1. rebel city
    Moves
    08 May '13 13:401 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I base my assumption on my own experience, as I often hear comments from opponents about the lack of female players, whom I rarely come across myself. In addition, it is a fact that there are a lot less female chess masters than males (I don't have the ratio but I should think it is not comparable).
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 May '13 14:34
    This site is in fact empty.
    Firstly, girls and women who play chess are either bitten by ugly stick or not feminine enough or are dykes.
    Secondly, there are not men either; chess players are nerds, limp men, or gay (like men having poodles for pets).
  3. rebel city
    Moves
    08 May '13 16:03
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    Firstly, girls and women who play chess are either bitten by ugly stick or not feminine enough or are dykes.
    Secondly, there are not men either; chess players are nerds, limp men, or gay (like men having poodles for pets).
    How can this site be empty if it is full of limp men, gay and nerdy dykers bitten by an ugly stick?
    I love the image of this exotic population playing chess, worth a painting. 😉
  4. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    08 May '13 16:36
    I never knew sticks could bite; I shall approach them with more caution in future. What's an ugly stick, anyway? Presumably a stick which is ugly. I have to say I've known some very nice looking sticks in my time.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 May '13 17:01
    Originally posted by Indonesia Phil
    I never knew sticks could bite; I shall approach them with more caution in future. What's an ugly stick, anyway? Presumably a stick which is ugly. I have to say I've known some very nice looking sticks in my time.
    I mixed up two idoms
    bitten by ugly socks - idiom coined by Dutch and Danish tourists in Africa (meaning: "Ouch, my socks are so dirty that they are biting me!)
    and
    beaten with the ugly stick - American idiom for moustached nuns.

Sorry, I have learned English as stipendist of a Desmond Tutu Foundation for poor chess players from Non-Alighned countries. Very poor conditions...
  6. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    08 May '13 18:11

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 May '13 18:19
    Hmm...
  8. Joined
    25 Apr '13
    Moves
    08 May '13 18:27
    When i played years ago i made friends with a few women of this site, wife and i actually met some too with there husbands, they hadn't been hit with anything.

I'm a chess player, not a nerd nor limp nor am i gay plus i have a bullmastiff as a pet.

Maybe women refrain from talking is because of the males who want to treat this place as a dating site.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 May '13 21:45
    This is my second challenge I'm going to have to issue. Me and you, one hand behind my back. Then you'll have to redefine the kind of guys that play chess.
    Got it?
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 May '13 21:50
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Hmm...
    Sounds hot,eh?

BTW gals, I just like hanging around ya's. Dye your hair blacker and enjoy a coffee with a 'twin fin'. Makes both of us look good.
    As far as dating is concerned I'm fairly sure I'm not going to meet 'the one', and even if I do she'd be too cool for me.
    Still love the company , though.
  11. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    09 May '13 00:11
    I mixed up two idoms
    bitten by ugly socks - idiom coined by Dutch and Danish tourists in Africa (meaning: "Ouch, my socks are so dirty that they are biting me!)
    and
    beaten with the ugly stick - American idiom for moustached nuns.

Sorry, I have learned English as stipendist of a Desmond Tutu Foundation for poor chess players from Non-Alighned countries. Very poor conditions...
    You write English well enough to submit unfunny posts on the GF. I assume you were joking with your first post??
  12. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    09 May '13 05:02
    Originally posted by Indonesia Phil
    You write English well enough to submit unfunny posts on the GF. I assume you were joking with your first post??
    I figured his tongue was poking out somewhere by his ear, didn't you?
  13. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    09 May '13 09:02
    Yeah I figured so; just wanted confirmation....
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 May '13 14:31
    Have you ever heard of a 'brony'?
  15. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    09 May '13 14:53
    Originally posted by divegeester
    There are no females at RHP.
    There are women here with brains and guys with balls for brains.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree