1. Wat?
    Moves
    08 Mar '15 12:42
    New GF word game – tried and tested in my fac club, and seems to work well.

The general idea is to construct a sentence using as many words as you can that can be made from the final word of the previous sentence, in order to generate the first words of your new sentence.

The greatest amount of words that can be made is the challenge, and the first winner will be the first person who makes 8 consecutive words in their sentence having adhered to the below rules. Each subsequent 8 consecutive word maker will be tallied, and results will be published according to each 8 word sentence completed on a monthly basis.

Definitive Rules:

1. The final word of your sentence must contain a minimum of 8 letters, to aid the next contributor. The final word of the previous sentence must be the word used to generate any words found within it and which begin the next sentence.

2. All sentences must be coherent and contain some logic, and only one sentence may follow.

3. Letters in the previous final word may not be used more than once in any single word of the words used to generate the beginning of the next sentence.

4. Please post all words that form your new sentence in bold font.

5. Sentences must contain a minimum of at least 8 words including the final 8 letter or more long word for the next contributor.

6. Please number sentences in sequence, so that each 8 worded beggining sentence using the allocated word can be identified, and in bold font then I can nominate individual winners of each sequence, on a monthly basis.

Example:

Last word of previous sentence is ‘difficult’.

2. I'd lift your spirits to heights never before experienced.

3. In deep experience I can find serendipity.

4. Dr. snip it fast, or I may change my mind about this vasectomy.

And so on. Notice all final words were beyond 7 letters in length.

In practice, many complete sentences were made excluding the final additional word for next user.

Therefore, the challenge is to both offer a good word, of over 7 letters long, but to complete an 8 word introduction using words found in the last word of the previous sentence. Also, please try your best to use legitimate punctuation – which will be at the discretion of the judge – namely -m.

I hope the above is clear.

-m.

So, to begin:

1. I was walking my dog yesterday, and she turned and kissed me so much that it was inspirational.
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    08 Mar '15 12:55
    Originally posted by mikelom

The general idea is to construct a sentence using as many words as you can that can be made from the final word of the previous sentence, in order to generate the first words of your new sentence.

The greatest amount of words that can be made is the challenge, and the first w ...[text shortened]... I was walking my dog yesterday, and she turned and kissed me so much that it was inspirational.
    Soooo many bloody rules.🙄 but here goes.

I strap on a pair of chaps when I go motorcycling.
  3. In your face
    Moves
    08 Mar '15 12:59

The greatest amount of words that can be made is the challenge, and the first w ...[text shortened]... I was walking my dog yesterday, and she turned and kissed me so much that it was inspirational.
    Wut?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Mar '15 13:10
    Originally posted by Sicilian Sausage
    Wut?
    Me neither.
  5. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    08 Mar '15 13:29

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    08 Mar '15 13:41
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Spit on me son ...I will make it the last thing you ever accomplish.
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    08 Mar '15 13:511 edit
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    [b] Spit on me son ...I will make it the last thing you ever accomplish.[/b]
    I am a Polish cop, pal, so comp him a ticket to the tournament.

"comp: to give (something) away free, especially as part of a promotion."
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    08 Mar '15 14:11
    Originally posted by JS357
    [b]I am a Polish cop, pal, so comp him a ticket to the tournament.

"comp: to give (something) away free, especially as part of a promotion."[/b]
    Ten tame men tour our tent to arm themselves.

A bit of alliteration to boot.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Mar '15 14:17
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Sure it will. Hit "numerics" tab then "#+=" tab and the brackets are in there. It's a little annoying as you have to keep going back in.
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    08 Mar '15 14:21
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Sure it will. Hit "numerics" tab then "#+=" tab and the brackets are in there. It's a little annoying as you have to keep going back in.
    Man, that's soooo much work. That's why my cell phone is 8 years old...it's a phone.
  11. Wat?
    Moves
    08 Mar '15 14:22
    Rule 6: Please number sentences.

First hit goes to JS357 - 8 WORDS.

Last word I believe was 'themselves'.

Next sentence is #1
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Mar '15 14:291 edit
    Man, that's soooo much work. That's why my cell phone is 8 years old...it's a phone.
    It's an extra keystroke for each item. The problem is you can "hold" it as you can "shift" on a normal keyboard.

Edit: sorry for the interruptions Mike.
  13. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    08 Mar '15 15:15

Next sentence is #1
    Do I get a silver medal?
  14. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    08 Mar '15 17:07
    just put a capital B after the last qualifying word?
  15. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    08 Mar '15 17:09

Next sentence is #1
    I believe I had 9 words.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree