1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Nov '12 01:08
    ... about renting my spare room out to overseas travellers?
  2. Standard membercadwah
    ¯\_(^.^)_/¯
    Moves
    26 Nov '12 01:15
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    This would be a good first step...

http://bit.ly/WPeCCt
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Nov '12 01:19
    Originally posted by cadwah
    This would be a good first step...

http://bit.ly/WPeCCt
    thanks 🙂
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    26 Nov '12 03:551 edit
    European and US sites aren't much use when you look at the local market. Try starting with http://www.backpackinginaustralia.com/renting_a_room_in_australia.php which tells backpackers where to look.
    "The best place to look is under the share accommodation in the local newspaper. There are hundreds of share accommodation vacancies in every Saturday’s paper.
    Another good way to find a room is to keep a look out on the notice boards at internet cafes and at the hostel. Another avenue to finding a room is by asking your new work mates if they know of anywhere. Often they will know someone looking for a boarder but don’t wish to advertise in the paper."
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Nov '12 07:001 edit
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    European and US sites aren't much use when you look at the local market. Try starting with http://www.backpackinginaustralia.com/renting_a_room_in_australia.php which tells backpackers where to look.
    "The best place to look is under the share accommodation in the local newspaper. There are hundreds of share accommodation vacancies in every Saturday’s paper. ...[text shortened]... Often they will know someone looking for a boarder but don’t wish to advertise in the paper."
    /yeah, but I want to house travellers who will stay a while and then leave. I dont want any locals with all their gear. Backpackers travel light, and I'm sure the spot I have hear would be a nice kickback for someone looking for a bit a stress relief.
    You can watch the sun rise over the ocean everday. It's my haven and I wish to share it temporarily with non-locals.

I had trouble with the first site recomended,I'll check the next one....
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    26 Nov '12 07:561 edit
    "Another good way to find a room is to keep a look out on the notice boards at internet cafes and at the hostel."

I'm thinking about the places around Fitzroy Street (Melbourne), there are several backpacker hostels there and at least a couple of internet cafes. There must be a similar cluster in your city. Travel-light, money-saving backpackers are your obvious market, and community noticeboards would be heavily used because they're looking for travel companions as well as cheap accommodation. If you're anywhere near a tertiary institution, they have notice boards and students often have homes elsewhere where they keep all their stuff, just want somewhere to crash on weeknights.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Nov '12 01:20
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    "Another good way to find a room is to keep a look out on the notice boards at internet cafes and at the hostel."

I'm thinking about the places around Fitzroy Street (Melbourne), there are several backpacker hostels there and at least a couple of internet cafes. There must be a similar cluster in your city. Travel-light, money-saving backpackers are your ...[text shortened]... omes elsewhere where they keep all their stuff, just want somewhere to crash on weeknights.
    Thank you. I believe you have given me a good idea. While the uni folk in Brissy are more bland than in Melbourne , we are talking travellers/backpackers here.
    I dont know if you noticed , but when you travel, you tend to run into other travellers. You seem to exude a certain vibe (and often meet in backpackers cafes of course), but when I was travelling (for many years when I was younger), I always ran into people from all over the world.
    Europe was excellent,but it's a bit pricey now, however a European backpacker could afford 50bucks rent a week,I'm assuming.
  8. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    29 Nov '12 10:43
    /yeah, but I want to house travellers who will stay a while and then leave. I dont want any locals with all their gear. Backpackers travel light, and I'm sure the spot I have hear would be a nice kickback for someone looking for a bit a stress relief.
    You can watch the sun rise over the ocean everday. It's my haven and I wish to share it temporarily with non-locals.

I had trouble with the first site recomended,I'll check the next one....
    do you provide...ahem......extras? 😉
  9. DISCO!
    Moves
    30 Nov '12 11:14
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    How's the bike? (and of course your good lady).

(little things please little minds, but that was comedy gold and three employers later, still gets the laughs).
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Dec '12 22:422 edits
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    Extras? what the hell am I? the Red Cross? I'll rent you a cheap room by the beach. What more do ya want?
  11. Playing with matches
    Moves
    01 Dec '12 22:53
    Extras? what the hell am I? the Red Cross? I'll rent you a cheap room by the beach. What more do ya want?
    Blowjob?
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Dec '12 22:56
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    Blowjob?
    I can point you to a few places....
    I'm over it.
    Now I just like to read dirty comments from you. I've evolved 😕
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Dec '12 14:38
    http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090706223920AA5JdPX

🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree