1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 May '13 00:14
    Originally posted by Indonesia Phil
    Perhaps that should have been 'In my opinion' the God delusion is pure bunk. In my opinion...if we can accept and come to terms with the fact that there is no god, we might actually start getting somewhere. So let's agree to differ, shall we?
    'Do as I say, not as I do.'

First you say "In my opinion", and then you call "there is no god" a fact.

So which is it, opinion or fact?

Dawkins is just like so many other shysters out there. Make up some weird theory and you will have lots of people calling you 'genius' and giving you their money. You don't even really have to believe it, I don't suppose, as long as you appeal to a significant portion of 'the masses'.
  2. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    13 May '13 05:17
    Fair enough, my humble apologies to all for the inappropriate use of the 'f' word. Funny thing is though, it's not really an opinion either. It's like saying in my opinion there isn't a pink elephant sitting on the roof. Still, I'm not supposed to be talking about this here, so I'm off; good stuff though, nothing like a bit of healthy discussion...
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 May '13 14:48

Fair enough, my humble apologies to all for the inappropriate use of the 'f' word. Funny thing is though, it's not really an opinion either. It's like saying in my opinion there isn't a pink elephant sitting on the roof. Still, I'm not supposed to be talking about this here, so I'm off; good stuff though, nothing like a bit of healthy discussion...
    Phil, let's all agree to give "the 'f' word" an overdue dirt nap. Okay?
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    13 May '13 16:38
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    This site is a steaming turd.
    Said the fly looking for a place to land.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 May '13 17:29
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Phil, let's all agree to give "the 'f' word" an overdue dirt nap. Okay?
    You do realize "the f word" he's talking about is "fact", right?
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 May '13 18:24
    Originally posted by Suzianne

You do realize "the f word" he's talking about is "fact", right?
    Who knows the Mind of Phil: fa, fe, fi, fo, fu, fy, fact, fink, feminism, foe, fum. fyi without even getting into the Latin...
  7. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    13 May '13 23:35
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Who knows the Mind of Phil: fa, fe, fi, fo, fu, fy, fact, fink, feminism, foe, fum. fyi without even getting into the Latin...
    I've been working on that one for years, GB, some days I can't do a thing with it; seems to have a mind of it's own.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    17 May '13 19:18

I've been working on that one for years, GB, some days I can't do a thing with it; seems to have a mind of it's own.
    Some brains suffer temporary or permanent damage causing normal function to be impaired, according to this interesting article with photos. Wordsmith Phil, this may be the correct diagnosis of our losing lifetime struggle with language:

http://www.theglobalmail.org/feature/proof-the-brain-has-a-mind-of-its-own/51/

~o-o~

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree