I think the anonymous thumbs feature should be jetisoned because it is infantile not because it is abused by an unknown number of posters.
    I gave you a red thumb for crying about the red thumbs. πŸ™‚

-VR
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    02 Feb '23 21:44
    @fmf said
    Still complaining about this ? I don’t complain that pubs serve Shirley Temples when I want Guinness.
  12. Standard memberEndLame
    πŸ‘Œ
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Feb '23 21:47
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Ironically it's the red thumbs that have that power πŸ€”
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    02 Feb '23 21:47
    @moonbus said
    Still complaining about this ? I don’t complain that pubs serve Shirley Temples when I want Guinness.
    I gave trev a red thumb and he gave me 1 finger, what ever that means, I believe it was a middle finger. πŸ™‚

-VR
  14. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    03 Feb '23 04:28
    Doing a K11: being too thin-skinned and reactive to put up with what other people might consider acceptable levels of personal abuse.
  15. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    03 Feb '23 04:29
    @very-rusty said
    I gave trev a red thumb and he gave me 1 finger, what ever that means, I believe it was a middle finger. πŸ™‚

-VR
    Maybe it was his pinkie and he was toasting you with tea?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree