1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 22:351 edit
    "Fib Me Once"

You know how it goes (Fib, Fibs, Fibbing, Biggest Fibbest of us all). "Breach", an intense and entertaining movie contains a scene in which The Boss tells the New Employee, "I don't care what your name is, I'll be calling you 'Clerk'." Then, tells Clerk to make five statements, of which four are lies and one true. Let's Play the Same Game for Fun (without any private information being revealed). Then, the rest of us can try to figure out which brief statement is true, by the continuing process of elimination. Might as well start. Gbabe's Statements: 1) Grampy Bobby's really a teenage girl; 2) His Avatar was taken when she was younger; 3) "1) and 2)" are not true; 4) Only "1) is true; 5) She/He was quite timid as a child. ???
    -
  2. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 22:44

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 23:35
    5?
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Apr '13 00:011 edit
    Originally posted by coquette

5?
    You're Good, Coquette. From the ages of two to five, literally hid in the folds
    of my mother's skirts whenever introduced to an awesomely tall adult.
    First Grade in September, everything changed for good [or bad]. Sorry, lol.
    Your turn:
  5. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    15 Apr '13 00:03
    1. was a slut @ 12
    2. was a prude until 22
    3. was a slut in my mind until 17
    4. was an angelic virgin when married not so long ago
    5. was none of the above
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    15 Apr '13 00:10
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]"Fib Me Once"

You know how it goes (Fib, Fibs, Fibbing, Biggest Fibbest of us all). "Breach", an intense and entertaining movie contains a scene in which The Boss tells the New Employee, "I don't care what your name is, I'll be calling you 'Clerk'." Then, tells Clerk to make five statements, of which four are lies and one true. Let's Play the ...[text shortened]... are not true; 4) Only "1) is true; 5) She/He was quite timid as a child. ???
    -[/b]
    1. This statement is true.
    2. Statement 1 is false.
    3. Statement 2 is false.
    4. Statement 3 is false.
    5. Only one of the above statements is true.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Apr '13 00:22
    Originally posted by JS357
    1. This statement is true.
    2. Statement 1 is false.
    3. Statement 2 is false.
    4. Statement 3 is false.
    5. Only one of the above statements is true.
    Good one, JS, but Coquette's entry came 1st.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Apr '13 00:403 edits
    You're Good, Coquette. From the ages of two to five, literally hid in the folds
    of my mother's skirts whenever introduced to an awesomely tall adult.
    First Grade in September, everything changed for good [or bad]. Sorry, lol.
    Your turn:
    Ok, wait a minute.

From the OP, the only 2 statements that can be true are #2 OR #3.

Because EITHER "1 and 2 are not true" is true, or "His Avatar was taken when she was younger" is true, because we KNOW that #1 is false (otherwise #4 would also be true). #2 and #3 cannot be both true OR both false. For #3 to be false, then #2 MUST be true. For #3 to be true, then #2 MUST be false, but if #3 is true, OR if #2 is true, then #5 cannot be true.

I would safely go with #3 being true.
  9. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    15 Apr '13 00:41
    The following sentence is true.

The previous sentence is false.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Apr '13 00:58
    1. was a slut @ 12
    2. was a prude until 22
    5. was none of the above
    My stab in the dark (since I do not know you) is #5 is true. The other statements are ambiguous at best, depending as they do on personal definitions.
  11. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    15 Apr '13 01:16
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    My stab in the dark (since I do not know you) is #5 is true. The other statements are ambiguous at best, depending as they do on personal definitions.
    wize you are
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Apr '13 03:063 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Ok, wait a minute.

From the OP, the only 2 statements that can be true are #2 OR #3.

Because EITHER "1 and 2 are not true" is true, or "His Avatar was taken when she was younger" is true, because we KNOW that #1 is false (otherwise #4 would also be true). #2 and #3 cannot be both true OR both false. For #3 to be false, then #2 MUST be true. For #3 to ...[text shortened]... f #3 is true, OR if #2 is true, then #5 cannot be true.

I would safely go with #3 being true.
    "Gbabe's Statements: 1) Grampy Bobby's really a teenage girl; 2) His Avatar was taken when she was younger;
    3) "1) and 2)" are not true; 4) Only "1) is true; 5) She/He was quite timid as a child. ???" (OP)

Operating Premise: 'GB's a Guy'. Then It Follows That, Since the Person in His Avatar Photo Appears to Be of Female Persuasion, She Must Be Either A Great Grandmother; Grandmother; Mother; Aunt; Sister; Girl Friend (Like Songbird who's Disppeared From His Profile to Make Room for a Cape Cod Lighthouse near Chatam) or His Daughter Heidi Lynn with Baby = All Females, No Male. Therefore, Neither "1)" nor "2)" are True. "3)" Contradicts "1) and 2)" but Creates Uncertainty Because The Reader is Left with Seven Possible Options [a) Great Grandmother; b) Grandmother; c) Mother; d) Aunt; e) Sister; f)Girl Friend or g) His Married Daughter with Child.

""4) Only 1) is true" Effectively Eliminates "a teenage girl" which [which in terms of age] Could Only Be His "Girl Friend". "5) She/He was quite timid as a child" Relates an Event which Took Place from the Ages of Two to Five that Any of The Seven Hypothetical Females Could Conceivably Have Known About Grampy Bobby. Empirical Evidence: Grampy Bobby Is/Has Been Accepted as A Male Since July 13, 2007, By One and All of His Chess Opponents in Over 900 Games [several dozen of whom have shared email addresses, phone numbers or met in person]. Further, During This Time Period GB's RHP Forum Posts Have Averaged Approximately 11-12/ Day or Thousands in Total Despite a Long Absence Due To Paralysis. Though His Vocabulary and Lack of Clarity Have Been Questioned; His Content and Style of Expression Soundly Criticized Numerous Times in Public--- Never Has Anybody (Including Russ & Chris and The Third Party Credit Card Clearing House) Doubted His Gender.

Conclusion: "5) She/He was quite timid as a child." is True and "He" is Applicable. Thorough Cross-Examination, Suzianne. Attorney? (lol) ~gb
  13. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    15 Apr '13 03:19
    [b]"Gbabe's Statements: 1) Grampy Bobby's really a teenage girl; 2) His Avatar was taken when she was younger;
    3) "1) and 2)" are not true; 4) Only "1) is true; 5) She/He was quite timid as a child. ???" (OP)

Operating Premise: 'GB's a Guy'. Then It Follows That, Since the Person in His Avatar Photo Appears to Be of Female Persuasion, Sh ...[text shortened]... e. Thorough Cross-Examination, Suzianne. Attorney? (lol) ~gb
    .[/b]
    All of this is hearsay. Your gender is undetermined.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Apr '13 03:211 edit

1. was a slut @ 12
    2. was a prude until 22
    5. was none of the above
    Coquette's Present Self Proclaimed Forum Title, "Already mated" Replaced the Title, "Looking for Mate",
    I believe. If so, "4. was an angelic virgin when married not so long ago" Must Be True, [I'm pretty sure].
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Apr '13 03:58
    Originally posted by HandyAndy

All of this is hearsay. Your gender is undetermined.
    Hey, H/A, is That Really Any Kind of Way to Speak to 'Little Miss Barbie Hottie' from Beanietown's North End?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree