1. Gothenburg
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 22:041 edit
    Originally posted by Ashiitaka
    If a man's masculinity is threatened by who pays the bill they are very insecure.
    The feeling of being in charge, in control can also matter to these men, the traditionally manly behavior.
  2. RSA
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 22:09
    Originally posted by Torunn
    The feeling of being in charge, in control can also matter to these men, the traditionally manly behavior.
    When women do things traditionally seen as masculine, it is empowering. They are praised, and when real men are comfortable and confident enough to do the opposite most women find it attractive. Not sure why men get their knickers in a twist about it.
  3. Gothenburg
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 22:103 edits
    Originally posted by Ashiitaka
    When women do things traditionally seen as masculine, it is empowering. They are praised, and when real men are comfortable and confident enough to do the opposite most women find it attractive. Not sure why men get their knickers in a twist about it.
    Losing control is controversial. I gain control when I share the cost - I feel more free to choose what I want to eat and drink and I also feel free to decide for myself when and how I want the evening to end.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 23:23
    Originally posted by drewnogal
    What are your thoughts on this? Are you unerved by women who pay their way or do you find this attractive? Maybe you insist on paying for everything but deep down inside you resent it and wish she'd offer sometimes but feel too embarrassed to mention it? What if she earns lots more than you yet still expects you to pay?
    How can you "go Dutch"? Either you are born that way or you're not.
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    22 Feb '17 00:07
    Originally posted by whodey
    .........? Either you are born that way or you're not.
    You mean like being stupid?
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    24 Feb '17 15:11
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    You mean like being stupid?
    For some stupidity is an acquired taste...

On the Topic: Going Dutch (both pay for themselves) is the new normal with Women routinely have their own income. That the man pays is a relict from times, when women did not earn their Money. Of course I will invite People to a meal now and then. But I normally clear this up with the Invitation.

When I am away with my wife there is no Problem, since we do have just one common account.
  7. Gothenburg
    Moves
    24 Feb '17 15:222 edits
    Originally posted by Ponderable

On the Topic: Going Dutch (both pay for themselves) is the new normal with Women routinely have their own income. That the man pays is a relict from times, when women did not earn their Money. Of course I will invite People to a meal now and then. But I normally clear this up with the Invitation.

When I am away with my wife there is no Problem, since we do have just one common account.
    Both of my parents had jobs, and they kept their income apart and shared expenses so that my mother could do what she wanted without having to ask my father for money. I believe my father took a greater part of the expenses, as he most likely earned more money than she did. Money was never an issue that I was aware of. They had a very untraditional view on money, maybe that's why I feel comfortable taking my share of costs.
  8. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Feb '17 15:54
    Originally posted by Ponderable

My wife and I have just the one shared account. (Excluding the two she doesn't know about).
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    25 Feb '17 23:04
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    My wife and I have just the one shared account. (Excluding the two she doesn't know about).
    ... and the three you don't know about! 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree