1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Feb '16 11:12
    I stupidly had my notifications on FB sent to my personal email and now I have 19,000 of those, stopped that in FB but still have to get rid of all those emails. I know you can hit shift and such to get rid of one page but that is what, 10 or so at one time. Is there any way in Windows live mail to delete the whole bunch at once? All 19K? I tried hitting control A and that seemed to highlight all of them but when I hit delete, the only thing that happened was the CPU usage went to 100% for a long time and when it finished whatever that was, I still had 19K messages in my inbox. All that CPU time didn't seem to do jack.

Anyone know how to delete all the messages in my inbox?

I know I can just sign up for another email account but a lot of people have the present one and don't want to change right now.
  2. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    27 Feb '16 11:13
    Gasoline and matches work wonders.
  3. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    27 Feb '16 11:13
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I stupidly had my notifications on FB sent to my personal email and now I have 19,000 of those, stopped that in FB but still have to get rid of all those emails. I know you can hit shift and such to get rid of one page but that is what, 10 or so at one time. Is there any way in Windows live mail to delete the whole bunch at once? All 19K? I tried hitting co ...[text shortened]... other email account but a lot of people have the present one and don't want to change right now.
    Microsoft might do it for you if you ask nicely.
  4. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    27 Feb '16 11:173 edits
    Don't know if you can do this in Windows Live Mail but you could try setting up a rule to delete messages from Facebook and then apply it to messages already in your inbox.

Or you could set up IMAP mail for your account in a mail client, download the messages and select all/search and select and delete from within the client. That will delete them from the server, though you have to empty the bin to permanently delete them (which can also be done via the client).
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Feb '16 11:41
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    Don't know if you can do this in Windows Live Mail but you could try setting up a rule to delete messages from Facebook and then apply it to messages already in your inbox.

Or you could set up IMAP mail for your account in a mail client, download the messages and select all/search and select and delete from within the client. That will delete them ...[text shortened]... gh you have to empty the bin to permanently delete them (which can also be done via the client).
    I actually went to the phone line for my provider and they didn't know how other than the 10 at a time thing. I have an IMAP account.
  6. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    27 Feb '16 11:48
    I actually went to the phone line for my provider and they didn't know how other than the 10 at a time thing. I have an IMAP account.
    You mean your ISP? Microsoft own the mail servers, so I think they should be able to do it.
  7. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    27 Feb '16 12:251 edit
    I stupidly had my notifications on FB sent to my personal email and now I have 19,000 of those, stopped that in FB but still have to get rid of all those emails. I know you can hit shift and such to get rid of one page but that is what, 10 or so at one time. Is there any way in Windows live mail to delete the whole bunch at once? All 19K? I tried hitting co ...[text shortened]... other email account but a lot of people have the present one and don't want to change right now.
    I don't use 'windows live mail' but my email program is mozilla thunderbird, and I can go to a folder with several pages of old emails listed, and delete them all at one time. Once I get the page on screen, I click the 'edit' button at the very top left of the page, click on "select all", then click "delete". It might take a little while with that many.

Another way that works for me is to start at the top of the list and click or highlight the first item. Then scroll to the end of the list and hold down the shift key and click the last item. That should highlight everything in between and then if you click delete they again should go away.

If none of these work with 'live mail' then you may need to search for the answer online using a search engine.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '16 13:36
    Awesome.
  9. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    27 Feb '16 16:24
    If I remember correctly, Sonhouse is or was literally a rocket scientist!

😵
  10. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    27 Feb '16 16:33
    i want to do this too...
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Feb '16 21:201 edit
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    If I remember correctly, Sonhouse is or was literally a rocket scientist!

😵
    Not exactly. I was a technician at Goddard Space Flight Center all right, on Apollo tracking and timing, atomic clocks and the little transponder on the Apollo craft that said how far away the craft was. Not rocket science. Electronics and such, far cry from rocket science.

The closest we got to rocket science was when I was in HS, my buddy rich and I got hold of his dad's highly classified solid rocket fuel he dumbly brought home. (he WAS a rocket scientist) So in the garage, we discover the stuff. It was supposed to be stored in something like mineral oil or something to keep it from spontaneously cumbusting, very unstable stuff. So naturally, being 16 we had to cut off a slice with a razor blade about as thick as a potato chip and the size of a fingernail.

So naturally we had to light said rocket fuel🙂 Strangely enough, it caught fire and being like the shape of a bent fingernail it helicoptered itself up in the air rather quickly and into the wood shingle roofing tiles exposed in the garage.....

You never saw two boys climb into the rafters so fast. I was envisioning the house catching fire instantly but we got the little fire put out quickly. That ended our rocket science days🙂
  12. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    27 Feb '16 21:22
    Jesus, just do the Internet a favour and throw your pc into a volcano.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Feb '16 21:35
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Jesus, just do the Internet a favour and throw your pc into a volcano.
    only if you dive in after it😵
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Feb '16 21:36
    do you use an email client like Thunderbird or Outlook (is that the windows one i forget)
  15. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    27 Feb '16 23:56
    I know I can just sign up for another email account but a lot of people have the present one and don't want to change right now.
    I get far too much junk mail posted through my door. I could move house, but a lot of people know my present one and don't want to change right now.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree