General Forum

General Forum

  1. Joined
    06 Sep '04
    Moves
    7984
    06 Feb '14 01:02
    I have been gone for a few months. I was wondering if things have slowed down? Granted, I am a lower rated player. I have 4 open invites for near my rating and haven't gotten any filled. Usually this would happen by the end of the day.
  2. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Joined
    31 May '13
    Moves
    5577
    06 Feb '14 01:18
    Originally posted by Keith83
    I have been gone for a few months. I was wondering if things have slowed down? Granted, I am a lower rated player. I have 4 open invites for near my rating and haven't gotten any filled. Usually this would happen by the end of the day.
    Increasing the timeout from 1 to 3 days would probably help. Also I've noticed most people include an opponent rating they're willing to play. If you're willing to widen that range on the top end you might get a few games going in a lot less time.
  3. Subscriberdivegeester
    digital entity
    libera te ex inferis
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88268
    06 Feb '14 07:49
    Originally posted by Keith83
    I have been gone for a few months. I was wondering if things have slowed down? Granted, I am a lower rated player. I have 4 open invites for near my rating and haven't gotten any filled. Usually this would happen by the end of the day.
    How fast do you want it? In the last 10 years you've moved an average of twice a day, if you got much slower you'd be going backwards.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35769
    06 Feb '14 15:52
    Aahhh, the most popular forum game of them all, ripping the unsubs.
  5. Subscriberdivegeester
    digital entity
    libera te ex inferis
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88268
    06 Feb '14 19:45
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Aahhh, the most popular forum game of them all, ripping the unsubs.
    You call that ripping. You should get out more sweet-peach.
  6. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    2014.05.01
    Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    92274
    07 Feb '14 00:45
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You call that ripping. You should get out more sweet-peach.
    It's been a long time since we burned a non-sub at the stake. I think that sends the wrong message. They're starting to think they can just do whatever they want here. They're starting to consider themselves our equals.

    Nominations?
  7. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    07 Feb '14 01:14
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    It's been a long time since we burned a non-sub at the stake. I think that sends the wrong message. They're starting to think they can just do whatever they want here. They're starting to consider themselves our equals.

    Nominations?
    Trev33
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10313
    07 Feb '14 01:36
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Trev33
    I'm flattered. 'hatters gonna hate'.
  9. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    07 Feb '14 02:24
    Originally posted by Trev33
    I'm flattered. 'hatters gonna hate'.
    Got a match?
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10313
    07 Feb '14 21:04
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Got a match?
    Old men shouldn't play with matches.
  11. Subscriberketchuplover
    G.O.A.T.
    Wisconsin USA
    Joined
    09 Dec '01
    Moves
    55522
    07 Feb '14 22:14
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Old men shouldn't play with matches.
    The classic responses are 1. Your face and my ass & 2. Not since Superman left

    You're welcome
  12. In your face
    Joined
    21 Aug '04
    Moves
    55993
    07 Feb '14 22:48
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Old men shouldn't play with matches.
    "Old farts shouldn't play with matches" has more of a ring to it. Remember it for next time. 😛
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10313
    07 Feb '14 23:03
    Originally posted by ketchuplover
    The classic responses are 1. Your face and my ass & 2. Not since Superman left

    You're welcome
    Wouldn't want to offend my ass it's far prettier than his face.
  14. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10313
    07 Feb '14 23:041 edit
    Originally posted by Sicilian Sausage
    "Old farts shouldn't play with matches" has more of a ring to it. Remember it for next time. 😛
    Ok, I'll remember it when you start playing with matches 😛

    BTW WTF is going on at United? Vidic not being given a new contract... Moyes is a spanner.
  15. In your face
    Joined
    21 Aug '04
    Moves
    55993
    07 Feb '14 23:22
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Ok, I'll remember it when you start playing with matches 😛

    BTW WTF is going on at United? Vidic not being given a new contract... Moyes is a spanner.
    Is he not being given a new contract or is he refusing to sign one? Mmmmmmmm.

    PS If I'm an old fart, you're a petrified turd. 😛
Back to Top