1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '21 15:15
    Pancake mix I can understand, I've never bought it and will never buy it but the dumbest one is packaged mashed potato, who is buying this stuff and why is it available? People are selfish, lazy and stupid. The more I get to know the human population the more I hate them, give the planet back to the dinosaurs.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '21 15:21
    @trev33 said
    the dumbest one is packaged mashed potato, who is buying this stuff and why is it available?
    For campers, astronauts, and the people in the adverts for it.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '21 15:26
    @trev33 said
    The more I get to know the human population the more I hate them, give the planet back to the dinosaurs.
    The longer I've been away from Britain, the more optimistic and positive my perspective has been. I've now spent 52% of my life in countries other than Britain.
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '21 16:27
    @fmf said
    The longer I've been away from Britain, the more optimistic and positive my perspective has been. I've now spent 52% of my life in countries other than Britain.
    Can you speak the language there? Makes a massive different in getting to know what people are really like.

Will give an example from last night, im staying in an apartment with 3 apartment blocks all close to each other, could hear music coming from one of the middle blocks until about 2am last night, now if I can hear it think about the people in the same building. But they don't care and is completely a Colombian thing, another example from the packed beach yesterday, family arrives and sits beside me, starts playing music, ok it's annoying but it's the beach, it's what they do but then they all go into the sea leaving the music on? Maybe I was just brought up to be aware that im not the only person in the planet and it's nice to be respectful towards people.

People in Thailand have a reputation of bring humble and nice people but why don't they have many big wild animals left?

You know, India has a reputation of being dirty and overpopulated, which it is in places but they also have many beautiful national parks where animals are left alone to do their thing. It's quite remarkable they've been able to keep hold of that as the population raises.

We live in a society that has manufactured poverty through greed, look at the middle east, one of the richest areas in the world but still underpays mostly the south Indian workforce that has built the place. Football world cup in Qatar in a humanitarian disaster and a fine example of bribery in the world.

Since we started on the wasteful topic, in 2008 I travelled up and south S. America, in a bus in Ecuador there was a sign, it translated as 'keep our bus tidy and throw your rubbish out of the window'. I think that says it all really. I stayed in a place in Malaysia a few hundred meters from the sea beside the river, the beavers had made a little dam and the amount of plastic bottles that would get stuck there and just float around the river was unbelievable. I spent a morning clearing a lot of them away, a couple of days later a lot of new ones had appeared. How hard is it to depose of something properly? Maybe hard enough Google brittish carbage ipoh malaysia.
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '21 16:29
    @fmf said
    For campers, astronauts, and the people in the adverts for it.
    They use powered mash potatoes not premashed in a plastic container.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Feb '21 04:22
    @trev33 said
    Will give an example from last night, im staying in an apartment with 3 apartment blocks all close to each other, could hear music coming from one of the middle blocks until about 2am last night, now if I can hear it think about the people in the same building. But they don't care and is completely a Colombian thing
    Are you still marooned out there, or there by choice now?
  7. Joined
    13 Feb '21
    Moves
    16 Feb '21 04:41
    Bottled water is dumber.
    Pancake mix is for convenience and saving time.
    Who wants to spend time measuring ingredients just for a smelly pancake?
    If I'm spending time in the kitchen it is for meat and potatoes with veggies.
    Meat is essential for health and too much of anything is unhealthy.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Feb '21 05:19
    @phil-a-dork said
    Bottled water is dumber.
    Is it?

Bottled water is a very important commodity where I live.
  9. Joined
    13 Feb '21
    Moves
    16 Feb '21 05:21
    Bad water?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Feb '21 05:25
    @trev33 said
    Can you speak the language there? Makes a massive different in getting to know what people are really like.

Will give an example from last night, im staying in an apartment with 3 apartment blocks all close to each other, could hear music coming from one of the middle blocks until about 2am last night, now if I can hear it think about the people in the same building. But t ...[text shortened]... hard is it to depose of something properly? Maybe hard enough Google brittish carbage ipoh malaysia.
    I was talking, I suppose, more about the positivism that goes with spending three decades watching a country develop, address problems [like poverty, access to justice, health services, education for all], throw off a dictatorship, reform itself, and see its middle class grow and so on; warts and all, mind you. As for annoying people etc. we definitely have them here, and there's certainly been a weakening of the glue and assumptions that hold a society together.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Feb '21 05:27
    @phil-a-dork said
    Bad water?
    Not in the bottles, no.
  12. Joined
    13 Feb '21
    Moves
    16 Feb '21 05:30
    LoL
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    16 Feb '21 07:10
    @divegeester said
    Are you still marooned out there, or there by choice now?
    Both?
  14. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    16 Feb '21 07:12
    @fmf said
    I was talking, I suppose, more about the positivism that goes with spending three decades watching a country develop, address problems [like poverty, access to justice, health services, education for all], throw off a dictatorship, reform itself, and see its middle class grow and so on; warts and all, mind you. As for annoying people etc. we definitely have them here, and there's certainly been a weakening of the glue and assumptions that hold a society together.
    Have you ever been to the Philippines? How does it compare to Indonesia?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Feb '21 07:16
    @trev33 said
    Both?
    I had a look on gov.uk and you can fly back as long as you quarantine.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree