Filings for choux pastry - whipped cream + creme fraiche!

Filings for choux pastry - whipped cream + creme fraiche!

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
09 Feb 18

Profiteroles, eclairs, puff cakes - once man could find them in tons of pastry shops, but they began to disappear one after another, like old book stores, and now one cam only find betting and lottery shops there, or strip clubs.

And such poor offer of choux pastry.
Once - several kind of glazings, caramelized sugar, icing sugar, milk chocolate coating, fondue in 2 colours and tastes (lemon and chocolate), and fillings og pastry creme,Bavarian creme, whipped cream, choco whipped cream, and - my favourite, old fashioned Parisian - mixture of 2 thirds of whipped cream and 1 third of creme fraiche. Usually dusted with icing sugar.

To-day it's all vanished. Disappeared.

If there is eclairs a all, they are filled with boring pastry cream, glazed with fondue and pastry is soggy as overcooked broccoli.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
09 Feb 18

Grated sole.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
09 Feb 18

Originally posted by @vandervelde
Profiteroles, eclairs, puff cakes - once man could find them in tons of pastry shops, but they began to disappear one after another, like old book stores, and now one cam only find betting and lottery shops there, or strip clubs.

Once - several kind of glazings, caramelized sugar, icing sugar, milk chocolate coa ...[text shortened]... filled with boring pastry cream, glazed with fondue and pastry is soggy as overcooked broccoli.
Come to Germany, I think we have them quite often in bakeries (real ones not the fast things at train stations). It's called Brandteiggebäck

Moves
09 Feb 18

Originally posted by @vandervelde

Once - several kind of glazings, caramelized sugar, icing sugar, milk chocolate coa ...[text shortened]... filled with boring pastry cream, glazed with fondue and pastry is soggy as overcooked broccoli.
Tiramisu isn't as fashionable. But it's widely available here in Orlando...and it always "picks me up".

My wife is a Disney Pastry Chef and highly recommends her own "Cake-Pops"!

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
09 Feb 18

Lord Chandos had two pastry cooks. During WWII, he was asked if one could be spared to serve in the war, to which he replied,

"Oh damn it, can't a man have a biscuit?!"

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
09 Feb 18

Tongue

Moves
07 Mar 18

Originally posted by @wolfgang59
Tongue
Cum? Sick puppy.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
08 Mar 18

Originally posted by @trev33
Cum? Sick puppy.
trying to get back to the top of the thread killing?

Moves
08 Mar 18

Originally posted by @ponderable
trying to get back to the top of the thread killing?
Pot, meet kettle; kettle, this is pot.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
08 Mar 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @shallow-blue
Pot, meet kettle; kettle, this is pot.
Indeed.
On the other hand you can point me to a thread which I just "bumped". I normally try to contribute something 😉

Plus I also dig up threads where I have been the last contributor before ...

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
08 Mar 18

Originally posted by @trev33
Cum? Sick puppy.
Heel.