1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Mar '14 11:05
    .....is not what this thread is about.

Instead, I would like some helpful tips on how to grow a good lawn this year. Any suggestions? So what do people do? Do you fertilize? Is aeration a hoax? What about weed control? What is the cheapest most effective method?

Sorry about the tease, but I need input here!! 😠
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    23 Mar '14 11:10
    Originally posted by whodey

Instead, I would like some helpful tips on how to grow a good lawn this year. Any suggestions? So what do people do? Do you fertilize? Is aeration a hoax? What about weed control? What is the cheapest most effective method?

Hire someone to do it for you.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Mar '14 12:17
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Hire someone to do it for you.
    I'll pay you a nickel.

😀

It's about all I've got to spend on my lawn. Just wanted some cheap solutions is all.
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    23 Mar '14 12:20
    I'll pay you a nickel.

😀

It's about all I've got to spend on my lawn. Just wanted some cheap solutions is all.
    Then I say invest it in a penny stock and wait/hope that it takes off and in the meantime live with the lawn you've got.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Mar '14 12:29

rake out all the thatch(dead dried grass) gently fork it about 3 inches in a row all over lawn may help if you water before forking(makes it easier)when dry apply 1 coat weed and feed cost about £5.00 to cover 80m2 leave for a few days and hope for rain,no rain then water in keep your mower set at medium if its set low it scalps the grass if its set high it allows it to become damp allowing moss to take over....good luck
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Mar '14 12:52
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Then I say invest it in a penny stock and wait/hope that it takes off and in the meantime live with the lawn you've got.
    😠
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Mar '14 12:53
    Originally posted by redbarons
    rake out all the thatch(dead dried grass) gently fork it about 3 inches in a row all over lawn may help if you water before forking(makes it easier)when dry apply 1 coat weed and feed cost about £5.00 to cover 80m2 leave for a few days and hope for rain,no rain then water in keep your mower set at medium if its set low it scalps the grass if its set high it allows it to become damp allowing moss to take over....good luck
    Thanks for the feed back!

Now be honest, would you have responded without the title to this thread?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Mar '14 13:08
    Thanks for the feed back!

Now be honest, would you have responded without the title to this thread?
    to be honest I am trying to sort my front lawn out because I want to sell up so I bought a little book on lawns ( I am a boring git).
  9. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    23 Mar '14 13:261 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Mar '14 13:37
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I am a male lesbian and prefer a ladies garden to anything else.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Mar '14 13:57
    Originally posted by redbarons
    I am a male lesbian and prefer a ladies garden to anything else.
    Don't worry, in spite of your sexual disability we still love you🙂
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Mar '14 14:43
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Don't worry, in spite of your sexual disability we still love you🙂
    Transgender not disability you mean chespraxis
  13. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Mar '14 16:40

I read somewhere that lawns were better under Republican presidents.
  14. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    23 Mar '14 17:14

I allow a whole group of lesbians to have constant sex on my lawn during the month of March. My lawn always comes out immaculate. Something about what they do really works that sod into the soil. 🙂
  15. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    23 Mar '14 18:18

Fertilizing and overseeding is the easiest (and probably the most effective) way of getting a great looking lawn. Most people know about fertilizing so I won't get into that. About once a week spread grass seed evenly over your lawn and then water your lawn. Doesn't take very long, do this once a week for a few weeks and before you know it you'll be cursing me because of all the time you're spending cutting the grass... but you'll be spending less time weeding, because the grass will actually crowd out the weeds.

Always water your lawn after seeding or fertilizing.

By the way, I almost skipped passed this thread because of the title. 😕

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree