1. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 01:39
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    I'm waiting for my new toaster, it has a USB port. Who the heck does my toaster have to talk to? My Roomba vacuum? It's got one too. 😕
    Just think...you will never have to set anything again. Just plug in a flash drive and the toast always comes out just as you want it.
  2. rural North Dakota
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 01:45
    Do you think my moisture content theory is valid? 😕
    I mean shouldn't all bread toast at the same rate otherwise, beside the contents might not be the same between brands?
    I just want toast, not hot bread or a carbon sample.

😞
    I knew this would get me started, sorry 🙁
    Your moisture content theory is absolutely valid. I can't understand why bread that has become a bit moist...usually from being in the freezer and thawed before popping it into the toaster...burns quicker. Mr. ale likes regular bread...wheat or white...and I prefer sourdough. (English muffin bread). His slice will be just right and mine is underdone. Or if mine is just right, his is burnt. Myself...I can eat burnt toast or pale toast. He will tolerate neither! (but then, his tolerance level is extremely low about everything in life). 😛
  3. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 01:46
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Just think...you will never have to set anything again. Just plug in a flash drive and the toast always comes out just as you want it.
    Then when my toaster get a virus or hacked I can post about it here so I can get slagged. How cool it that?
  4. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 01:50

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 01:53
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Push the lever up sometimes boosts it. If it's an old one without the safety features keep it, or sell it to me. 🙂
  6. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 01:54
    Originally posted by ale1552
    Your moisture content theory is absolutely valid. I can't understand why bread that has become a bit moist...usually from being in the freezer and thawed before popping it into the toaster...burns quicker. Mr. ale likes regular bread...wheat or white...and I prefer sourdough. (English muffin bread). His slice will be just right and mine is underdone. Or ...[text shortened]... lerate neither! (but then, his tolerance level is extremely low about everything in life). 😛
    Or a frozen waffle gets burned on the outside and is still cold on the inside. I toast those until golden then microwave them. Waffle iron?? I never could use them. 🙁
  7. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 02:41
    Or a frozen waffle gets burned on the outside and is still cold on the inside. I toast those until golden then microwave them. Waffle iron?? I never could use them. 🙁
    RHT

Red hot toaster

flash drive optional
  8. rural North Dakota
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 04:48
    Oh my dear friend! I make waffles that would melt in your mouth! Wish I could have you over to share some with mr. ale and me.
  9. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 04:53
    Oh my dear friend! I make waffles that would melt in your mouth! Wish I could have you over to share some with mr. ale and me.
    So do I. I haven't had a real waffle in years. 🙂
  10. rural North Dakota
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 05:01
    So do I. I haven't had a real waffle in years. 🙂
    My waffle iron was from a Montgomery Ward catalog. 😀 It must be 50 years old. Maybe that is your problem.
  11. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 05:31
    My waffle iron was from a Montgomery Ward catalog. 😀 It must be 50 years old. Maybe that is your problem.
    I think the hard drive gave out in mine. 🙂
  12. rural North Dakota
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 05:36
    I use the Krusteaz brand of mix, but when my children were small, I made them from scratch. The egg whites were beaten until stiff and then folded into the batter. Once I opened the waffle lid and the cooked waffle floated out onto the counter all by itself! Well, it had stuck to the top, and came loose. But it was quite a sight!
  13. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 06:33
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "Hello, Mr Aphathist. My name's Cheryl. I'm from 10-OC, near Nashville. May I suggest that you reconsider your decision. Think of the savings (in time and money) to you and your family... no more throwing away burnt bread and cleaning up messes in your kitchen after breakfast. Mister A, I could also offer you a special 15% discount as an RHP Member if y ...[text shortened]... =-8ygb x7rfb!!!!" "Ok but my extension's #C14U-9 should you change your mind. Bye."
    -
    You have a nice voice. Spiel me again, but slower, hold on, okay I'm ready now. What?
  14. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 07:022 edits
    My Sister got married recently. I remember my first marriage. Some jackass bought me a "programmable" toaster with 4 extra-wide slots that also accepted thin bread, and would automatically adjust. The programming was slick.... you could choose the exact shade of bread you want, save your preset, and it would remember. The thing was also smart enough to adjust for when you just toasted bread and put more bread in... it would understand that it was already heated up, and deduct the correct amount of toasting time to adjust, so that your bread would come out just the way you like it. Also, the toaster had a heat-absorbing material on the outside of it so that it always remained cool to the touch.

When I received the gift, I scratched my head and thought, "What idiot would ever put so much effort into something as simple as a toaster?" Well, guess what. It was the best gift of all, and I absolutely loved it. I took it to work one time so we could all eat bagels, and everyone raved about how cool the thing was.

I'll never forget that (long gone) toaster, and so, I tried to increase my sister's quality of life too. She was getting a toaster for her wedding gift. The best money could buy! I went to the local Williams & Sonoma store in a ritzy party of town, and plopped down about $200.00 for the finest toaster in the house. It was this mammoth stainless steel thing with 4 slots and all the bells & whistles.

I think I got something like a "gee. thanks." from her in a text message. Yay. 🙁

I guess it was a "me" thing... pffftt... she probably tossed the thing up in the attic to collect dust. Or maybe regifted it.

Heck I even (selfishly) tried to encourage her to use it by buying her $60.00 worth of Wolferman's Bakery English muffins and stuff. The response I got from that one was, "Yeah, I used to buy those all the time at the local bakery I went to a few years ago." And... nothing.

I want reparations!!!!! 😠

*shakes fist and looks upward*

"Dad! I know you're up there! Hey! You!! We're gonna have a nice, long chit-chat when I get up there. You hear? There's a storm comin'!"

🙂
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Dec '12 15:491 edit
    Idea Factory Closing down

"Well, Cupcakes, it's been quite a ride." "Ya, little Ralphie and freckled Cheryl and her sister (you know, with long blond angel hair) dun their best." "True but it makes me cry to be closing our wonderful idea and toaster factory down around Christmas Time." "Big Ralphie, you worked hard and always dun did so good getting all that Santa Stuff and those Hottie Pink Toasters shipped for the lucky people on their special day.... that is, up until you started playing chess and making threads and bumping then in the janitor's closet next door to the back room". "I solly. What could I do to make everybody happy, again, and everything okay?" "Nuttin'." "Tain't nuttin' you or even you know wHo can do now." "Oh,
    -

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree