1. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    03 Sep '13 17:11
    the time I can't remember were I put the other half.
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    03 Sep '13 22:34
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    the time I can't remember were I put the other half.
    This one's the WINNAH!
  3. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    04 Sep '13 01:06
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "... 'below' in what regard?"
    Below sea level.

Obviously.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Sep '13 01:15
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    Below sea level.

Obviously.
    ... "sea level" or mediocrity?
  5. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    04 Sep '13 03:29
    ... "sea level" or mediocrity?
    Sea sounds like C as in school grades, below C level is below average.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Sep '13 03:34
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis

Sea sounds like C as in school grades, below C level is below average.
    "the time I can't remember were I put the other half."
    "This one's the WINNAH!" (Kewpie)

2nd or 3rd Place maybe; we'll have to wait for the announcement.
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    04 Sep '13 11:55
    "the time I can't remember were I put the other half."
    "This one's the WINNAH!" (Kewpie)

2nd or 3rd Place maybe; we'll have to wait for the announcement.
    I had no idea it was a contest...or exam. Oh by the way, I found the second half but now I've misplaced the first.:'(

Seemingly a vicious circle.
  8. rural North Dakota
    Moves
    04 Sep '13 15:25
    I have suddenly realized that all those loaves of bread get moldy if they are not eaten within a reasonable length of time. In fact, I have been finding moldy (ok...MOULDY) things in my frig lately. This comes from the fact that mr. ale is getting even more finicky about his food in his antiquity than he was when I married him. Which says a lot. So in an effort to please his waning appetite, I frequently change to a different menu. The freezer is now bulging with leftovers, and the frig is packed, too. I often send supper home with my cleaning lady and handyman to alleviate the problem. Any suggestions?
  9. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    04 Sep '13 15:33
    Originally posted by ale1552
    I have suddenly realized that all those loaves of bread get moldy if they are not eaten within a reasonable length of time. In fact, I have been finding moldy (ok...MOULDY) things in my frig lately. This comes from the fact that mr. ale is getting even more finicky about his food in his antiquity than he was when I married him. Which says a lot. So in an ...[text shortened]... send supper home with my cleaning lady and handyman to alleviate the problem. Any suggestions?
    Open a soup kitchen...if there's a need although I seem to remember that there are all kinds of good paying jobs out that way so maybe, if your place is big enough you could open up a B&B instaed and make some extra cash. Sounds as though there'd be lots of food.
  10. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    04 Sep '13 15:43
    I have suddenly realized that all those loaves of bread get moldy if they are not eaten within a reasonable length of time. In fact, I have been finding moldy (ok...MOULDY) things in my frig lately. This comes from the fact that mr. ale is getting even more finicky about his food in his antiquity than he was when I married him. Which says a lot. So in an ...[text shortened]... send supper home with my cleaning lady and handyman to alleviate the problem. Any suggestions?
    No suggestions, just showing my admiration. 🙂
  11. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    04 Sep '13 22:37
    Bread freezes very well. If it's sliced bread, you can put it in the toaster right from frozen (or you could slice it before freezing). I put it in aluminium foil out of habit but you can probably use polythene bags. Of course, "all these loaves of bread" may suggest you have too many to fit in your freezer...

Although I'm a toast person through and through, so don't take this as certain, I think it defrosts without getting soggy. But I would make sure of that with one slice first.

I've just reread the question and it seems your freezer is full. It's a difficult problem and I can't think of a solution, at least for now.
  12. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    04 Sep '13 23:00
    Dry the bread and make breadcrumbs. They will take up a lot less space. Give away if no other use occurs.

http://www.finecooking.com/item/5111/breadcrumbs

http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/taste/41428657.html
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    05 Sep '13 01:59
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Half of the people you know are below average.
    "Lies, damned lies and statistics"

Did you know:

Most people have more than the average number of legs.
  14. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    05 Sep '13 05:14
    I had no idea it was a contest...or exam. Oh by the way, I found the second half but now I've misplaced the first.:'(

Seemingly a vicious circle.
    It didn't start out as a contest, but when I saw your post I just knew it couldn't be bettered. 😀
  15. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    05 Sep '13 09:59
    Half of what I say is meaningless
    But I say it just to reach you, Julia

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree