14 Mar '20 09:521 edit
    @kiki46

My sympathies to you and your family.
  2. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    14 Mar '20 10:31
    @kiki46 said
    My brother Bob Anderson (Grampy Bobby) passed away March 10th in Birmingham Al. He greatly enjoyed his time on RHP meeting new people from all over the world and sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ with them. He is now with his Savior and reunited with his wife Evelyn and many members of his family and friends. He would like to be remembered as a friendly caring person who was very concerned about the salvation of others. Ken Anderson (Kiki 46).
    Be well, kind stranger.
    I'd never the pleasure of interacting with your brother, but have enjoyed reading many of his posts.

He was a prime-mover in these forums.
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    14 Mar '20 16:52
    @kiki46 said
    My brother Bob Anderson (Grampy Bobby) passed away March 10th in Birmingham Al. He greatly enjoyed his time on RHP meeting new people from all over the world and sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ with them. He is now with his Savior and reunited with his wife Evelyn and many members of his family and friends. He would like to be remembered as a friendly caring person who was very concerned about the salvation of others. Ken Anderson (Kiki 46).
    So sorry to hear of his passing. We spoke on many occasions and many of us were concerned when he "disappeared". My sincere condolences to you and the rest of your family. He was and will continue to be missed. We do, however, still have the chance to partake in some of his ongoing threads. RIP Grampy Bobby.
  4. Gothenburg
    Moves
    14 Mar '20 17:09
    @great-big-stees said
    So sorry to hear of his passing. We spoke on many occasions and many of us were concerned when he "disappeared". My sincere condolences to you and the rest of your family. He was and will continue to be missed. We do, however, still have the chance to partake in some of his ongoing threads. RIP Grampy Bobby.
    You two seemed good friends. What I liked about Grampy Bobby is that he stood out. When people do that, we miss them when they disappear.
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    14 Mar '20 17:27
    @torunn said
    You two seemed good friends. What I liked about Grampy Bobby is that he stood out. When people do that, we miss them when they disappear.
    He was often provocative and as such got things moving in the threads and like life "you" will never be liked or like everyone but you can listen to others opinions and discuss. I like to think that yes we were good friends though I can tell you that we didn't always agree on certain topics.
  6. Gothenburg
    Moves
    14 Mar '20 17:35

Removed by poster

7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Mar '20 18:12
    @kiki46
    I typed back and forth to Grampy for years, I tried to find out what happened to no avail. So sorry for the loss of your dear brother, he is missed here also.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Mar '20 18:141 edit
    @divegeester
    Notice the first responder was Mikelom, also RIP, a friend of mine who lived in.Thailand and a great guitarist.
  9. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    14 Mar '20 18:25
    I wonder how many we've lost but will never know
    one less chess player
    one less poster
    you stay in our memories for about a minute
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Mar '20 19:38
    @lemondrop said
    I wonder how many we've lost but will never know
    one less chess player
    one less poster
    you stay in our memories for about a minute
    But Bob endures, whether your opinion of him is good or bad.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Mar '20 19:40
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I guess someone had to say it.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Mar '20 20:06
    @suzianne said
    I guess someone had to say it.
    It crossed my mind earlier but something deep inside said “don’t do it you’re not a douche, leave it to Kegge he is a douche”.

So I did.
  13. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    14 Mar '20 21:34
    @hakima said
    “ No man is an island entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main; if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as any manner of thy friends or of thine own were; any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind.”

Grampy Bobby, whether one was endeared or annoyed by him, cont ...[text shortened]...
    I send my very deep condolences to his brother, Ken and all of Bob’s family to whom he was devoted.
    Yes, a thousand times, and times a thousand more . .
  14. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    14 Mar '20 21:49
    @kiki46

Thank you for letting us know. May he rest in peace 💐
  15. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    14 Mar '20 22:49
    Bobby and I were never friends but I agree that he left an indelible mark on the forums.

May he rest in peace.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree