2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Mar '17 22:101 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    https://imgur.com/gallery/Q6ChB

I get it now.
    Sorry, the "proof" disappeared. Probably deleted because it was so obviously false. There are a thousand proofs Earth is a ball more or less, and only pseudoscientific nonsense Earth is flat.

For instance, on a flat Earth, the equator is a circle on the big pancake earth. So if you follow that equator line you have to continually turn left or right, small deviation but there. On the real Earth, you can follow the imaginary equator line all your life with no deviation left or right on average ever needed. That is only one of a bunch I have brought up to your buddy freak but he just goes no way, and thinks that wins the argument.

It does no such thing, what it does is show the entire planet how stupid his stance is. It is a religion to him and therefore reason will never convince him of any of that. For instance, GPS according to him is not run from satellites, but ground stations, and I pointed out GPS signals work just fine in the middle of the Pacific ocean but that doesn't bother him.

There are no satellites, not even Sputnik, which was not his 'always lying' NASA. He also doesn't believe it possible to circumnavigate Antarctica which would blow his flatasser crap right off the shelf.

But it was done by no less than the US Navy in 1946-47 and more recently by civilian outfits and a new journey coming up in a few months. They are all liars. So being a religious stance, there is no argument that would convince him otherwise, and I suspect, you also.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    20 Mar '17 23:05
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Sorry, the "proof" disappeared. Probably deleted because it was so obviously false. There are a thousand proofs Earth is a ball more or less, and only pseudoscientific nonsense Earth is flat.

For instance, on a flat Earth, the equator is a circle on the big pancake earth. So if you follow that equator line you have to continually turn left or right, sm ...[text shortened]... ligious stance, there is no argument that would convince him otherwise, and I suspect, you also.
    On a flat earth, would the speed of earth's rotation cause any problems?
  4. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    20 Mar '17 23:11

For instance, on a flat Earth, the equator is a circle on the big pancake earth. So if you follow that equator line you have to continually turn left or right, sm ...[text shortened]... ligious stance, there is no argument that would convince him otherwise, and I suspect, you also.
    You don't really believe Freaky believes his own nonsense, do you? It's a forum persona, you know. He's probably a perfectly rational being, entertaining himself hugely by putting up this loony image.
  5. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    21 Mar '17 00:32
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    You don't really believe Freaky believes his own nonsense, do you? It's a forum persona, you know. He's probably a perfectly rational being, entertaining himself hugely by putting up this loony image.
    A "rational being" who believes 9/11 was staged, Hillary Clinton is a pedophile, and Michelle Obama is transsexual?
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Mar '17 03:333 edits
    Originally posted by vivify
    On a flat earth, would the speed of earth's rotation cause any problems?
    They have bigger things than that to explain, like why is there gravity on a flat Earth at all. The rotation would be instantly measurable in any event, on the north pole, no centripital force but on the edge, it would most likely sling you right off, and in between, intermediate centripital force.

You could prove it with a stick and a string holding a weight. At the north pole, stick and string straight down. Go to the equator and now the weight on the string would show an angle compared to the stick held vertically.

Other problems, the fact we have aurora Borealis and Aurora australialis which would never happen on a flat Earth, the magnetic fields protecting Earth would have to go to the edges of Earth from the North pole and the field strength would be thousands of times weaker at the edge and therefore no southern lights.

The list of stuff like that just goes on and on.

And I do believe freak is not kidding. His religion is flatassness.

And all that stuff Handy just mentioned plus a dozen other things he things goes on in the world. There are no satellites, GPS is run from ground stations and that secret is held by a few people in the know, etc, etc, etc.

Moon landing never happened, NASA ALWAYS lies ESPECIALLY about the image of the entire mass of Antarctica. Of course that blows out the whole flatass BS so therefore, that image is faked. And ALL space agencies are faked, no sputnik, no Mir, no ISS and the like. The Chinese, Russians, Italians, Brits, French, India, ALL in on the big conspiracy to hide the fact Earth is a pancake.

He put out such arguments as the Russians drilling as deep as they can, about 7 miles down they could go no further, in reality because the bits were getting so hot they weakened and broke, but in his fantasy world, they broke through and now have to keep the world from finding out. So Russia is in on the big secret.

He also considers himself as possessing a civilization changing mind, up there with Newton, Einstein, Madam Curie and the like. These are things he actually said, don't think he would be going to such extremes if he was just pulling our chains.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Mar '17 04:11

Whoosh!
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Mar '17 14:15
    Whoosh!
    If you say so.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Mar '17 14:53
    If you say so.
    You were saying how freakykbh is my "buddy" and seemingly trying to convince me that he is wrong.

As I said whoosh.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Mar '17 15:35
    You were saying how freakykbh is my "buddy" and seemingly trying to convince me that he is wrong.

As I said whoosh.
    I doubt very seriously you believe in the flatasser religion like the Freak. You just enjoy pulling peoples chains while you are in the back room laughing your ass off.

I seriously doubt you think GPS is run from ground stations instead of satellites.

And the rest of his pathetic religion.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Mar '17 16:58
    I doubt very seriously you believe in the flatasser religion like the Freak. You just enjoy pulling peoples chains while you are in the back room laughing your ass off.

I seriously doubt you think GPS is run from ground stations instead of satellites.

And the rest of his pathetic religion.
    You really need to look closely at the pic I linked to in my OP.

Oh and chill out a bit 😛
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Mar '17 17:011 edit
    You really need to look closely at the pic I linked to in my OP.

Oh and chill out a bit 😛
    Yeah, I get it. Devil's advocate. It's too bad the freak doesn't think the same way.

This is what Freaky needs:

https://phys.org/news/2017-03-critical-humanities-belief-pseudoscience.html
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Mar '17 17:18
    I get it. Devil's advocate.
    Do you find your friends and family having to explain jokes to you?
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Mar '17 17:461 edit
    Do you find your friends and family having to explain jokes to you?
    Don't worry, I figured you for a jester but I'm afraid FR is not joking.

BTW, I was just now able to link to your planet site. Flat Earth, it's funny when you think abou it.
  15. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    22 Mar '17 10:44
    The image from the op is not accurate, since it doesn't show the elephants or the turtle.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree