1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 Jan '19 00:37
    @The-Gravedigger
    Did you know light going through any lens slows down and in fact in water light slows down. It is called refraction and the more it refracts the lower the speed of light and in fact they have made substances that stop light cold, essentially an infinite refractory index. Even the atmosphere slows down the speed of light. It is a common phenomena. What do you mean measuring c in two directions only?
    What makes you think the speed going left is different than the same photons going right?
    Do you know about doppler effect? Happens with sound and with light? Can you say what that is?
  2. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    31 Jan '19 00:59
    I am talking about measuring in a vacuum .
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    31 Jan '19 02:35
    @sonhouse said
    [youtube]0_Cgxy7N-V0[/youtube]

Not sure if this is just a simulation or not. I did see a human in one pass but if it is a sim, and the 29 can do these things in real life, it is mind boggling.
    Runways kinda short and then there is the human on the right hand size. They are RCs...but cool all the same.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 Jan '19 15:10
    @The-Gravedigger

This effect slows down light: in a vacuum: One, going deep into a gravity well and that is because that effect is more fundamental then just slowing light waves, instead the entire fabric of spacetime compresses so time slows down and stuff gets compressed together slightly, much more if you enter a black hole.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree