1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 02:43
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I can delete one page at a time, it's just that with 19K that would be, if 20 deletions per page, almost a thousand delete steps. That would be just a bit on the tedious side.....

None of the steps given in various microsoft forums helped at least so far, some were pretty detailed.
    But did you also try it already???
    The number 20 is just your assumption, and it is much more then that...

I don't have enough mails in 1 of my mailboxes to test but i exceeded the number 20 easily, and since you have 19.000 i suggest you try this and see how many you can delete per page!
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 17:25
    Originally posted by eriron
    But did you also try it already???
    The number 20 is just your assumption, and it is much more then that...

I don't have enough mails in 1 of my mailboxes to test but i exceeded the number 20 easily, and since you have 19.000 i suggest you try this and see how many you can delete per page!
    I did, I seem to get more than 50 and it poops out, might be a program fault.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 18:05
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    The simplest and easiest solution, if you lack the skills to solve IT problems, is take it to the vendor (i.e. Microsoft in this case). They have an interest in you continuing to use their software and will probably fix your issue in five minutes for free.
    I am trying to get MS but they don't want to talk to home users, go online they say and I don't see any help for live mail other than the forums there and there are of course a few thousand posts there and so I am trying to post there but first you need to establish an account which it seems I did but now they are sending me a email so I prove I am a human. All this shyte sucks. Best buy geek squad won't give out ANY freebies.
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 20:551 edit
    I hate to say this, but if you'd deleted just a few pages every time you thought about it you'd now be well on the way to the point where your computer could handle a "delete all".
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Mar '16 11:53
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I hate to say this, but if you'd deleted just a few pages every time you thought about it you'd now be well on the way to the point where your computer could handle a "delete all".
    Amen! 😉
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Mar '16 11:59
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Yeah right, 1000 deletes later I'm all finished. Not exactly the way I would want to spend a month.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Mar '16 13:24
    Yeah right, 1000 deletes later I'm all finished. Not exactly the way I would want to spend a month.
    At this moment i`m lost for what you now really want....🙄

If i understand it correct, at this moment you have 2 options: you can go online to Microsoft forums and ask for help there, or you have to delete the mails page by page....

But.....you have problems with opening an account for Microsoft forums, and you don`t want to delete the mails page by page???

What i definitly know is that your argument about deleting 20 mails at a time doesn`t hold....at this moment i can delete far more then 50 mails, so my estimation is that it can be around 100 at once. Still a lot of work, but this can be done step by step.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Mar '16 15:26
    Originally posted by eriron
    At this moment i`m lost for what you now really want....🙄

If i understand it correct, at this moment you have 2 options: you can go online to Microsoft forums and ask for help there, or you have to delete the mails page by page....

But.....you have problems with opening an account for Microsoft forums, and you don`t want to delete the mails page by pag ...[text shortened]... on is that it can be around 100 at once. Still a lot of work, but this can be done step by step.
    I tried getting into Microsoft but they said I already had an account and I didn't know the old PW, so they are supposed to be sending me a new PW but first they are supposed to be sending me an email to prove I am human. That hasn't happened yet in two days.
  9. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    10 Mar '16 15:28
    I tried getting into Microsoft but they said I already had an account and I didn't know the old PW, so they are supposed to be sending me a new PW but first they are supposed to be sending me an email to prove I am human. That hasn't happened yet in two days.
    Oops. They found out you're not human?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree