1. Gothenburg
    Moves
    09 Feb '21 09:01
    @earl-of-trumps said
    I get a chuckle at how bears do it. (Black bears, I think)
    The mom chases the cub up a tree and tells it not to come down. Well, they figure that is what the mom conveys to the cub because the cub never gets down until it is desperate.

That's called growing up fast. Go fend for yourself kid, and watch out for adult males, they kill cubs for walking onto their territory.
    They are so cute, these little bears. They connect their mother's roaring with danger and know to immediately climb up a tree, only this time she has no intention of calling them back down again. So they wait, and wait and wait... until hunger forces them down. Luckily they are usually more than one perhaps?
  2. Joined
    27 Jan '21
    Moves
    09 Feb '21 09:10
    Nice to see I have many thumbs down.

At least Earl of Trumps sees the truth.

As usual.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Feb '21 09:13
    @gratis-pawn said
    I'm not instantkarma777 just so you know.

I really hate when you guess wrong.
    It insults me.
    Fine words don't butter the parsnips.
  4. Joined
    27 Jan '21
    Moves
    09 Feb '21 09:16
    Dude!

That's not me.

I used to be flattered when a new guy was accused as being me but not anymore.

I take offense sir!

Pistols at noon...

Maybe 3pm...If I wake up.

6pm at the latest 🤔
  5. Joined
    27 Jan '21
    Moves
    09 Feb '21 09:20
    The Queen shall hear of this! 😡
  6. Dublin
    Moves
    09 Feb '21 09:22
    I really fear for the next generation. They can't cook. They are poorly educated and can't read a book never mind a map.

I've been looking after myself since I was 12. My parents taught me to be self sufficient.
  7. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    09 Feb '21 09:24
    @Gratis-Pawn - I used to be flattered when a new guy was accused as being me but not anymore.

I take offense sir!

---------------------------------------

wait 'til the new guy hears of it. wow. lol
  8. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    09 Feb '21 09:261 edit
    @instantkarma777 said
    I really fear for the next generation. They can't cook. They are poorly educated and can't read a book never mind a map.

I've been looking after myself since I was 12. My parents taught me to be self sufficient.
    The wailing about the younger generation dates back into antiquity. If even we managed to survive somehow ist shows they must have been demi-Gods at least...

It is always a mixed bag. Some will grow up and be responsible, some won't.
  9. Joined
    27 Jan '21
    Moves
    09 Feb '21 09:27
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @Gratis-Pawn - I used to be flattered when a new guy was accused as being me but not anymore.

I take offense sir!

---------------------------------------

wait 'til the new guy hears of it. wow. lol
    LoL 20 years of me being accused as every ass on the site and every ass on the site accused as being me.

I can't win 😔
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Feb '21 09:31
    @gratis-pawn said
    Dude!

That's not me.

I used to be flattered when a new guy was accused as being me but not anymore.

I take offense sir!

Pistols at noon...

Maybe 3pm...If I wake up.

6pm at the latest 🤔
    A story goes that the 19th-century German leader Bismarck was offended beyond endurance by Rudolf Virchow, a physician and politician, and challenged him to a duel. Virchow, who had the choice of weapons, selected two sausages, one of which had been inoculated with deadly cholera germs, and offered Bismarck his choice. The two would then eat the sausages. Bismarck didn't think it was funny. He called off the duel.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Feb '21 09:421 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    A story goes that the 19th-century German leader Bismarck was offended beyond endurance by Rudolf Virchow, a physician and politician, and challenged him to a duel. Virchow, who had the choice of weapons, selected two sausages, one of which had been inoculated with deadly cholera germs, and offered Bismarck his choice. The two would then eat the sausages. Bismarck didn't think it was funny. He called off the duel.
    Are you sure it wasn't a pastry?

In the US, a Bismarck is a doughnut with no hole, filled with creme or custard and topped, usually with chocolate frosting or ganache.
  12. Dublin
    Moves
    09 Feb '21 09:46
    Doughnuts at dawn
  13. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    09 Feb '21 09:461 edit
    In fact the Bismarck-Virchow-story is probably not true.

In Germany at least the story goes that Virchow, being an academic without experience rejected the duel against a seasoned military man.

The source here is: Vossische Zeitung April 6th 1876.
  14. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Feb '21 09:48
    @instantkarma777 said
    Doughnuts at dawn
    Perfect, not long to go.
  15. Dublin
    Moves
    09 Feb '21 09:49
    It's 09:50 here in Dublin.
    Raining and cold.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree