General Forum

General Forum

  1. Joined
    21 Nov '14
    Moves
    805
    10 Jan '15 19:18
    Is there a way to see how many players are on-line at any given time? And from which countries? It is my impression that many players are NOT from the West Coast....thanx
  2. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Joined
    19 Apr '10
    Moves
    55013
    10 Jan '15 19:252 edits
    The Players link at the top of the page . Then filter to search online now. The number of players online is at the page bottom left.
  3. Joined
    21 Nov '14
    Moves
    805
    10 Jan '15 19:28
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    The Players link at the top of the page . Then filter to search online now. There isn't a counter though.
    That works..thank you..also if you go to the last page on the bottom right it will tell you how many players are online. It was 338 a minute ago.
  4. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Joined
    19 Apr '10
    Moves
    55013
    10 Jan '15 19:34
    Originally posted by woadman
    That works..thank you..also if you go to the last page on the bottom right it will tell you how many players are online. It was 338 a minute ago.
    I saw that and edited my post. Also, when you select to search online now, it doesn't show players who choose to hide their online status such as myself. But even then it will show players who recently moves, status hidden or not.
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    525906
    11 Jan '15 13:31
    This morning (RHP time) were around 140 online. Now there are about 280.
  6. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Joined
    09 Jun '14
    Moves
    10079
    11 Jan '15 14:20
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    This morning (RHP time) were around 140 online. Now there are about 280.
    So do you think the amount of subs and non subs are increasing or not?
  7. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    525906
    11 Jan '15 18:49
    Originally posted by redbadger
    So do you think the amount of subs and non subs are increasing or not?
    Nothing to do with subscription.

    Now 407 people online (moved in the last 10 Minutes)
  8. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    525906
    14 Jan '15 16:40
    Now 387 players have moved in the last 10 minutes according to the players list, if you look for those online you get 338. So we can assume that the "online list" returns about 20% less than actually have moved. And the ones just looking at the forums or thinking long are excluded.
  9. Standard memberSchlecter
    The King of Board
    Solar System
    Joined
    09 Feb '13
    Moves
    15866
    16 Jan '15 02:31
    how many players are playing??? and how many reading/writing in the forum?
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10313
    16 Jan '15 03:05
    Originally posted by Schlecter
    how many players are playing??? and how many reading/writing in the forum?
    All players are playing.
  11. Standard memberSchlecter
    The King of Board
    Solar System
    Joined
    09 Feb '13
    Moves
    15866
    16 Jan '15 03:291 edit
    Originally posted by Trev33
    All players are playing.
    how many of them playing with chess engines?
    some players are not playing.... so they are in the forum chatting but not cheatting
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10313
    16 Jan '15 03:36
    Originally posted by Schlecter
    how many of them playing with chess engines?
    some players are not playing.... so they are in the forum chatting but not cheatting
    Some people are not players.
  13. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    322100
    16 Jan '15 03:42
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Some people are not players.
    some players are not online.
  14. Standard memberSchlecter
    The King of Board
    Solar System
    Joined
    09 Feb '13
    Moves
    15866
    16 Jan '15 11:47
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    some players are not online.
    and some players online are not GM
  15. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    525906
    16 Jan '15 11:49
    Originally posted by Schlecter
    and some players online are not GM
    quite improbable assertion

    [sarcasm flag]
Back to Top