1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Jul '16 14:55
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    For a person with a mind for numbers and theoretical thinking you sure have a hard time with some fairly basic concepts.
    You trumpet Newton as the greatest scientist ever, but forget this is the same one who proposed gravitational force.
    You know: that thing that can't be rationally explained or even demonstrated here on earth.
    That's not science.
    ...[text shortened]... ally sound our formulas are worked and then applied--- will ALWAYS result in faulty conclusions.
    So, wait, let me get this straight... you don't believe in gravity now?
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jul '16 15:474 edits
    For a person with a mind for numbers and theoretical thinking you sure have a hard time with some fairly basic concepts.
    You trumpet Newton as the greatest scientist ever, but forget this is the same one who proposed gravitational force.
    You know: that thing that can't be rationally explained or even demonstrated here on earth.
    That's not science.
    ...[text shortened]... ally sound our formulas are worked and then applied--- will ALWAYS result in faulty conclusions.
    You will jump on any BS argument your flatassers come up with, like gravity hasn't been 'proven'. I don't know about you but I fall down if I trip. Maybe YOU fall up but then again you are not normal.

I guess this instrument called a gravimeter is BS too:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravimeter

And this way of showing the effects of velocity on the flow of time:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hafele%E2%80%93Keating_experiment

And this one also using atomic clocks, the most accurate ever made, showing the change in the flow of time with altitude, which now can be measured with a change of gravity (altitude) by as little as a foot of difference, where time flows ever so slighty faster in a lower gravity field, field in this case meaning just a different bending of space-time as the result of the mass of the Earth and meauring time at slightly different heights.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1314656/Scientists-prove-time-really-does-pass-quicker-higher-altitude.html

But hey, what do mere Phd's know, right? All that work, bogus because gravity hasn't been 'proven'.

Of course that would be a continuous dis by flatassers no matter WHAT experiment was done.

And don't EVEN try to tell me the flatasser dogma that the entire flat Earth is somehow accelerating through space. That old dog was disproven decades ago. But hey, I guess if that floats your boat....

The really sad part is where you came up with the no gravity thing. It of course did not come from you but from your flatasser brainwashers. I doubt if you would ever admit it though, considering you already said you broke away from the FES.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jul '16 17:12
    Why don't you get in touch with your flatass buddies and have them tell you the rationalization of the sun's analemma, a well known phenomena, then you can pass it on to us uninformed so we know the truth too.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Jul '16 18:03
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    So, wait, let me get this straight... you don't believe in gravity now?
    Freaky has said previously that what we understand as gravity is actually density.

Let me be the first to congratulate him on his, er, density.
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    29 Jul '16 19:18
    Not the same thing at all.

One question involves astronomical facts. The other deals with human abilities. Not the same thing at all.
    I don't think you understand how logic works.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Jul '16 20:32
    I don't think you understand how logic works.
    Logic, with its formulae and 'thought experiments', fails under certain conditions and is certainly not applicable to a lot of subjects, not the least of which is 'human interaction'.

I don't think you understand how logic *doesn't* work in certain conversations.

For example, can you use logic to prove God exists, or even that He doesn't exist?
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    29 Jul '16 20:37
    Logic, with its formulae and 'thought experiments', fails under certain conditions and is certainly not applicable to a lot of subjects, not the least of which is 'human interaction'.

I don't think you understand how logic *doesn't* work in certain conversations.

For example, can you use logic to prove God exists, or even that He doesn't exist?
    Holy ships, of all people to wax elegant you are deigning to teach logic?
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Jul '16 14:39
    Holy ships, of all people to wax elegant [b]you are deigning to teach logic?[/b]
    She can teach YOU a thing or three about logic, a subject you no doubt think you mastered but you are in fact, clueless.

Ignoring my posts just shows you how insecure you are in your own flatasss stance. Since you have bid farewell to the FEC, you have no recourse but your own which puts you at a decided disadvantage.

There IS no real answer to the sun's movement called Analemma. That cannot happen in the mythology of your flat Earth with some kind of sun rotating above the flat plane of Earth.

You also have zero explanation, only denial, of the analysis done by Newton as to what the horizon and sun would look like at sundown or sunrise, which would be a pillow shape not round. Round because the horizon is only a few miles away at human eye height.

You also have no explanation for Coriolis effect which you merely answer with derision.

Just as a broad hint, since you think you know logic, derision is just a form of ad hominem attack and not the way to win arguments.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree