1. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    25 Oct '13 22:341 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Ponderable, do you seriously think
    one private club forum (93 days old with thirty members and 86 threads)
    could be "the reason for the dying GF"?
    Not dying... 😴ing. Sometimes COS appears to be a😴, so I have no choice but to come here. :'(
  2. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    26 Oct '13 03:56
    yo... waz up?
  3. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    26 Oct '13 05:382 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    26 Oct '13 11:15
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Maybe they heard that some of us write things before we really finish our thoughts and as such need to do edits and this may have them thinking, "Do I really want to be involved with people who are so impulsive?"
  5. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    26 Oct '13 14:264 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    26 Oct '13 14:50
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Maybe they heard that some of us write things before we really finish our thoughts and as such need to do edits and this may have them thinking, "Do I really want to be involved with people who are so impulsive?"
    Do people do edits a lot? I know I do because I often find spelling errors or discover missing words too late. Does it annoy anyone?
  7. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    27 Oct '13 03:56
    Originally posted by lolof
    Do people do edits a lot? I know I do because I often find spelling errors or discover missing words too late. Does it annoy anyone?
    It doesn't annoy me because I edit all the time. If it's a serious subject I'll point out the edited version to someone who responds quickly, but most of the time there's no need for doing that.

I intentionally edited a message to include something GBS said in response to me at COS, but it was done in the spirit of having some fun. GBS and I seem to be on the same wavelength in that regard... Reveal Hidden Content
    ...and CP too. Here it comes, wait for it... wait for it...
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    27 Oct '13 12:42
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    It doesn't annoy me because I edit all the time. If it's a serious subject I'll point out the edited version to someone who responds quickly, but most of the time there's no need for doing that.

I intentionally edited a message to include something GBS said in response to me at COS, but it was done in the spirit of having some fun. GBS and I seem to be ...[text shortened]... h in that regard... [hidden]...and CP too. Here it comes, wait for it... wait for it...[/hidden]
    Hey don't you know the "unwritten law"?...."What goes on in Vegas stays in Vegas."πŸ˜²πŸ™„πŸ˜‰
  9. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    27 Oct '13 17:09
    Hey don't you know the "unwritten law"?...."What goes on in Vegas stays in Vegas."πŸ˜²πŸ™„πŸ˜‰
    Oops, for a moment I forgot it was a private club. Members only.

Nope, nothin' to see in COS... false alarm... if they only knew what was really happening in COS they'd all be, uh, standing in line to come back here. Yeah. Nothing going on in there... nothing to see... we have too many people there as it is... no joiners, please. We're exclusive.
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    27 Oct '13 21:27
    Oops, for a moment I forgot it was a private club. Members only.

Nope, nothin' to see in COS... false alarm... if they only knew what was really happening in COS they'd all be, uh, standing in line to come back here. Yeah. Nothing going on in there... nothing to see... we have too many people there as it is... no joiners, please. We're exclusive.
    Well I wouldn't go as far as to preclude the joining of a few men or woman of high moral and ethical standards. Now having said that I, of course, have no say in who may or maynot join...just saying.
  11. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    27 Oct '13 21:59
    Well I wouldn't go as far as to preclude the joining of a few men or woman of high moral and ethical standards. Now having said that I, of course, have no say in who may or maynot join...just saying.
    Woah there, cowboy! No one said anything to me about expectations of high moral and ethical standards before I joined.

Actually, I agree with you. But like you I have no say in who may or may not join. Hopefully the bit about "high moral standards" is enough to discourage trolls with their low sloping foreheads and beady little lustful eyes, and bad breath. I was going to add excessive flatulence to that list of undesirable qualities, but it's too late for that now... I'm already a member. And so is Frank.
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 01:34
    Woah there, cowboy! No one said anything to me about expectations of high moral and ethical standards before I joined.

Actually, I agree with you. But like you I have no say in who may or may not join. Hopefully the bit about "high moral standards" is enough to discourage trolls with their low sloping foreheads and beady little lustful eyes, and ...[text shortened]... undesirable qualities, but it's too late for that now... I'm already a member. And so is Frank.
    And Frank is, I think he said, the champion of the Northwest. He said he spends a lot of time in the back forty practicing.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 02:24
    Stees, thanks for referencing standards of online civility. Yes, the oasis is always open; and the camel lot offers more than adequate post tethering a few steps away. All site members in good standing who enjoy conversation are welcome to join.
  14. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 04:02
    And Frank is, I think he said, the champion of the Northwest. He said he spends a lot of time in the back forty practicing.
    Oh really, champion of the Northwest is he? Does he know what nibbling on candy corn will do to you after eating spicy hot chili poured over high fiber mulitgrain bread? I'll bet he doesn't know about that, about how candy corn acts as a catalyst. And I'm only revealing this secret because I have a whole bunches of other secrets I won't reveal.

Bring it on!
  15. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 11:14
    Oh really, champion of the Northwest is he? Does he know what nibbling on candy corn will do to you after eating spicy hot chili poured over high fiber mulitgrain bread? I'll bet he doesn't know about that, about how candy corn acts as a catalyst. And I'm only revealing this secret because I have a whole bunches of other secrets I won't reveal.

Bring it on!
    You, too, sound as though you are, like Frank, if not a professional flatulator someone who has a great deal of dietary/physiological knowledge. If there is enough interest I'd be willing to set up a "Special" meetup for people of your ilk. Do you know of any others who may be interested?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree