General Forum

General Forum

  1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    23 Feb '13 07:571 edit
    If You Became King of The World

    If You Became King of The World, what would be your very first order of business? Think King GB would get rid of all
    processed food with package labels containing words he wasn't able to pronounce correctly. How about King You?
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    525906
    23 Feb '13 07:59
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]If You Became King of The World

    If you became king of the world, what would be your very first order of business? Think King GB would get rid of all
    processed food with package labels containing words he wasn't able to pronounce correctly. How about King You?[/b]
    My first move would be to step down.

    It is an inhuman task. People weren't able to rule comparatively samll empires.

    The layers between the "King of teh world" and the ordinary citizen would just do as they please (same as now).
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    23 Feb '13 08:20
    Note: Please read the key noun as gender inclusive, 'If You Became Queen of The World... How about Queen You?'
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12983
    23 Feb '13 08:54
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]If You Became King of The World

    If You Became King of The World, what would be your very first order of business? Think King GB would get rid of all
    processed food with package labels containing words he wasn't able to pronounce correctly. How about King You?[/b]
    My first act would be to replace the lies of evil-lution in school textbooks with the truth of creation and intelligent design.
  5. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Joined
    17 Apr '02
    Moves
    91690
    23 Feb '13 09:20
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Note: Please read the key noun as gender inclusive, 'If You Became Queen of The World... How about Queen You?'
    My first order of business would be to get all the bitches back in the kitchen where they belong. Making me a sandwich.
  6. Subscriberdivegeester
    digital entity
    libera te ex inferis
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88258
    23 Feb '13 09:22
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    ...get rid of all processed food with package labels containing words I wasn't able to pronounce correctly.
    I would get out more if I were you; watch some TV or something at least.
  7. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29872
    23 Feb '13 09:531 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    If You Became King of The World, what would be your very first order of business? Think King GB would get rid of all processed food with package labels containing words he wasn't able to pronounce correctly. How about King You?
    With all the hunger in the world, the issues of food security, farmers' access to water, sky high food prices, polluted land, toxins & pharmaceuticals in the food chain, children with malnutrition etc. I think my very first order of business on the 'food' front would be something to do with the world's actual serious problems rather than attempting to make some sort of self-regarding affected fuddy-duddy navel-gazing gesture about the labelling on processed food.
  8. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    525906
    23 Feb '13 10:12
    Originally posted by FMF
    ..cut... I think my very first order of business on the 'food' front would be something to do with the world's actual serious problems ...cut...
    What exactly would be your first step there?
  9. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29872
    23 Feb '13 10:37
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    What exactly would be your first step there?
    Stuff reaffirming traditional land rights for rural communities, protected access to water originating from land upstream, restrictions on foreign ownership of land used for industrial style food production for export back to the owners' first world market while local [developing world] food security is undermined. Stuff like that.
  10. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29872
    23 Feb '13 12:23
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I would get out more if I were you; watch some TV or something at least.
    Grampy Bobby's OP reminded me of these 'First World Problems' that someone once sent me...

    My hand is too fat to shove into the Pringles container so I am forced to tilt it.

    The Domono's Pizza tracker is not working, now I don't know when to put on my pants.

    My laptop battery is low, but the charger is over there.

    I had too much food for lunch and now I am tired.

    And so on.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    23 Feb '13 13:35
    Second, I'd motivate learning with local/state (not federal) budget tuition funds for competitive classroom excellence beginning in high school. Third (in the playful spirit the thread's intended) we would all chip in as able for the installation of Free Overhead Beer and Ale Pipes in the Local Pubs. Fourth, Red Hot Pawn would be asked to lower its age minimum to five. Greenpawn34 would hold classes Saturday afternoons.
  12. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29872
    23 Feb '13 13:46
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    ...in the playful spirit the thread's intended...
    Feel free to try to micro-manage everyone's response; it wouldn't be one of your threads otherwise.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    23 Feb '13 14:092 edits
    Originally posted by FMF

    Feel free to try to micro-manage everyone's response; it wouldn't be one of your threads otherwise.
    No worries, F M. You can reign as king in your world and I'll wear a tipsy crown in mine. Then, All Members of (and subscribers to) the Human Race may decide where to reside. Annualy, Ponderable could take a census of both population and relocations between these two and other worlds in which other RHP Members were King or Queen. GB's World would warmly welcome all Patzers, Seekers, Lovers, Poets and Clowns.
  14. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29872
    23 Feb '13 14:14
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    No worries, F M. You can reign as king in your world and I'll wear a tipsy crown in mine. Then, All Members of (and subscribers to) the Human Race may decide where to reside. Annualy, Ponderable could take a census of both population and relocations between these two and other worlds in which other RHP Members were King or Queen. GB's World would warmly welcome all Patzers, Seekers, Lovers, Poets and Clowns.
    Yours was such a pampered, vapid, parochial, 'first world' suggestion [while referring to "the world"], it was crying out to be kicked into touch. Don't take it personally. Just try to enter into the spirit of things. 🙂
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    23 Feb '13 14:231 edit
    Originally posted by FMF

    Yours was such a pampered, vapid, parochial, 'first world' suggestion [while referring to "the world"], it was crying out to be kicked into touch. Don't take it personally. Just try to enter into the spirit of things. 🙂
    Thanks for the chat, F M.

    Gotta run.

    Breakfast's being served.
    .
Back to Top