1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jan '20 10:53
    @divegeester said
    I think it is multi-factorial.

The mood in the UK is increasingly for a scaled back civil list and to focus more on the the core Royal Family who are ruling and those in waiting to rule. Harry & Megan will never rule of course and I think they just don't want to be portrayed as the hangers-on or also-rans.

The press are into them because there is a readership buck in attacking them - from those in the UK such as @badradger who read those editorials.
    Dive I have been Anti Royal all my adult life I am a fully paid up member of Momentum and the Labour party, I dont need any scum newspapers to alter my perspective of the royal family and its poisonous activities.
  2. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    21 Jan '20 11:02
    @torunn said
    I haven't followed what has been said and written about this couple, they don't get that much attention here. Why do so many people assume she is no good?
    Prior to Meghan the focus was on Prince William’s sister in law Pippa Middleton; who she was dating, shots of her bum in jeans, her wedding and even her granny’s recipe for marrow chutney!

The voyeuristic press have always pursued Harry and his ex girlfriends. Then he marries a very beautiful older woman, she doesn’t have white skin, she’s divorced, she’s intelligent, a feminist, independent ~ the complete opposite to his mother Diana. She broke with tradition and wanted a yoga studio built at Frogmore Cottage for God’s sake !😯 They made a very attractive, interesting couple and in spite of the good things they were doing the media focused more on the supposed distancing between Harry and William and their wives. As if growing families were ever meant to live in each other’s pockets?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Jan '20 11:29
    @badradger said
    Dive I have been Anti Royal all my adult life I am a fully paid up member of Momentum and the Labour party, I dont need any scum newspapers to alter my perspective of the royal family and its poisonous activities.
    Thank you for keeping me updated.
  4. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    21 Jan '20 11:30
    @badradger said
    Strange isn’t it? I’ve always accepted them as I never heard anything said against them in my home as I grew up. My father’s parents fled Russia during the revolution and he was then born in Poland in 1919, some months after the Russian Royal Family were all shot.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Jan '20 11:531 edit
    @drewnogal said
    Strange isn’t it? I’ve always accepted them as I never heard anything said against them in my home as I grew up. My father’s parents fled Russia during the revolution and he was then born in Poland in 1919, some months after the Russian Royal Family were all shot.
    I am not a "Royalist" but I am a "Monarchist".

I define the difference as the former word being associated with scrutinising those on the list, their roles, lifestyle and cost... and the latter word as being the historic heritage of the institution and it's commercial and emotional contribution to Great Britain and where appropriate, the Commonwealth.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    22 Jan '20 10:09
    @divegeester said
    I am not a "Royalist" but I am a "Monarchist".

I define the difference as
    Nobody gives a $h1t how you choose to define already well-defined words.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jan '20 12:29

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jan '20 12:30
    @wolfgang59 said
    in a fecking nut shell Dive is a verbose little man.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jan '20 14:56
    @wolfgang59 said
    You've only been back a few hours and you seem upset already.

How did the issue with the house servants turn out over their Christmas bonus for cleaning up your crap?
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Jan '20 12:392 edits
    Actually the thread started out about Harry & Megan then took a bunch of different paths.

-VR
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    23 Jan '20 19:24
    @divegeester said
    How did the issue with the house servants turn out over their Christmas bonus for cleaning up your crap?
    Is that the smell of the disappointment of underachievement,
    the failure of dreams and the bitterness of envy?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jan '20 19:38
    @wolfgang59 said
    Is that the smell of the disappointment of underachievement,
    the failure of dreams and the bitterness of envy?
    No, it’s the smell of insightful observation which crawls under your skin and draws out the hate.
  13. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    23 Jan '20 20:51
    Let me see here...

There is a lead story on Drudge that Harry and Megan *may* get a $50 million book deal!! and then there is an expected deal with Disney. 😵 😵

And these weasels are trying to get Canada to pay for their security??

White privilege, INDEED!
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Jan '20 21:431 edit
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Let me see here...

There is a lead story on Drudge that Harry and Megan *may* get a $50 million book deal!! and then there is an expected deal with Disney. 😵 😵

And these weasels are trying to get Canada to pay for their security??

White privilege, INDEED!
    From what source did you hear they were trying to get Canada to pay for their security?

-VR
  15. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Jan '20 21:47
    @very-rusty said
    From what source did you hear they were trying to get Canada to pay for their security?

-VR
    His imagination.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree