how would you prefer to die?

how would you prefer to die?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Braunfels, Texas

Moves
24 Oct 17

Originally posted by @lemondrop
if I could script my ending
it would be watching an ocean wave
falling asleep
the end
That is actually rather nice and well said. Thumbs up.

Latvian Trickster

Krell lab

Moves
24 Oct 17

Originally posted by @caissad4
Last November I had a heart attack. I was just standing in my kitchen making a cup of tea and felt light headed (no pain at all) and awoke an hour lying on the floor. Had an interesting and peaceful OOB experience. Had it not been for the 2 fractured ribs I received when falling I would not have gone to the hospital 2 days later. Just did not seem like a heart attack. No pain until after the bypass surgery.
I guess going quietly has it merits.
Nearly a year passed, I hope you are feeling well now.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
24 Oct 17

Originally posted by @velns
Nearly a year passed, I hope you are feeling well now.
Doing fine. Thank You.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
24 Oct 17
2 edits

Originally posted by @great-big-stees
Really? Those things have never crossed my mind and I am in my 7th decade.

Edit: What I do ponder is whether or not I still have some scotch left. Gotta go check.
You seriously never think about your death?
You are in for one hell of a surprise party! 😉

F

Moves
24 Oct 17

Originally posted by @drewnogal
His wake will be held a few hours before he is hit by the bus? 😲

Gothenburg

Moves
24 Oct 17

Originally posted by @fmf
His wake will be held a few hours before he is hit by the bus? 😲
A close friend of mine had a very aggressive form of breast cancer and was very ill. She decided that if she survived, she would gather all of her family and all her friends to 'a celebration of life'. And she did and we were all there. This was many years ago and she is still well, and I'll be seeing her today.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
24 Oct 17

Originally posted by @torunn
A close friend of mine had a very aggressive form of breast cancer and was very ill. She decided that if she survived, she would gather all of her family and all her friends to 'a celebration of life'. And she did and we were all there. This was many years ago and she is still well, and I'll be seeing her today.
That is a lovely story. Enjoy your day together.

Gothenburg

Moves
24 Oct 17

That is a lovely story. Enjoy your day together.
Thank you, Drew - she is a good friend and her husband too.

Moves
24 Oct 17

Death is inevitable so why think of it, aside from making sure all your ducks are in a row. Life is too short to waste much time on it.
I LOVE surprise parties.

Gothenburg

Moves
24 Oct 17

Originally posted by @great-big-stees
Death is inevitable so why think of it, aside from making sure all your ducks are in a row. Life is too short to waste much time on it.
I LOVE surprise parties.
I don't feel that thinking about death is a waste of time - it puts living in perspective.

Read a book!

Moves
24 Oct 17

I don't feel that thinking about death is a waste of time - it puts living in perspective.
Death is nature's way of telling you to slow down.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
24 Oct 17

I attended a pre-retirement course provided by my employer. It was very useful and made me consider my needs for what will be the last quarter /third of my life going by the age that my mother died. Retirement involves more free time and that can involve more expenses compared to working so I've had to plan the best way to use my pension. I've also written a will.

Gothenburg

Moves
24 Oct 17
1 edit

I attended a pre-retirement course provided by my employer. It was very useful and made me consider my needs for what will be the last quarter /third of my life going by the age that my mother died. Retirement involves more free time and that can involve more expenses compared to working so I've had to plan the best way to use my pension. I've also written a will.
Well done with both retirement plans and your will. I have made a will also and that, together with the conversation I once had with a friend here, have put my mind at rest.

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
24 Oct 17

as I near the life expectancy for my gender
periods of depression usually follow the death of a close friend
and the thought of my demise preoccupies my thoughts for a time
I've had friends and relatives die a dignified and peaceful death
others in pain and confusion
I watched my father die, a painful death but with dignity
before lapsing into a coma he was laughing as he recalled a humorous episode in his life
so what I am saying is that when death comes for you maybe you can laugh too

Read a book!

Moves
25 Oct 17

You needn't use your mother's lifetime as a yardstick, especially if she died young.
Average out the lives of your four grandparents and add 7 (for the improvements
in medical science since then). I see you as a future octogenarian. 🙂