General Forum

General Forum

  1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52774
    12 Dec '17 18:101 edit
    http://www.sciencealert.com/people-who-pick-up-grammar-mistakes-jerks-scientists-find?perpetual=yes&limitstart=1

    Come on, who is going to castigate me for calling it Grammer? My OWN Grammer never did🙂
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10317
    12 Dec '17 18:15
    Nazi's = Nazi is

    You don't need the '
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Dukeonline
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    10593
    12 Dec '17 18:28
    Originally posted by @trev33
    Nazi's = Nazi is

    You don't need the '
    I think you forgot the full stop.
  4. Account suspended
    Joined
    10 Dec '11
    Moves
    143494
    12 Dec '17 18:291 edit
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    http://www.sciencealert.com/people-who-pick-up-grammar-mistakes-jerks-scientists-find?perpetual=yes&limitstart=1

    Come on, who is going to castigate me for calling it Grammer? My OWN Grammer never did🙂
    Music for my ears.
    Reveal Hidden Content
    Now I only have to find my way how to emigrate on the West. Soon Ia am taking course in cooking or/and pastry making. New Zealand, wait for me!
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52774
    12 Dec '17 18:291 edit
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    I think you forgot the full stop.
    🙂 I rest my cass🙂
  6. Account suspended
    Joined
    10 Dec '11
    Moves
    143494
    12 Dec '17 18:31
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    I think you forgot the full stop.
    YouTube
    😀
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10317
    12 Dec '17 18:41
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    I think you forgot the full stop.
    😉
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Dukeonline
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    10593
    12 Dec '17 18:44
    Originally posted by @trev33
    😉
    😛
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    12 Dec '17 18:45
    Nazi should be capitalised in the thread title.



    Brought to you by the Official Grammar Police
    (Accept no imitation.)
  10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    12 Dec '17 19:45
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    http://www.sciencealert.com/people-who-pick-up-grammar-mistakes-jerks-scientists-find?perpetual=yes&limitstart=1

    Come on, who is going to castigate me for calling it Grammer? My OWN Grammer never did🙂
    Grammar mistakes can destroy your credibility as a writer.

    So, who's worse. the "grammer nazi" or the negligent writer?
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    12 Dec '17 20:00
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    Grammar mistakes can destroy your credibility as a writer.

    So, who's worse. the "grammer nazi" or the negligent writer?
    Negligent writer. definition. Someone whose grammar is worse than mine.

    Grammar Nazi. definition. Someone whose grammar is better than mine.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52774
    12 Dec '17 20:38
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Negligent writer. definition. Someone whose grammar is worse than mine.

    Grammar Nazi. definition. Someone whose grammar is better than mine.
    Yeah but would your grammer say that too? Is she even still alive?
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    12 Dec '17 21:00
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Nazi should be capitalised in the thread title.



    Brought to you by the Official Grammar Police
    (Accept no imitation.)
    The word “actually” is both misplaced and unnecessary.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Dukeonline
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    10593
    12 Dec '17 21:06
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Nazi should be capitalised in the thread title.



    Brought to you by the Official Grammar Police
    (Accept no imitation.)
    If parentheses or brackets are used at the end of a sentence, the period should be placed outside, as the final punctuation.
  15. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Joined
    31 May '12
    Moves
    2365
    12 Dec '17 21:191 edit
    Consult the article linked below regarding capitalization after colons.

    http://data.grammarbook.com/blog/commas/capitalization-with-colons/
Back to Top