General Forum

General Forum

  1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52774
    26 Nov '16 14:471 edit
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/26/americas/fidel-castro-obit/index.html

    He survived 600 (!) assassination attempts:

    http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/12/americas/cuba-fidel-castro-at-90-after-assassination-plots/?iid=ob_lockedrail_topeditorial
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    421800
    26 Nov '16 15:17
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/26/americas/fidel-castro-obit/index.html

    He survived 600 (!) assassination attempts:

    http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/12/americas/cuba-fidel-castro-at-90-after-assassination-plots/?iid=ob_lockedrail_topeditorial
    Just about time for him to kick the bucket...He lived to be ripe old age!!!

    -VR
  3. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    26 Nov '16 20:10
    The only Latin American country which wasn't steamrolled by
    the CIA during the heyday of the empire. Oh boy, did it hurt to the
    gringo pigs to lose their Caribbean brothel to the glorious revolution.
    Now it will be over, but Cuban resistance will be up there, in golden
    letters, next to the brave Vietnamese people who defeated the
    cursed ones.
  4. Account suspended
    Joined
    10 Dec '11
    Moves
    143494
    26 Nov '16 20:42
    He got secretly cryogenized.
  5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    9664
    27 Nov '16 07:45
    Hopefully some day his country will recover. I wonder how you read that.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52774
    27 Nov '16 13:58
    Originally posted by apathist
    Hopefully some day his country will recover. I wonder how you read that.
    Well, one thing, Cubans learned how to fix old cars very well. I would take my car to a Cuban mechanic.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35774
    27 Nov '16 14:26
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    He got secretly cryogenized.
    Wrong end of the thermometer there, Pancho.
  8. Joined
    12 Aug '05
    Moves
    2267
    27 Nov '16 14:50
    And the chess community cares because?

    Whatev....
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    421800
    27 Nov '16 16:50
    Originally posted by cowboynoel
    And the chess community cares because?

    Whatev....
    Cowboy,
    This is the General forum ANY SUBJECTS can be talked about here. Doesn't have to be chess related.

    -VR
  10. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    9664
    27 Nov '16 18:40
    I think cuba rocks. They have had some harsh decades. Let them back on board.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52774
    29 Nov '16 14:24
    Originally posted by Seitse
    The only Latin American country which wasn't steamrolled by
    the CIA during the heyday of the empire. Oh boy, did it hurt to the
    gringo pigs to lose their Caribbean brothel to the glorious revolution.
    Now it will be over, but Cuban resistance will be up there, in golden
    letters, next to the brave Vietnamese people who defeated the
    cursed ones.
    Actually, the gringo pigs was the Mafia, they are the ones who lost big time and they bungled the assasination attempt. I don't think it would have stopped the revolution if they had succeeded, and it was a request from the CIA, but I think others would have stepped in and besides, the Soviets are the ones who propped up the economy to the tune of 5 billion US a year till they collapsed in 90.
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97169
    29 Nov '16 19:26
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Actually, the gringo pigs was the Mafia, they are the ones who lost big time and they bungled the assasination attempt. I don't think it would have stopped the revolution if they had succeeded, and it was a request from the CIA, but I think others would have stepped in and besides, the Soviets are the ones who propped up the economy to the tune of 5 billion US a year till they collapsed in 90.
    We Canucks love the place, to the tune of 1.3 million visitors a year (last year). I have been 3 times and will likely be heading there again this spring (March/April).
  13. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    29 Nov '16 21:09
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    the gringo pigs was the Mafia
    How old are you again?
  14. Unknown Territories
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    29 Nov '16 21:39
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Actually, the gringo pigs was the Mafia, they are the ones who lost big time and they bungled the assasination attempt. I don't think it would have stopped the revolution if they had succeeded, and it was a request from the CIA, but I think others would have stepped in and besides, the Soviets are the ones who propped up the economy to the tune of 5 billion US a year till they collapsed in 90.
    Conspiracy much?
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    30 Nov '16 05:04
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    He got secretly cryogenized.
    I have no interest in his sexual preferences.

    Thanks for that.
Back to Top