1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 04:30
    Just got laid off, life change. Sucks actually but this too will pass, I hope.
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 04:44
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Take it easy Sonhouse - time for the family to help you out.

Wish you well.
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 06:171 edit
    All the best for you and your loved ones.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 06:371 edit
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Take it easy Sonhouse - time for the family to help you out.

Wish you well.
    Nobody will help, up to me, just have to find new work. One thing, I want to try studio musician work if I can find such for acoustic guitar or mandolin.
    Wife and I also play folk music, may look into playing (Gag🙂 religious music in old folks homes, they pay pretty good for folk music and there are a LOT of old folks homes!
    Thanks for the kind words.
  5. Gothenburg
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 07:51
    Nobody will help, up to me, just have to find new work. One thing, I want to try studio musician work if I can find such for acoustic guitar or mandolin.
    Wife and I also play folk music, may look into playing (Gag🙂 religious music in old folks homes, they pay pretty good for folk music and there are a LOT of old folks homes!
    Thanks for the kind words.
    Good luck, sonhouse.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 09:21
    Chin up sir.
  7. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 11:33
    Hope thinks work out for you Sonhouse.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 14:13
    Originally posted by @drewnogal
    Hope thinks work out for you Sonhouse.
    I thinks it will🙂
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 14:28
    I've been there and I know it feels awful at first. But the best thing that ever happened to me careerwise was that the company I worked for went belly up, which forced me to go freelance. Cleared up my gastritis right away. I now work 12 weeks a year instead of 48 weeks, make the same money, and my self-esteem improved 100%. You may have to weather a rough year or two until you find the right gig. It gets better, you just have to have faith in your own abilities.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 14:34
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    I've been there and I know it feels awful at first. But the best thing that ever happened to me careerwise was that the company I worked for went belly up, which forced me to go freelance. Cleared up my gastritis right away. I now work 12 weeks a year instead of 48 weeks, make the same money, and my self-esteem improved 100%. You may have to weather a rough ...[text shortened]... until you find the right gig. It gets better, you just have to have faith in your own abilities.
    Sounds like you made out ok. What was your field? My thing is semiconductor tools, ion implanters, sputtering machines, RF etch, vacuum troubleshooting and the like.
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 15:40
    Good luck in your quest sonhouse but like has been said, sometimes this kind of thing leads to "bigger and better" things. My thoughts are with you and you family.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 15:51
    Sorry to hear that so House and the very best finding something new. Not sure why this means you can be here though; after all we a family of sorts...
  13. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 16:31
    Sounds like you made out ok. What was your field? My thing is semiconductor tools, ion implanters, sputtering machines, RF etch, vacuum troubleshooting and the like.
    My field was and still is configuring Cisco routers and switches. Maybe not quite as specialized as yours. Don't give up. Somebody out there needs your kind of expertise, education, and experience. Whatever you did before, the company you worked for surely did not manufacture everything from raw ore; they must have purchased either components or information services from someone else. Think about consulting in one of those related sectors, since you know exactly where those components will end up which you used to work on. For example.
  14. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 16:46
    Good luck! They can't keep a good man down.
  15. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 21:23
    Best wishes sonhouse

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree