Show me an example.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Feb '21 20:09
    @handyandy said
    Show me an example.
    No thanks, I have no intentions of humoring you today my old friend.

Is your day going as well as mine?...I am having a great day!! 😉

-VR
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    10 Feb '21 20:11
    @very-rusty said

Is your day going as well as mine?...I am having a great day!!
    In other words, you're full of cowflop.

As usual.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Feb '21 20:201 edit
    @handyandy said
    In other words, you're full of cowflop.
    What is a cow flop?

You may be asking yourself the same question I asked myself, "What is a cow flop?

I" was told that a cow flop is an event where a bunch of numbered squares are randomly placed around an area outside and once the squares are down, a cow is released near the squares until nature takes its' course on one of the squares.

Now I am from the country grew up around a farm but don't quite understand the Statement you're trying to make here Andy did you get the word 'cowflop' correct? Help me to understand what you're trying to say here my old friend! 😉 Is it a game you like to play to see where the cow is going to go? 😉

-VR
  5. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    10 Feb '21 20:24
    @relentless-red said
    I'm guessing The Great Gig In The Sky is the bit where you work out hardest?
    She who is most beloved and I often work out together, (hers is a running machine) and she needs more upbeat music, so in truth I don't often get to listen to the Floyd...'Comfortably numb' is another favourite of mine....(it sums up my state of being) I like the slow stuff, it suits my temperament better, she lives life at a higher tempo.
  6. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    10 Feb '21 20:28
    @hakima said

If you have found exercise to be the remedy by the cloud of this pandemic, what do you do and how is it helping you?
    mostly fake yoga
    however i am inspired by yer example and this morning i went and aired up the bicycle tires
    then i was exhausted and went to take a short nap
    i dreamed i was a contestant in a gladiator type contest

i did not win
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Feb '21 20:43
    @rookie54 said
    mostly fake yoga
    however i am inspired by yer example and this morning i went and aired up the bicycle tires
    then i was exhausted and went to take a short nap
    i dreamed i was a contestant in a gladiator type contest

i did not win
    LOL@ rookie, made me laugh out load again! 😉

-VR
  8. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    10 Feb '21 21:04
    @indonesia-phil said
    She who is most beloved and I often work out together, (hers is a running machine) and she needs more upbeat music, so in truth I don't often get to listen to the Floyd...'Comfortably numb' is another favourite of mine....(it sums up my state of being) I like the slow stuff, it suits my temperament better, she lives life at a higher tempo.
    Reminds me of the 'music that makes you drive faster than you intended' thread months ago. Sometimes it is the intensity and not the tempo. I get earworms when I am running. I can imagine the guitar work in comfortably numb getting me up a hill.
  9. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    10 Feb '21 21:581 edit
    @relentless-red said
    Not sure if this is true. Never searched for the answer because I probably didn't want to hear it, but just before I retired a colleague of mine (also a keen runner) asked me did I know that runners don't increase their life expectancy, but do get significantly more musculoskeletal injuries and in particular lasting wear and tear to back and knees?

Personally I don' ...[text shortened]... make me favour trails over tarmac and pavements though. Life is definitely better when you feel fit.
    I jog 3-4 miles each day with the dog, having short runs uphill and never down which is really hard on the knees at 64. I also have a daily hour’s exercise routine in the house doing squats, press ups, punches and various other movements which focus on different muscles and develop core strength. Then there’s weekly work outs during which I carry logs home from the woods across the road, cutting them with a bow saw, splitting, stacking, rearranging and restacking. Owning a log burner is like having a dog; one BIG labour of love.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Feb '21 22:001 edit
    @drewnogal said
    I jog 3-4 miles each day with the dog, having short runs uphill and never down which is really hard on the knees at 64. I also have a daily hour’s exercise routine in the house doing squats, press ups, punches and various other movements which focus on different muscles and develop core strength. Then there’s weekly work outs during which I carry logs home from the woods ac ...[text shortened]... king, rearranging and restacking. Owning a log burner is like having a dog; one BIG labour of love.
    Are you able to do the splits? If you know what I am talking about! How long can you hold a plank? Providing you know what that is?

Sounds like you get lots of exercise for sure.

-VR
  11. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    10 Feb '21 22:151 edit
    @very-rusty said
    Are you able to do the splits? If you know what I am talking about! How long can you hold a plank? Providing you know what that is?

Sounds like you get lots of exercise for sure.

-VR
    Ha ha ... looked up the splits but not going there with my aged hips, I’d probably dislocated them. Did the plank for a minute, press-ups probably help with that.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Feb '21 22:23
    @drewnogal said
    Ha ha ... looked up the splits but not going there with my aged hips, I’d probably dislocated them. Did the plank for a minute, press-ups probably help with that.
    A minute is great for Planks....You can rest and do a few more sets of them if you are up to it really helps the core....LOL...I don't do the splits anymore but do a lot of stretching, I've had a couple of groin injuries in the past, not a lot of fun!

-VR
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '21
    Moves
    10 Feb '21 23:51
    I walk a mile or more every day and of course I do couch curls.
  14. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    11 Feb '21 18:00
    @very-rusty said

Is your day going as well as mine?...I am having a great day!! 😉

-VR
    You think Andy is your friend?
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Feb '21 18:05
    @trev33 said
    You think Andy is your friend?
    LOL@ trev....I use the term very loosely of course! 😉

Do you think he is my enemy?

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree