Forum moderation

Forum moderation

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
16 Jan 06

Originally posted by Will Everitt
Well my mother doesn't think redhotpawn is an appropriate name for a website.
You got me there. 😳

-Russ

Only 1 F in Uckfield

Buxted UK

Moves
16 Jan 06

Originally posted by Peachy
Oh.. Cheers! 😵
Banning flashing avatars would be good.

More seriously you have to 13 to use this site, so you are probably aware of most of the rude words. I would like to see a more mature approach to moderation whereby context was taken into account. It is possible not to swear or use capital letters but still post offensively. Similarly not all posts that swear or use capital letters offend.

What I really hope is that Robo Mod is not introduced. We should be able to mention the Vice President of the USA by name without being alerted.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
16 Jan 06
1 edit

Originally posted by invigorate

More seriously you have to 13 to use this site, so you are probably aware of most of the rude words. I would like to see a more mature approach to moderation whereby context was taken into account. It is possible not to swear or use capital letters but still post offensively. Similarly not all posts that swear or ...[text shortened]... duced. We should be able to mention the Vice President of the USA by name without being alerted.
Dick.

(Robo Mod has no problems with Dick)

P-

P

Moves
16 Jan 06

Originally posted by invigorate
That took me the whole evening to make! I very much doubt its offending
anyone, apart from ol' grannies maybe..

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
16 Jan 06
1 edit

Originally posted by Phlabibit

P-
Your position must suit you down to the ground, Phil.

Does Robo Mod do most of his work under the mods, or over them? I mean, does Robo-mod give the forums a once over, and then the mods come behind and clean up any remaining dirty streaks, or is it vice versa, with the mods doing most of the dirty work, with robo-mod coming up the rear and making sure no dirtiness escapes through the back door?

Thanks for your time,

D

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
16 Jan 06

Originally posted by Ragnorak
...with robo-mod coming up the rear and making sure no dirtiness escapes through the back door?
I don't know...

But if ever a post needed censoring...this is it! And not a rude word used!

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
16 Jan 06

Robomod keeps a list of alerts... mods refer to that list and clean up the rest... when they have time.

There will never be 100% consistancy in moderation, as there isn't always a mod on. When a mod is on, the posts will vanish as needed... some will even vanish several days later depending on alerts by other RHP users.

P-

T
Full speed locomotiv

On tracks.

Moves
16 Jan 06

Originally posted by shavixmir
I think a list of banned words is an excellent idea. That way nobody can say: "I didn't know that word was banned."

A room 101 of banned words!

Can I offer "tomato" as a banned word? Despicable fruit...
Tomatoe's are good for your balls.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
16 Jan 06

Originally posted by TRAINS44
Tomatoe's are good for your balls.
Way better than my foot, for sure.

P-

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
16 Jan 06

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Dick.

P-
That's probably because it is a real persons name. Dick de Cock, honestly, is a name a lot of people up here will have. One should be able to address one another according to their own name, of course...

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
16 Jan 06

stitching you up

Moves
24 Apr 06

stitching you up

Moves
24 Apr 06