1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Feb '23 13:05
    A new study suggests that 51 minutes is all the average person can manage of a date that has started to go downhill. The survey of 2,000 adults was carried out in the U.K. ~ The Grauniad.

It could be even less than 51 minutes, I suppose: but why?

What excuses could one credibly use to leave before a mere hour had passed?
  2. Standard memberEndLame
    👌
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Feb '23 13:13
    I'm gregarious.

I haven't been in a situation where I couldn't get conversation going.
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Feb '23 13:14
    I had a date there on Sunday night, as soon as I saw her i knew it wasn't going anywhere. But of course you chat and have the date... She wouldn't stop talking, lasted almost 2 hours. I should be more rude, even paid for the damn beer. Money and time I'm never getting back.

Beer was good though.

What was your question again?
  4. Standard memberEndLame
    👌
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Feb '23 13:17
    @fmf said
    What excuses could one credibly use to leave before a mere hour had passed?
    "Are you interested in coming to the white power meeting?"

I'm sure that would end the date.
    Or...she says yes and you live happily ever after 🤗

I've never actually "dated" anyone.
    I've been in relationships but it was never like the cliche movie dating scenes 🤔
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Feb '23 13:17
    @trev33 said
    What made you not want to bail out early?
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Feb '23 13:26
    @fmf said
    What made you not want to bail out early?
    I wanted to, she wanted to stay longer, i said they were closing. I thought they closed at 11, we were the last two there but apparently they stayed open until 12. Coffee first date is the best, doesn't last that long. I didn't want to be rude and leave.

Had a first date once that lasted for 14 hours without sex, spent all night chatting on a park bench then had breakfast. That was nice.
  7. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    07 Feb '23 13:53
    I would always go to a bar where you can seek refuge in alcohol. In fact that is what I always did on all first dates. Funny but even with the foxy ones it all usually went horribly wrong.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    07 Feb '23 13:58
    @the-gravedigger said
    I would always go to a bar where you can seek refuge in alcohol. In fact that is what I always did on all first dates. Funny but even with the foxy ones it all usually went horribly wrong.
    I told you not to wear those cardigans.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Feb '23 13:59
    @the-gravedigger said
    Did you ever try staying sober? 🙂

-VR
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Feb '23 14:08
    @the-gravedigger said
    I think it may have something to do with calling them the foxy ones 😂
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Feb '23 14:30
    @the-gravedigger said
    Met a woman on tinder in Thailand a few years back... Her profile was set at 26. When we matched she said was actually 30 something, i was 31/32 at the time so didn't really care.

Looked through her pictures and thought I'll need to shirt up for this meeting. My only sleeveless shirt i travelled with. Was a day date, she picked me up and drove around the island a bit.

The shirt was a good call... She wore a dress with her boobs sticking out, honestly thought they were fake at first. Great body, a bit nuts but nice girl. Completely stunning.

Spent the day together and went back to her hotel for drinks... Now the thought process starts... How can this lead to spending the night together. Talked about massages so asked, do you want a massage?

She said yes and had breakfast together the next day.

I find if you're just confident and act naturally things tend to happen. But looking she was clearly looking for some fun with a foreigner.

That helps. The foreigner card 😂
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Feb '23 16:50
    @trev33 said
    Met a woman on tinder in Thailand a few years back... Her profile was set at 26. When we matched she said was actually 30 something, i was 31/32 at the time so didn't really care.

Looked through her pictures and thought I'll need to shirt up for this meeting. My only sleeveless shirt i travelled with. Was a day date, she picked me up and drove around the island a bit.

Th ...[text shortened]... t looking she was clearly looking for some fun with a foreigner.

That helps. The foreigner card 😂
    I have found many women like to play with a foreigner. Learned that back in my early 20's. 🙂

-VR
  13. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    07 Feb '23 17:11
    @very-rusty said
    Did you ever try staying sober? 🙂

-VR
    On every one I tried.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Feb '23 17:37
    @the-gravedigger said
    On every one I tried.
    Man, You must be saying all the wrong things, or coming on too strong.

-VR
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Feb '23 18:50
    @trev33 said
    I had a date there on Sunday night, as soon as I saw her i knew it wasn't going anywhere. But of course you chat and have the date... She wouldn't stop talking, lasted almost 2 hours. I should be more rude, even paid for the damn beer. Money and time I'm never getting back.

Beer was good though.

You got a date with a munter, you paid for the drinks …and she drank beer. Sounds like one of your Latin American lady boy nights to me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree