1. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    03 Mar '16 17:47
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    You'd think someone who saves, would be given a little gift back?

BTW: Are you a spokes person for Crowley?

-VR
    I don't know Crowley other than reading a few of his recent posts. Why do you ask?
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    03 Mar '16 17:562 edits
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    I don't know Crowley other than reading a few of his recent posts. Why do you ask?
    The post was directed to him and you answered it. (Which is pefectly ok) I don't believe you are in the habit of doing so, though I could be proven wrong. Haven't played in the forums in awhile.
    Though since he claims to have a special app so he doesn't see my and Grampy Bobby's posts, you could be his spokes person.
    Hope that explains it well enough for you.
    Kind Regards,
    -VR
  3. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    03 Mar '16 18:01
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    The post was directed to him and you answered it. (Which is pefectly ok) I don't believe you are in the habit of doing so, though I could be proven wrong. Haven't played in the forums in awhile.
    Thought since he claims to have a special app so he doesn't see my and Grampy Bobby's posts, you could be his spokes person.
    Hope that explains it well enough for you.
    Kind Regards,
    -VR
    It's common practice in forums. The very idea of being someone's spokesperson on RHP seems like a new nadir in internet life.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    03 Mar '16 18:181 edit
    It's common practice in forums. The very idea of being someone's spokesperson on RHP seems like a new nadir in internet life.
    I am quite aware it is common practice sir, just haven't noticed you doing it is all. I don't have time right now to see how often you do it. I've been in forum debates long before you joined this site, my new internet friend.
    Kind Regards,
    -VR
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Mar '16 18:521 edit
    Don't know if you've solved your issue yet?

When you have selected the first 10 items, look at the right in the window(where you have preview of selected messages) and there it says " select all", mark this and then look at the top of the page for the trashcan...and click.

In case all 19.000 messages being deleted freez up your computer, i would wait for a while, because this is really a lot 😲 I assume this takes some time to process.

You can also do it in blocks or pages: select(no mark...) the first message on the page, scroll down for a while(or if the messages are divided in pages scroll down to the bottom ot the page), and click the last message while holding the " shift " key. All messages in between are selected, go back to the trashcan on top of the page....and click!

πŸ™‚ Good luck!
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Mar '16 18:531 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I stupidly had my notifications on FB sent to my personal email and now I have 19,000 of those, stopped that in FB but still have to get rid of all those emails. I know you can hit shift and such to get rid of one page but that is what, 10 or so at one time. Is there any way in Windows live mail to delete the whole bunch at once? All 19K? I tried hitting co ...[text shortened]... other email account but a lot of people have the present one and don't want to change right now.

When you have selected the first 10 items, look at the right in the window(where you have preview of selected messages) and there it says " select all", mark this and then look at the top of the page for the trashcan...and click.

In case all 19.000 messages being deleted freez up your computer, i would wait for a while, because this is really a lot 😲 I assume this takes some time to process.

You can also do it in blocks or pages: select(no mark...) the first message on the page, scroll down for a while(or if the messages are divided in pages scroll down to the bottom ot the page), and click the last message while holding the " shift " key. All messages in between are selected, go back to the trashcan on top of the page....and click!

πŸ™‚ Good luck!
  7. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    03 Mar '16 18:54
    Originally posted by eriron
    This last bit I would try. But it would probably be just as easy to phone Microsoft and get them to do it.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Mar '16 19:451 edit

In case all 19.000 messages being deleted freez up your computer, i would wait fo ...[text shortened]... between are selected, go back to the trashcan on top of the page....and click!

πŸ™‚ Good luck!
    That sound reasonable. I thought I saw at one time a select all but it eluded me. I'll look for that next time I'm in town. Long commute from New Zealand to New JerseyπŸ™‚

Not reallyπŸ™‚ Still 80 miles, 130 klicks. one way, NJ to the Pocono so-called mountains in Pa. (I am from California where we have real mountains) I might have to stay here tonight, they are calling for a half inch of snow.......
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Mar '16 12:35
    I went to some help sites and they gave help like highlighting the top post and hitting CNTL A which highlights the whole kit and kaboodle. When I tried to delete that mess, all it did was to make everything double, instead of 19K, now it was 38K.

I found another bunch talking about going into the control panel and finding the email program and finding a repair button which I did and it took quite a while but at least it went back to 19K. Nothing else has worked, including the tools window where there is a delete thing there but it went white out and the CPU cranked up to 100% for quite a while, supposedly wiping out all those stupid emails.

So after about 20 minutes the CPU wound down to reasonable numbers and lo and behold. Still 19K of frigging emails!

Now I'm thinking maybe I should delete the whole email program and re-install it.
  10. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    07 Mar '16 12:47
    If you have any friends with teenaged kids, borrow one of those kids and turn them loose on your problem. πŸ˜€
  11. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    07 Mar '16 12:50
    I went to some help sites and they gave help like highlighting the top post and hitting CNTL A which highlights the whole kit and kaboodle. When I tried to delete that mess, all it did was to make everything double, instead of 19K, now it was 38K.

I found another bunch talking about going into the control panel and finding the email program and finding ...[text shortened]... ng emails!

Now I'm thinking maybe I should delete the whole email program and re-install it.
    Since you have IMAP email, the email program when you reinstall it will simply download all the messages from the server again.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Mar '16 13:11
    Since you have IMAP email, the email program when you reinstall it will simply download all the messages from the server again.
    I was thinking that was the case.
  13. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    07 Mar '16 13:16
    I was thinking that was the case.
    The simplest and easiest solution, if you lack the skills to solve IT problems, is take it to the vendor (i.e. Microsoft in this case). They have an interest in you continuing to use their software and will probably fix your issue in five minutes for free.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Mar '16 14:31

I found another bunch talking about going into the control panel and finding the email program and finding ...[text shortened]... ng emails!

I suggest you take the advice of NoEarthlyReason and call Microsoft, saves a lot of time and effort for everybody πŸ™„ ...by now the issue would have been solved already

Or if you don't want to call, try this:
    Do it in blocks or pages: select(no mark...) the first message on the page, scroll down for a while(or if the messages are divided in pages scroll down to the bottom ot the page), and click the last message while holding the " shift " key. All messages in between are selected, go back to the trashcan on top of the page....and click!

This gives you control of how many messages you want to delete at once, and your computer won't freeze of processing all 19.000 at once.

Deleting the mail client won't help you.... πŸ˜‰
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Mar '16 16:08
    I suggest you take the advice of NoEarthlyReason and call Microsoft, saves a lot of time and effort for everybody πŸ™„ ...by now the issue would have been solved already

Or if you don't want to call, try this:
    Do it in blocks or pages: select(no mark...) the first message on the page, scroll down for a while(or if the messages are divided in pages scr ...[text shortened]... won't freeze of processing all 19.000 at once.

Deleting the mail client won't help you.... πŸ˜‰
    I can delete one page at a time, it's just that with 19K that would be, if 20 deletions per page, almost a thousand delete steps. That would be just a bit on the tedious side.....

None of the steps given in various microsoft forums helped at least so far, some were pretty detailed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree