1. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    06 Nov '14 07:16
    I was on my way to work this evening in heavy rain when a vehicle began to tailgating my car (less than 20 feet back). Since it was raining I maintained my speed and wondered just what kind of a fool would do this on an almost empty road. Then a spotlight was aimed at the inside of my car and I was blinded for a few seconds. Figuring it was probably some drunk brain-dead redneck I adjusted my mirrors and gave a one-finger wave. Suddenly a set of flashing lights were behind me. Oh crap, it's a cop ! I started to pull over when he turned on his loudspeaker and told me I was going too slow and that was dangerous. My speed was 45MPH which is the minimum speed for DRY road conditions on that highway. He rode past me. Unfortunately I could only see that it was an SUV type of police car. I have never encountered a greater display of stupidity by the San Antonio Police Dept. in my 40+ years of driving here. 🙄🙄🙄
  2. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    06 Nov '14 08:45
    Originally posted by caissad4
    San Antonio
    That explains it all.
  3. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    06 Nov '14 09:09
    Originally posted by Seitse
    That explains it all.
    Indeed it does.
  4. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    06 Nov '14 15:51
    Why, you saucey minx...

oh, wait.
  5. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    06 Nov '14 15:57
    It was before you knew it was a cop. That's disappointing.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Nov '14 18:131 edit
    I was on my way to work this evening in heavy rain when a vehicle began to tailgating my car (less than 20 feet back). Since it was raining I maintained my speed and wondered just what kind of a fool would do this on an almost empty road. Then a spotlight was aimed at the inside of my car and I was blinded for a few seconds. Figuring it was probably some dr ...[text shortened]... r display of stupidity by the San Antonio Police Dept. in my 40+ years of driving here. 🙄🙄🙄
    Maybe stop by the San Antonio Police Dept's nearest station seek clarification of the incident so as to avoid further "crap".
  7. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    06 Nov '14 20:21
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Maybe stop by the San Antonio Police Dept's nearest station seek clarification of the incident so as to avoid further "crap".
    She will also be able to find out if it was indeed a police car, with a real policeman inside. Some of the weirdos we hear about pretending to be cops are becoming more sophisticated.
  8. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    06 Nov '14 22:42
    I was on my way to work this evening in heavy rain when a vehicle began to tailgating my car (less than 20 feet back). Since it was raining I maintained my speed and wondered just what kind of a fool would do this on an almost empty road. Then a spotlight was aimed at the inside of my car and I was blinded for a few seconds. Figuring it was probably some dr ...[text shortened]... r display of stupidity by the San Antonio Police Dept. in my 40+ years of driving here. 🙄🙄🙄
    Maybe the cops are stupid but you got a GREAT basketball team!
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    07 Nov '14 00:40
    Good thing he didn't stop you and take your cellphone, right?
  10. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    07 Nov '14 01:44
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    She will also be able to find out if it was indeed a police car, with a real policeman inside. Some of the weirdos we hear about pretending to be cops are becoming more sophisticated.
    That is what the cook at the hotel I work at thought. He is a retired police officer.
  11. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    07 Nov '14 02:30
    That is what the cook at the hotel I work at thought. He is a retired police officer.
    Sad, one day a cop, the next day he's making meth. 😞
  12. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    07 Nov '14 02:382 edits
    The most likely explanation would be that he was (for example) responding to a report and looking for a car that looked like yours with four gang bangers inside. Once he realized your car wasn't the one he was looking for what he should have done was to simply back off or pass you to continue looking. Claiming you were driving too slow was pretty lame... a rookie mistake or someone too proud to let it go. It would have been better for him to take the flipping off, and simply back off and resume his search.
  13. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    07 Nov '14 02:42
    Many times at night I pass by a police car that has pulled someone over for whatever reason. Especially when it has been raining those bright lights that they use on their cars are so blinding it is an unnecessary safety hazard in my opinion. I understand the need for lights but why the heck do they have to be like looking into a thousand camera flashes all at once. I am surprised their aren't more accidents when a cop is flickering all that stuff. And a spot light too?

You would think a decent cop would know better. Maybe a cop maybe not. Who knows.
  14. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    07 Nov '14 04:53
    I shot the sheriff
    But did not shoot the deputy
  15. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    07 Nov '14 12:451 edit
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    I shot the sheriff
    But did not shoot the deputy
    I got pulled over by a female cop I was borderline over the limit, she said I looked worried, I replies that I thought she had pulled me for carrying to heavy a load, she said she had pulled me because I had a tail light out and because she wasn't a traffic cop she would let me go, I have never driven under the influence since.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree