1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 Dec '12 07:31
    Idea Factory

On the Shipping Dock, ready to deliver for Christmas: IF's brand new line of user friendly toasters. "New & Improved, No Frills Toaster" (Model #001) offers a simple three-way heat setting control: 'Not Burnt'; 'Burnt'; and 'Off' with a retractable cord, competitively priced at $59.95. Deluxe Model #002 also provides our popular "Six (6) Toasting Compartments" feature: Two for narrow bread; Two for average width bread; and Two for wide bread. DM #002 is also available in your choice of four color styles: "Ho-Hum White", "Hottie Pink"; Seville Orange Marmalade; and "Skippy Peanut Butter Brown", all priced at $99.00, except for "Hottie Pink" which was recently increased to $159.00 because of market demand. Cheerful Customer Service Representatives are ready to take your order sixteen hours a day (CSR's need sleep, too). Call before midnight tonight and Shipping is free.

😉
  2. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    11 Dec '12 08:57
    Get your own toaster, put it in your room by the bar fridge, problem solved.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 Dec '12 10:59
    Originally posted by apathist

Get your own toaster, put it in your room by the bar fridge, problem solved.
    "Hello, Mr Aphathist. My name's Cheryl. I'm from 10-OC, near Nashville. May I suggest that you reconsider your decision. Think of the savings (in time and money) to you and your family... no more throwing away burnt bread and cleaning up messes in your kitchen after breakfast. Mister A, I could also offer you a special 15% discount as an RHP Member if your rating is below 1500. Would that help?" "dxfvbjkol;,ujnbnk;l. =-8ygb x7rfb!!!!" "Ok but my extension's #C14U-9 should you change your mind. Bye."
    -
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    11 Dec '12 11:31
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Idea Factory

On the Shipping Dock, ready to deliver for Christmas: IF's brand new line of user friendly toasters. "New & Improved, No Frills Toaster" (Model #001) offers a simple three-way heat setting control: 'Not Burnt'; 'Burnt'; and 'Off' with a retractable cord, competitively priced at $59.95. Deluxe Model #002 also provides our popular " ...[text shortened]... s need sleep, too). Call before midnight tonight and Shipping is free.

😉[/b]
    Did you already apply for a patent on the three way switch?
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 Dec '12 11:47
    Originally posted by Ponderable

Did you already apply for a patent on the three way switch?
    "Top of the Morning, Doctor Ponderable. My name's Ralph. I shall refer you to our technical design department for information regarding your inquiry:

http://electrical.about.com/od/electricaldevices/a/3wayswitchesuse.htm

"Ponder (if I may be so bold as to coin your Idea Factory Nickname), may I seize this opportunity to interest you...
    "2df bhnjkll., xs346s+xc;. 2192;2kv601 /?\=|= hdv8 NO!!!" "Okay, okay. G'day."
    -
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    11 Dec '12 12:20
    "Top of the Morning, Doctor Ponderable. My name's Ralph. I shall refer you to our technical design department for information regarding your inquiry:

http://electrical.about.com/od/electricaldevices/a/3wayswitchesuse.htm

"Ponder (if I may be so [b]bold
    as to coin your Idea Factory Nickname), may I seize this opportunity to interest you...
    "2df bhnjkll., xs346s+xc;. 2192;2kv601 /?\=|= hdv8 NO!!!" "Okay, okay. G'day."
    -[/b]
    actually I know what a three way switch is and have installed some of them (they still do their job )

I wanted details on the threeway switch: burned, brown, off.

It seems like a good idea if you can reproducable manage to make "good" toast 🙂
  7. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    11 Dec '12 12:49
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    actually I know what a three way switch is and have installed some of them (they still do their job )

I wanted details on the threeway switch: burned, brown, off.

It seems like a good idea if you can reproducable manage to make "good" toast 🙂
    Three way switch,

OFF

WARM

CHICAGO FIRE
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 Dec '12 13:171 edit
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Three way switch,

OFF

WARM

CHICAGO FIRE
    mister j o h n n y l o n g w o o d y, long as ralph and i are employed as customer service representatives

@ the idea factory, any and all clever historical references which raise questions about the saftey or function

of our fine household products and (right slash) or which seek to sully the hard won reputation of this

family-owned company will not be tolerated. ~~cheryl's older sister (the one with the l o n g blond hair)
    -
  9. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    11 Dec '12 16:31
    mister j o h n n y l o n g w o o d y, long as ralph and i are employed as customer service representatives

@ the idea factory, any and all clever historical references which raise questions about the saftey or function

of our fine household products and (right slash) or which seek to sully the hard won reputation of this

family-owned company will not be tolerated. ~~cheryl's older sister (the one with the l o n g blond hair)
    -
    I prefer brunettes
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 Dec '12 17:301 edit

I prefer brunettes

Dear Mr. Long:

Thank you for your recent, though misguided, solicitation of interest. While all of us here @ Idea Factory value your account;
    your considerable volume of busines since July, 2007; and the invisible asset of your community good will we regret to inform
    you that such services are not available. Though we carefully researched market possibilities, our Firm's Mission Statement
    and Selling Guidelines; and Terms of Service (legally binding) Customer Policy prevent the company from doing so at this time.

Cordially, Ralphie, Senior and Cheryl's Mother
    (Founders and Co-Ceo's of Idea Factory)

Postscript: Next time do your homework, Wood. We only hire blonds.
    -
  11. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 00:111 edit
    Toasters? I had a toaster for nearly 30 years, it was simple, put bread in, press lever to lower bread and turn on element. Toast popped up, if it was adjusted too high, the toast was done and you wanted to stop it, you pushed the lever up.

My new toaster has electronic interlock safety features. You put bread in, press the lever down, a safety net envelops the toast, so you can't stick something large in it and short it out I presume. Once engaged, you can't push the lever up, it has to go through the timed format before it pops up. The only way to make the toast pop up early is to unplug it. Different breads have different moisture content and don't all toast in the same time.

I accidentally dropped it and was surprised to see a circuit board with different micro switches with tiny links going to the various mechanisms.
    The old baby was 95% metal, the new one is 90% polystyrene 7% cheap aluminum and maybe the rest is steel and electrical parts. 😞

Yeah don't get me started. 🙂
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 00:16
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Toasters? I had a toaster for nearly 30 years, it was simple, put bread in, press lever to lower bread and turn on element. Toast popped up, if it was adjusted too high, the toast was done and you wanted to stop it, you pushed the lever up.

My new toaster has electronic interlock safety features. You put bread in, press the lever down, a safety net en ...[text shortened]... uminum and maybe the rest is steel and electrical parts. 😞

Yeah don't get me started. 🙂
    I am waiting for someone to design a toaster that doesn't need switches because it has an image analyzer that scans the bread, decides what energy to set, monitors the average change in color and when reaching a calculated change, pops it out.
  13. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 00:351 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I am waiting for someone to design a toaster that doesn't need switches because it has an image analyzer that scans the bread, decides what energy to set, monitors the average change in color and when reaching a calculated change, pops it out.
    Do you think my moisture content theory is valid? 😕
    I mean shouldn't all bread toast at the same rate otherwise, beside the contents might not be the same between brands?
    I just want toast, not hot bread or a carbon sample.

😞
    I knew this would get me started, sorry 🙁
  14. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 01:10
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Do you think my moisture content theory is valid? 😕
    I mean shouldn't all bread toast at the same rate otherwise, beside the contents might not be the same between brands?
    I just want toast, not hot bread or a carbon sample.

😞
    I knew this would get me started, sorry 🙁
    CP, I think we will have to send you on a special IT course
    to learn how to use the toaster.

The course will have 15 modules and run for 3 months.

How's that for a waste of tax dollars?
  15. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 01:121 edit
    CP, I think we will have to send you on a special IT course
    to learn how to use the toaster.

The course will have 15 modules and run for 3 months.

How's that for a waste of tax dollars?
    I'm waiting for my new toaster, it has a USB port. Who the heck does my toaster have to talk to? My Roomba vacuum? It's got one too. 😕

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree