General Forum

General Forum

  1. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Joined
    09 Jun '14
    Moves
    10079
    13 Jul '14 21:49
    world cup today tomorrow we take berlin
  2. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    14 Jul '14 00:28
    Originally posted by redbadger
    world cup today tomorrow we take berlin
    Its actually pretty awesome to see Mrs Merkel take an interest in the soccer. I genuinely believe that she likes it and not just because it makes her popular. Now you contrast that with the head of state for the UK and you have a stuffy old bag that may condescend to throw a lawn party at Buckingham palace. I am always aggrieved that the Germans are citizens and we are subjects.
  3. In your face
    Joined
    21 Aug '04
    Moves
    55993
    14 Jul '14 00:46
    Originally posted by redbadger
    world cup today tomorrow we take berlin
    Go Mr Cohen.
  4. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    14 Jul '14 01:42
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Now you contrast that with the head of state for the UK
    What is Cameron going to celebrate?!

    Unless he attends a World Snooker Championship, there's no respectable sporting event the UK can celebrate, least football.
  5. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    14 Jul '14 01:531 edit
    Originally posted by Seitse
    What is Cameron going to celebrate?!

    Unless he attends a World Snooker Championship, there's no respectable sporting event the UK can celebrate, least football.
    Cameron is the prime minister, the Queen is the head of state and the scenario was merely hypothetical.
  6. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    14 Jul '14 02:05
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Cameron is the prime minister, the Queen is the head of state and the scenario was merely hypothetical.
    Oh damn, you're right, I forgot you're subjects over there. Me bad 🙂
  7. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    14 Jul '14 02:39
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Oh damn, you're right, I forgot you're subjects over there. Me bad 🙂
    Yes subjects of a foreign Queen! not even a citizen!
  8. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    14 Jul '14 07:16
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Yes subjects of a foreign Queen! not even a citizen!
    I feel your pain. Monarchy has implicit the concept of superiors/inferiors. It sucks.

    How much of your produce you have to give to the feudal lords over there?
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Joined
    31 May '12
    Moves
    2365
    14 Jul '14 09:11
    Originally posted by Seitse
    I feel your pain. Monarchy has implicit the concept of superiors/inferiors. It sucks.

    How much of your produce you have to give to the feudal lords over there?
    The crown owns the entire island, every millimetre of it. No one ever really owns his own property--the queen's subjects occupy HER land with her implicit consent. Of course, the monarch would not in practice dispossess anyone's home, but that's like saying that slavery were still legal though no one would actually have a slave anymore in practice.
  10. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Joined
    09 Jun '14
    Moves
    10079
    14 Jul '14 14:58
    Originally posted by moonbus
    The crown owns the entire island, every millimetre of it. No one ever really owns his own property--the queen's subjects occupy HER land with her implicit consent. Of course, the monarch would not in practice dispossess anyone's home, but that's like saying that slavery were still legal though no one would actually have a slave anymore in practice.
    I think someone should line the royal family up and pop a cap up their ass
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Joined
    31 May '12
    Moves
    2365
    15 Jul '14 11:28
    Originally posted by redbadger
    I think someone should line the royal family up and pop a cap up their ass
    I think they should be sent into exile with one suitcase each and let them earn their way, same as everyone else. Get a life!
  12. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    16 Jul '14 09:58
    Originally posted by moonbus
    I think they should be sent into exile with one suitcase each and let them earn their way, same as everyone else. Get a life!
    Perhaps we should hang them out of windows like the Americans do their flags?
  13. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    6889
    16 Jul '14 10:521 edit
    It's a total myth that we are subjects. We are citizens of the UK.

    https://www.gov.uk/types-of-british-nationality/overview
    https://www.gov.uk/types-of-british-nationality/british-subject
  14. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    6889
    16 Jul '14 10:54
    Originally posted by moonbus
    The crown owns the entire island, every millimetre of it. No one ever really owns his own property--the queen's subjects occupy HER land with her implicit consent. Of course, the monarch would not in practice dispossess anyone's home, but that's like saying that slavery were still legal though no one would actually have a slave anymore in practice.
    I think this is also a myth. Can you find any official confirmation of this?
  15. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Joined
    31 May '12
    Moves
    2365
    16 Jul '14 13:51
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    I think this is also a myth. Can you find any official confirmation of this?
    A good friend of mine in a lawyer in the UK. He told me so. He must have had a good reason.
Back to Top