1. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    11 Mar '14 04:561 edit
    Happy Intergalactic Mens' Day to everyone!

It's not an official holiday, not yet, but if we can find enough men who want to feel special and enjoy being pandered to then maybe, just maybe, someday it could become an officially recognized holiday... or not, I really don't care.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Mar '14 07:17
    Originally posted by lemon lime

It's not an official holiday, not yet, but if we can find enough men who want to feel special and enjoy being pandered to then maybe, just maybe, someday it could become an officially recognized holiday... or not, I really don't care.
    Actually IGMD has been celebrated for several million years, but only in a few distant galaxies where the desire to set a date for joyful differentiation between the biological organisms responsible for sexual reproduction became a social trend. In other parts of the universe the celebration of Intergalactic Hermaphrodites Day was popular only for a brief time as the entire populace felt both celebrated and discriminated against at the same time, and the event was considered a pointless failure.

With the spread of sexual diversity in the 12th millennia post Andromeda Apocalyptica, the Milky Way's governing body elected IMD as a way of recognising the new race of bipeds called humans who were desperate to differentiate themselves from the traditional cosmic androgyny.

IMD's an official holiday in some societies parts of the galaxy. Even in some societies where it's not an official holiday, it's customary for androgynous life forms to give flowers or beer or other gifts to the significant males in their lives.

At the upcoming interplanetary summit for equality for all life forms there will be keynote speech by the eminent authority on sexual and asexual differentiation Dr Liz Ard. Dr Ard is also publishing a white paper on the voting rights of reptilian eggs.
  3. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    11 Mar '14 07:20
    And now I would like to sing for you the Intergalactic Mens' Day anthem.

A one and a two and a...

Happy Intergalactic Mens' Day to you
    Happy Intergalactic Mens' Day to you
    You look like a monkey
    And you smell like one too
  4. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    11 Mar '14 07:33
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Actually IGMD has been celebrated for several million years, but only in a few distant galaxies where the desire to set a date for joyful differentiation between the biological organisms responsible for sexual reproduction became a social trend. In other parts of the universe the celebration of Intergalactic Hermaphrodites Day was popular only for a brie ...[text shortened]... tion Dr Liz Ard. Dr Ard is also publishing a white paper on the voting rights of reptilian eggs.
    Well, IMO we can't expect the rest of the galaxy to take us seriously if we continue dragging our feet, and neglect to celebrate this most important and auspicious event.

...flowers or beer?
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Mar '14 10:29
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Actually IGMD has been celebrated for several million years, but only in a few distant galaxies where the desire to set a date for joyful differentiation between the biological organisms responsible for sexual reproduction became a social trend. In other parts of the universe the celebration of Intergalactic Hermaphrodites Day was popular only for a brie ...[text shortened]... tion Dr Liz Ard. Dr Ard is also publishing a white paper on the voting rights of reptilian eggs.
    I believe the author was Anna Rexia, a well known intergalactic life form expert, a multi planetiarian dietary expert and well known scuba diving enthusiast.
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    11 Mar '14 12:06
    Well, IMO we can't expect the rest of the galaxy to take us seriously if we continue dragging our feet, and neglect to celebrate this most important and auspicious event.

...flowers or beer?
    That's a rhetorical question, right?
  7. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    11 Mar '14 13:06

Thank God, years and days are the same all over the universe and synched to earth...

OOps, they are not the same in our solar system.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Mar '14 14:42
    Pffffffft...

Every day is Men's day.

😞
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Mar '14 15:31

As an intergalactic man I would like to take this opportunity to thank lemon lime for caring enough even though he couldn't care less about a galactic holiday.
  10. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    12 Mar '14 04:44
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Pffffffft...

Every day is Men's day.

😞
    That's the spirit! But we men aren't greedy... we'll settle for just one day out of the year. 😀
  11. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    12 Mar '14 04:55
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    That's a rhetorical question, right?
    No, I was a bit confused until I went back to read it again. If you're an androgynous life form then apparently it doesn't matter what the gift is, because the distinction between genders isn't very well defined. And it could be that even they can't tell the difference... if there is any. 😛
  12. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    12 Mar '14 05:17
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Pffffffft...

Every day is Men's day.

😞
    "I love being White. I can go back anywhere in time, and it will be awesome when I get there!" -Louis CK
  13. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    12 Mar '14 05:271 edit
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Thank God, years and days are the same all over the universe and synched to earth...

OOps, they are not the same in our solar system.
    True. Communication is as effectively problematic as travel between various points within our galaxy, much more so than simply within our own solar system, and there are undoubtedly as many variations of time units that can be called 'days' as there are alien civilizations, but that's not really a problem because who's going to know if Intergalactic Mens' Day is synchronized to earth or not? We won't know because we can't know, but just for the heck of it let's say it is... and leave it at that.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Mar '14 10:01
    True. Communication is as effectively problematic as travel between various points within our galaxy, much more so than simply within our own solar system, and there are undoubtedly as many variations of time units that can be called 'days' as there are alien civilizations, but that's not really a problem because who's going to know if Intergalactic Mens' ...[text shortened]... know because we can't know, but just for the heck of it let's say it is... and leave it at that.
    BTW, did you hear about the Ms. Universe contest?

It seems yet again someone from Earth won!
  15. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    12 Mar '14 10:13
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    BTW, did you hear about the Ms. Universe contest?

It seems yet again someone from Earth won!
    It's fixed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree